VIPERS Country Store

Hmmm… we need that elusive commodity - time :slight_smile:

I don’t get this one. If I look at the point it only moved on the X axis. First it moved to the left of the initial position and after that to the right of the initial position.

Shed some light on my geometry skills

Thanks P, appreciate it.

This is what new traders miss, they focus strictly on the price, and forget that time is passing. Although it may seem esoteric, as traders we have to remember that the data point is not traveling on the X axis, only on the Y, It is as if the data point was floating and the chart was moving behind it. The willful or general ignorance of the time factor is what generally leads a trader to turn a profitable trade into a negative trade, or at times to miss a good entry, take a needed stop etc.

This is why I like to call where we function as traders as Price/Time. Time is as important as the price. If you look at today’s action on the EUR/USD, and then look at the trade I took on Ria’s thread, you can literally see the time decay as far as momentum is concerned, we were headed to a breakout level, but the longer it took to break out, in a convincing fashion, the less probable the breakout became.

You can see small buy positions were being taken, no doubt in anticipation (an emotion) of a breakout, but as time passed and no one showed conviction, evidenced by longer candles, shorter wicks and tails, and possibly an upward moving ATR, price eventually dropped back to the consolidation level, with everyone getting out.

Time will get you everytime, hehehe, if you don’t pay attention to it, the longer you are in, the greater the risk, the more stuff that can happen that would be a surprise, so always take time into account in every trade you make, it really should be part of the plan.

The Ever Tempus Fugit VIPER

3 Likes

Hey J, excuse my inability to line stuff up, no matter what I did, it just would not work.

The Ever Apologetic For My Forum Drawing Skiils

1 Like

ummmm… a period.

NO, no, no… it’s a point!

To clarify - I’m not a good communicator! - long candles with minimal shadows/wicks&tails would have been evidence of conviction - a strong breakout move - Correct?

KC

Out and flat 1.17819 right now.

The Ever Flat VIPER

Hey F, that is how I see it, as we move to smaller fractals, the more of a solid body you have the less volatility, or what I like to consider “bidirectional movement”, look at todays 15min and you can see an exaggeration of this principle.

The Ever Helpful VIPER

Ok, lets see if we can get a 13min downtrend started on the Fiber.

Edit at 1015 nope the euro’s are starting holiday early.

The Ever Patient VIPER

Ok, as a public service announcement, EUR/USD, we are now in a daily downtrend, on the hourly we are going to retrace to 1512, with higher overshoots possible. Long would be a bad choice at this time.

Edit 8:48 Short size 1514, heavy, hedged on the NADEX due to hold through overshoots, general entry on the 1 hr. longish term

Edit 10 5 18 10 :06 We are done, small loss because of the hedge. Not going to hold at this point.

The Ever Guidance Giving VIPER

1 Like
                  **BREAKING (and I mean breaking) NEWS**

I slipped going down some steps yesterday, shoes were wet, and I broke 3 bones in my right ankle, and also dislocated it, and yes I heard it pop and snap when I rolled the ankle. So surgery is an absolute, and I am sittin here with a Fiberglass temporary cast. So I was told that they were going to have to put me out, and then do the reduction on the ankle.

The good news is that, while I was laying in the ER, yesterday, the swelling went down, I started rotating my right leg inward and I was able to reduce my own dislocation, the Dr, came in looked at my foot and said “that foot is not dislocated what happened” I said " I reset it myself" he said " did you use your hands" I said " nope, I just started rotating the leg, and it popped twice and went back into place". I had like ten people standing in the bed area, all wanting to see the guy who did his own ankle reduction. I’m Invincible, heheheeh.

Any Way Have A Great Day

The Ever Bent But Not Broken VIPER

5 Likes

tenor

Oh man! Take care and follow Dr.s orders! Hope healing is quick!

KC

Best wishes to a speedy recovery!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. Get well soon @TradeViper! Looking forward to seeing the ever positive (and obviously skilled in ankle reductions) TradeViper back soon.

1 Like

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear that. I broke my ankle badly last year, so I can definitely sympathize with what you’ve gone through/will go through.

Learning to walk again isn’t a fun task.You’ll look like a pirate walking around on a pegleg for the first few weeks

Sad to hear about the incident but glad to know that you have been able to fix it by yourself.

I am sure you are feeling better now and your broken ankle has also been healed up now.

Best wishes from Sufshiken

Ok, shout-outs and props to Mrs VIPER. Without her there is no way I would be in as good a condition as I am now. She has worked tirelessly making sure I keep my ankle elevated for the max time I can during the day. Has put me on a strict diet, to keep me from blowing up like the Hindenburg. Forcing me to take a shower, double checking that I am properly taking my medication. Etc.

Oh yeah, she also helped me up off of the floor and the yard when I fell here at home, AFTER, the ankle broke. And generally putting up with my insufferable Cherusciesque independent attitude of “don’t worry I can do this, I don’t need help”.

So my wife is #1

The Ever Grateful For The Good People In My Life VIPER

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

So be truthful, how much do you expect to make trading? Remember be truthful.

The Ever Spreading The Word Viper