USDJPY set up ideas and trades

Didi you locked some profits?

1 Like

Interested to know as well. Will be good to gain an insight into the management

Expecting more USD downside this week I think.

USD/JPY set ups

Looking at trading this pair depending on the run of liquidity, We have equal highs and lows along with a FVG. Personally i would like the buy option to come in to play ready for Friday trading but we have to trade what the market gives us and be able to trade in both directions.
The buy idea is a run to the FVG leaving the equal lows and break to the up side to take out the equal highs first before we continue bearish. But we might get the sell option first and if so then break equal highs touch on the breaker and sell of down to the equal lows and continue structure.
Will be looking for BOS in 5/15 min TF, Keep a close eye on market structure and remember key entry and price action will be needed.
Let me know what you think of this set up.

1 Like

I like that imbalance. It could be a very nice trade :slight_smile:

USDJPY seems to be bullish in the H4 chart. The chart shows that it has enough space towards the North side to travel. We may get a bullish day today.

Guess you’re eyeballing the sell now price took out the equal highs?

This think when somewhat bonkers today, eh?

Did it do what you expected, with the CPI data that came out?

The daily chart shows that the pair is traded around 131.550. It is a very significant level. It may end up producing a bullish reversal candle. If that happens, the pair may get bullish for a while.

If this 4 hour area holds I will be looking for a buy on this pair.

USDJPY Trade update from last week.

On the right is the chart and ideas I posted last week and on the left is an update.
As you can see the sells got tagged and running in profit. Currently looking at structure I feel we could go all the way to TP on the sell but will be watching the buy area at London tomorrow to see if we need to shut it down and change bias. Currently running at 5R and seeing what the markets bring for Friday trading. Could be continuation move or retracement of the week move.
This is why you need to manage a trade and watch price action. we do not want to give what we have earn back to the markets.

Let me know if you caught the trade and your set ups in the next week.

A bullish breakout above 134.000 may make the pair bullish in the H4 chart. The pair seems to have found its support at 132.550.

1 Like

I entered at support :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Yes, but did you go long or short? lol.

I believe 132.24 level was such an important support level here; most profitably USDJPY will break the 139 level!

Check the DXY, USD is pushing on again and is taking aim at the recent highs. We could well head into the 110 territory and higher which continues to make highs on UJ

1 Like

Definitely can see that its been relentless recently

You could be right about that 139 level.

Certainly seems like we’re entering a bullish phase for UJ with DXY strength

1 Like

The pair made a good bullish move by obeying an up trending trend line. It seems to have found its resistance at 137.700. A bullish breakout at the level may push the price towards the North further.

1 Like