USDJPY set up ideas and trades

USDJPY TGIF set up

Looking at this possible set up for London open tomorrow or New York session.
This pair reacted nicely last week and dropped back down after taking the relative equal high, this time i am looking for it to push up and seek the liquidity from the external range above last weeks high in the market open tomorrow and reverse back for a Friday close to the week.

As you can see we have taken the highs of the week and are now towards the high of last month.
From here I would look for a Friday drop before we continue higher in to next week.

Every thing will need to be correct before I enter this trade as time and price will be key during the market sessions watching for a BOS and and an entry on the smaller TF.

Keep a close eye on market structure and remember key entry and price action will be needed.
Make sure you use proper risk management when trading. Let me know how you get on.

2 Likes

I like the idea :face_with_monocle:

Zoom out there was equal highs which you did highlight with a red line. Was likely to swipe that before any down move.

I see a nice area of Supply to the left my sentiment exactly following

I’ll be following along

There are imbalances to fill to the downside could be a nice trade

Oh dear, looks like this on didn’t go to plan :woozy_face:

The pair has been bullish by obeying that trendline. However, I am eying to go short in the pair as well since the price had a rejection and made a strong bearish move from that marked zone earlier. The last two rejections suggests that it may end up producing a Double Top here. If the price makes a bearish breakout at the neckline, it may head towards the South as you have suggested here.

1 Like

Pair setting up nicely for the short trade now. Plenty of historic price action at this level

USDJPY Swing idea.

Looking at this possible set up for London open tomorrow.
This pair has currently climbed all the way up over the last few mouths and we have just come up to above where we were at in Dec 2016.

Now just because we have gone this high does not mean we will come all the way back down but I do think we will see a short term retracement over the next few days to correct the current move.

Now currently on the 1 hour we have broken structure to the down side, would be good to see a clear 4 hour break of structure for more confirmation.

Keep a close eye on market structure and remember key entry and price action will be needed.
Make sure you use proper risk management when trading. Let me know how you get on.

It sure looks ripe for a pullback here. It’s also in the over bought territory on the weekly chart.

I prefer to use a fib retracement and take profits at the 76% level just incase it doesn’t quite return back to the demand level.

USDJPY Price Correction.

JPY has been weak across the board with some huge moves across the board on these pairs. But at some point there must be some form of correction.

For this I will be looking for a 4 hour rejection of the run up tomorrow London session. then setting up a sell going in to New York.

As you can see marked out on the daily timeframe I will be targeting 50% of the move up and we can see a red candle in the middle of all the green candles which is out of place and needs mitigating.

This trade idea is only short term as currently market structure is still very bullish and we will see a continuation on the up side so its important to take profit if you get in the trade before the market takes it back again.

1 Like

Massive impulse up has to retrace to balance for sure

It’s very strange for this pair considering both are sometimes used as a safe haven during conflict. I was expecting more of a sideways moving trend

The pair has been heading towards the moon. It does not seem that the bear take over soon. However, the intraday buyers are to be careful to go long as well since the price has been overbought in some major charts.

1 Like

Teetering on the edge of hitting 5Y highs, definitely be ready for a pull back.
Don’t think we’ll see the bears take over, but still - wouldn’t be longing right now.

1 Like

Its massively bullish on higher timeframes too. Ill be looking for a small retracement on lower ones to get in at a good point

My thoughts exactly, being on the right side of the pull back will net massive pips

The situation here now is definitely mixed but may be worth a small sell try even now.