Wallstreet Forex Robot

JK,

What settings did you use for the EJ? My understanding is that there is not a setting for this but you have to use one of the other inteded pairs settings and apply them to a non recommended pair? Did you use EU? I think I will add EJ to live account on 2% risk and see what it does with what ever settings you were using for that pair.

set usecustompair to true and I chose usdcad settings based on what I heard on another forum. EU’s tp and sl may work better I don’t know? Right now EJ is doing well 25 trades and net +195 pips

WS has been doing very well until yesterday afternoon through this morning.

My account just got whacked in four bad trades. Still definately profitable but I just gave a bunch back to the bad guys. Seems to be two steps forward one step back.

Did others take some losses in the last 24 hours?

It was a terrible day for WSFR, especially USDCHF and USDJPY pairs. Another USDJPY has just closed in loss.

yea a rough day for sure! That is how it goes sometimes. Keep in mind this is August and it may be a lousy month. Wally is still a great ea and I would imagine the worst case scenario would be an overall breakeven month for August. Money mangement is critical, maybe a good time to dial risk down a bit.

Hi all,

I am new to the forum although I have been reading them for the past few weeks.

It is great so know that there are so much information shared.

Thanks for all the great input. Will definitely participate more. Thank you.

New here myself, but all very informative

Hi Guys,

I have been running WSFR on my demo account since 13th July and overall it has been a net loser for me. I have heard very good things about this EA’s consistency here and on other forums and I really want it to work for me but so far it is only really turning a profit on EU. Heres my results since 13th July until now:

UJ 4.6 pips
GU -176 pips
UC -54.3 pips
EU 43.3 pips

Both UC and GU have suffered full 120 pip losses over the past couple of weeks. Some of you guys have had a bad couple of days this week but for me it has been pretty bad for the last few weeks and I dont understand why. Havent heard anyone else reporting simmilar performance. I really want to give this EA a go and I am Hopefully going live on monday but I think for the time being I am only going to put this EA on EU on the live account and just run the others on demo still until things improve. Anyone else had similar performance?

I was wondering if maybe my broker is not right for this EA. I am using Think Forex. FGB and MDP are working fine on this account but maybe it is not right for WSFR?

Anyway just wanted to share my experience with you guys and of course any advice would be appreciated.

Happy pippin’ everyone,

Chris

Looks like it is going solid for now, but we can’t predict how it will turn out in the long turn. Be sure to keep us updated guys. I have high hopes for this bot. Many fail to deliver these days. Happy pipping!

Hey Chris I always hear a lot of people like thinkforex but lately I think i heard something negative about them but I think it was related to mdp.

Anyway if its doing lousy than it is not the best time to go live or like you said go with eu to start. I have decided to severely limit ris on uj and uc pairs. gu has a had a terrible month for me too and I am concerend about summer volatility affecting wsfr so I have limited the risk on gu as well.

For alternate pairs eurjpy is doing well and a couple others. I will total up my trades for you guys to see. This is a solid ea and it will do well in the long run.

Hi there, have a enquiry here. I have 3 EA running in a mt4 account and planning to use vps. What specification vps should I sign up? 256 ram enough or need more? My current EA are wsfr, mds and foreX growth bot.
By the way will they ever have error or crash if the trades happens at same time at different chart?

Hi pippy,

I have read people recommending 1gig of RAM which is probably best. I am however using 512mb RAM thrust vps at the moment and that seems to be doing the job at the moment unless that could be a factor in the performance I am experiencing with this EA at the moment. I am not sure about that though. I have also been running the same 3 EA’s that you mention though and FGB and MDP have been performing well on that spec VPS.

I am not sure about crash’s but I dont think so. Certainly it is not something that I have been affected by so far. Although WSFR does have a max account trades setting which is defaulted at 3 so it will not open new trades if there are already 3 open on your account.

Chris

I’m sorry. I dun Really get it. If mdp and forex growth bot produce some trade already, will wsfr produce trades if it has to? I want my 3 EA to perform flawlessly I hope. :slight_smile:

Hey Pippy,
You can use 1 vps and 1 account but I recommend using different mt4s. the way you can do this is install mt4 from your broker but when it asks you what directory to put it in change the name for example it will say

installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HotForex MetaTrader and i would change that to …

C:\Program Files (x86)\HotForex2 MetaTrader **I added a 2 after hotforex

And in the end it will ask you what program group HotForex MetaTrader and I change that to say…

HotForex2 MetaTrader again i added the 2

then after you finish the installation there will be 2 copies of mt4 and you can run them together and you can log into your account with both of them and keep your ea’s seperate.

Some things that may trip you up, if you are in USA and using a USA broker you may not be able to enter a buy from one ea and a sell from aother or if two ea’s were on 1 mt4 and they both tried to enter a trade at the exact same time you may get a context error (or something like that because mt4 can only execute 1 order at a time)

As for the fifo thing the sollution is an overseas broker but all the other problems can be avoided by running multiple instances of mt4. Also having only 1 ea per instance makes it easy to check the experts tab and the journal tab if there is a problem (for troubleshooting problems)

Finally with thrust I would go with 1gig, its cheap enough. I have the majestic program and I have not ever had a problem. I usually run 5-6 instances of mt4 and I pay $14 a month

one last thing if you run different mt4s I find it helpful to change there names on my desktop to reflect what ea is running for example I would right click the icon on my desktop and change the name from hotforex metatrader to hotforex WSFR this makes it easy to identify which one you may want to maximize or whatever.

Million thanks Johnny. :slight_smile:

wow this site is great …

I posted this over at forexmoments.com

Thought I should post it here too :smiley:

Okay guys here are my results so far…

GBP/USD 18 trades +11.5 pf .62 win rate 49.5% A.win 16.17 A.loss-14.89
EUR/USD 31 trades +80.7 pf 2.13 win rate 86% A.win 4.75 A.loss -11.83
USD/JPY 7 trades +.5 pf .85 win rate 58% A.win 14.05 A.loss -18.57
USD/CHF 30 trades -26.1 pf .59 win rate 70% A.win 10.83 A.loss -28.17

USD/CAD 25 trades +49.4 pf1.18 win rate 83% A.win 11.96 A.loss -50.43
EUR/AUD 12 trades -2.5 pf 1.03 win rate 68.5% A.win 14.07 A.loss -43.03
EUR/CHF DROPPED
AUD/USD 16 trades +115.7 pf 3.53 win rate 95% A.win 8.91 A.loss -17.90
EUR/JPY 35 trades +128.4 pf 1.03 win rate 91.5% A.win 9.73 A.loss -61.03
AUD/JPY 11 trades +36.7 pf .93 win rate 70.5% A.win 13.29 A.loss-23.20
AUD/CAD 11 trades +81.3 pf 31.78 win rate 91.5% A.win 8.38 A.loss -2.5
EUR/CAD 27 trades -61.5 pf .53 win rate 69.5% A.win 8.27 A.loss -39.20

Some notes

GBP/USD still sucks so I am keeping my risk reduced for now
EUR/USD doing great and definitely the best performer of the 4 majors
USD/JPY break even at best
USD/CHF a net loser.

USD/CAD performing very solid right now
EUR/AUD basically breakeven
EUR/CHF Dropped. Performance was very poor
AUD/USD Turning into a superstar! Look at her stats! I got my eye on this pair
EUR/JPY still going strong. I have high hopes for this pair
AUD/JPY doing okay
AUD/CAD doing awesome! a profit factor of 31.78 definitely go my eye on this one.
EUR/CAD a net loser overall so far

Kind of the way it goes. Added the EJ on low risk to my live account and it cranked out 3 losers in a row. :slight_smile: Go figure. Valuable lesson in making sure you keep your risk low until you get a feel for what is going to happen.

JK, can you post which currency settings you used for those that look good that you have high hopes for so far in testing. Maybe same settings for all the non ideal pairs? I’m going to introduce them into the wild on low risk and see how they go.

Thanks for your help!

sure thing. Also note to everyone my account suffered a dramatic full stop loss on eur/usd. For some reason wally seems to get 1 a week. I doub I will hit another sl in a row with eu so I am keeping my risk high. EJ has only had 1 loser for me so far.

I am using the following settings for the alternative pairs that are doing well…

AUD/USD using EUR/USD settings
EUR/JPY using USD/CAD settings
AUD/CAD using EUR/USD settings
USD/CAD using USD/CAD settings
AUD/JPY using GBP/USD settings

There you go