Vps

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could suggest a good VPS service provider which is cheap+reliable+easy to use+possibly some freebies such as 50% off for first 4 months or buy a year and we’ll give you 2 months free type of thing.

Anyway, as I was writing this post, I had another tab opened which claims to offer free vps:
Forex VPS - Forex Vps Hosting - Vps Forex
Any thoughts on these guys? has anyone heard of them or used them?

You will get much better results using a server that runs Hyper- V.

Most other vps’s (Virtuozzo of example) are unreliable for forex. especially for scalpers. ( your orders will constantly take a few extra seconds)

Having said that, I have used swvps for testing. They will run 10 or so vesrions of mt4.

thanks Goldilocks. I have no idea what the heck Hyper-V is but I will insist on having it from now on :slight_smile: Also I’ve read some bad reviews about support and downtime on swvps. Have your experiences been similar?

oh yes, and I wanted to ask, will it make much of a difference if I dont use Hyper-V VPS provided my ea is not the scalping kind?

SWVP, I only used because they were cheap. I only used them for demo’s.

It is not only the speed at which your order is processed.
If you miss a tick or 2 it can effect your signals. You can get different results by using different servers with the same settings and the same broker.

You probably do not need the Rolls Royce of servers if you are trading $1000.00.
If you are trading with a large account you would want the best VPS available. Trying to save $100 per month by using poorer quality VPS makes no sense.

Here read this…
How to choose the best VPS for Forex trading ‹ Forex Trading Tools – MT4 Indicators – MT4 Experts – Metatrader Tools

Today i received an email from Universal-FX claiming they have the fastest VPS in the world(less than 0.15 latency), and best of the servers. Also the VPS access is free for their clients.

I think there is a way to test it without being a client too. Do let me know if you think their claim is fair.

Also let me know of other brokers. Previously i have tried VPS of FXCC and Alpari. They were alright, but woudl like to have a better service.

Do let me know.

thanks goldilocks, was a really helpful article :slight_smile:

Hi!

I use forexvps.com ($35 per month plan); satisfied with their services so far.

Cheers

I agree with you guys.
There is no need a high quality vps if you trade in micro balance.

As far as i know this vps have a good reputation
Much better than SWVPS
or burstnet …it worst.

I use Galaxy Visions and have been for over 12 months without any real problems.

I also have a coupon code that gives you a $15 per month discount

Put in coupon code “liveforextrading.info”

This indicator is good at giving an idea of the number of ticks you are receiving.

Compare ticks from the same broker on different servers. See how many ticks you are actually receiving on your VPS.

Compare ticks from different brokers on the same server. See how your broker compares to other brokers.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                           Connection_Monitor.mq4 |
//|                                  Copyright © 2010, Kenny Hubbard |

#property indicator_separate_window
#property indicator_buffers 1
#property indicator_color1 Yellow
#property indicator_maximum 115
#property indicator_minimum -15
#property indicator_level1 100
#property indicator_level2 50
#property indicator_level3 0

double 
   Performance[],
//   Tick_Count[],
   Score;
int 
   My_Tick;
string
   cmt; 
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int init()
  {
//---- indicators
   IndicatorShortName("Connection_Monitor");
   SetIndexBuffer(0,Performance);
   IndicatorDigits(1);
   SetIndexDrawBegin(0, Bars-2);
   My_Tick = Volume[0];
//----
   return(0);
  }
//| Custom indicator deinitialization function                       |
int deinit()
{
   Comment("");
}
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int start()
{
int
   counted_bars=IndicatorCounted(),
   New_Bar = Bars-counted_bars-1;
//----
   My_Tick++;
   if (New_Bar > 1)Performance[1] = 100;
   else{
      for(int i=0;i<=New_Bar;i++){
         Performance[i] = My_Tick/Volume[i] * 100;
      }
   }
   cmt = "My Tick Count = " + My_Tick + "
";
   cmt = cmt + "Volume Count  = " + DoubleToStr(Volume[0],0) + "
";
   cmt = cmt + "Score         = " + DoubleToStr(My_Tick/Volume[0] * 100,1) + " %
";
   Comment(cmt);
   if(New_Bar == 1){
      My_Tick = 0;
   }
//----
   return(0);
  }

Hi guys, I use Traderscolo.Com and have found them very good.

I use SWVPS. They are reliable. But you can find any other VPS provider out there that does the same and charge under $40 monthly.

thanks, I’ll give it a try. Are you in IT by any chance cuz I’ve noticed your quite technical.

I have used SWVPS and also nextpointhost I would recommend both for inexpensive VPS service. Nextpointhost does not give admin privliges to customers thats a little bit of a pain. The support at nextpointhosts is good and they always installed any software I asked for in a few hours.

I trade full time. Before 4X I was working as an industrial machine programmer. Writing programs to make it easy to modify code for repetitive tasks, instead of continuously having to go back to a CAD environment. 4X seemed much simpler…

I’m currently with ultrahosting, and haven’t really had any problems in the 1.5 years ive been with them. Although I wouldn’t mind researching cheaper alternatives if one exists. I havent looked into new vps services since I started with UH so I dunno if prices have changed.

Anyone tried the FXCM free VPS?

I am also looking for a cheap+reliable VPS to run my EA.