šŸ’° WE HAVE OUR GIVEAWAY WINNERS: What will you remember most about 2023?

Absolutely but you have to follow what you see in the market n make your decision n believe in your confluence even though you are not guaranteed anything 100%

5 Likes

Not to trade the trend! Thatā€™s what Iā€™ll remember. and stick to what you know, choose 2 or 3 pairs and stick with them, short term trades. Sure, Iā€™ve had a few loses, but following that I also had many small victories too. So whatever happens on the news, what ever the new ā€œPYTā€ is, I stuck with few pairs and followed news related to those only then traded with them short term, and itā€™s been ā€œOkayā€ for me. 2023 really taught me about consistency.

P-S. Thank you for organizing the Giveaway. Hopeful!

Thank you! and good luck to the Babypips admins and staff too. and a Happy new year!

8 Likes

Logged in after a year of absence and the first post I see is a Giveaway post!! Wonderful!

My Answer - Most I remember as a trader in 2023 is the way BTC moved. OMG! that was a crazy ride, Never thought it would cross 40K again and suddenly it passed that. That was a really memorable movement for me.

6 Likes

This year has really taught me a lot.

1. I lost nearly 70% of my trading capital and I liquidated the rest.
  2. I got my dream of becoming an investment banker in my mid-20ā€™s.

This is just a snapshot of what I can write, but overall, I learnt that focusing on my goals no matter the hurdle will definitely yield the needed results and Iā€™m proud of myself for where I am currently.

Cheers to more pips in 2024

7 Likes

I can say that 2023 opened up trading opportunities for me though lately this year.
Iā€™m glad I came across babypips just a few months later because it has had great impact on my trading journey. Iā€™m so happy.

4 Likes

ā€œThe market wonā€™t go anywhereā€, yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™ll remember, in this year I couldnā€™t trade for almost 8 months, but when I came back the markets were still here. So I learned itā€™s okay to take time, thereā€™s no rush, and thereā€™s no ā€œlast time to make profitā€, itā€™s always gonna be there and whenever youā€™re ready to trade, itā€™s still gonna be there there will always be money to make.

From that, I started patiently waiting and learning more!

6 Likes

As a trader, what will you remember the most about 2023?

2023 teach me a lot in trading. first i learned why i blow my 3 trading account capital, it was totally my emotion, greedy and fear.

I am working on it and i hope 2024 will bring best for me.

5 Likes

I always heard people say/ write and ā€œpreachā€ about how ā€œlosing makes you strong, you have to lose to win , you must suffer before winningā€ I call all that BS! When you lose, you lose, when you win you winā€¦I learned that a very had way this year.

Sorry to hear that mate. were you able to recover from that?

3 Likes

Not yet. But now a day i am not losing more. I trading with calculated risk and using EA to avoid Emotions. Hope i will recover soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2023/01/01 had my best trading day to date, on a dilemma whether to trade in two days or take a rest on that day. one way I have my sweet memory of winning, and if I trade and that does not go as I plan it would overpower 2023 Jan 1stā€¦ Still on the fence.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t find 2023 to be the most enjoyable year, but it was definitely a productive year.

Non-Forex Related

• I was able to achieve all of my non-forex goals as far as career advancement and then retirement at a fairly young age.
  • Sold my rental property for a 6 figure profit after collecting rent from the same tenant for 13+ years.
  • Paid off the mortgage on my primary residence to become 100% debt free.
  • Wars, geopolitics, and the numerous extreme weather events have been something that I would have expected to see in movies not on the news. Itā€™s almost apocalyptic.

Forex Related

• I didnā€™t trade for the majority of 2023 so it was both refreshing and challenging to get back to actively trading and to publicly journal my journey back.
  • Iā€™m thankful that 2023 was a profitable year despite a lot of rust. Hoping to improve more in 2024.
  • I was fortunate to stumble across a simple but highly effective refinement to my analysis.
  • Fortunate to be able to participate in the member spotlight on a forum that I respect and was my first meaningful forex course.

Things in 2023 that reminded me to be cautious and to remain vigilant

• FTX Crypto exchange scam
  • Changes in the landscape of forex brokers being dumped off of MT4 by MetaQuotes.
  • MyForexFunds getting caught up with some questionable business practices.
5 Likes

For me, Iā€™ll remember 2023 as a wake up call starting with the collapse of the prop firm My Forex Funds.

Up until this year I had been somewhat sceptical of prop firms and had never taken a challenge. However, after seeing lots of people on social media getting huge payouts, I started wondering if I had missed out on something. So I decided to give prop firms a go.

I signed up for a $100K challenge with FTMO and promptly blew it. I then signed up for a couple of challenges with My Forex Funds. Unfortunately, they were abruptly closed down by the authorities in the US and Canada and I lost out yet again on a technicality so to speak.

Most people might have been put off by the ensuing revelations about MFF and the wider prop industry but, for me, it created a newfound sense of urgency. A lot of people were making a lot of money out of prop firms and I could be one of them. I just had to act fast before the winds of regulation swept through the industry.

7 Likes

I have been learning also from experience traders will proof of profitability and risk management techniques and I can say itā€™s been an exciting year.

1 Like

Yes, I got 3 account blown and Iā€™m still learning to improve myself daily.

1 Like

What will you remember most about 2023?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I felt justified in my decision to stay away from the crypto business after I saw how that Sam Bankman-Fried guy fried some people.

4 Likes

Discovering babypips site :blush: would be the highlight of my trading year. I came across babypips around last June and been around since, but finally decided to join the form just TODAY! Itā€™s been an amazing year 2023 , and hopefully it will continue in this year too.

2 Likes

Realized it wasnā€™t enough capital, so added $1000. Got a $250 match from my broker on some promo they had, and I was slightly in profit last year, just barely!

Are you back in with a prop firm?

Hi @samewise

I am presently no longer funded because I only had one funded account with The 5ers. I totally messed that up, which I assure you wonā€™t happen again.

Currently, I am getting on with a $100K FTMO challenge. I will be starting another $300K of challenges with them before the end of January. I decided to stagger the challenges throughout January to minimise the risk of blowing all the accounts at once if I hit a particularly bad losing streak. That said, my goal is to reach maximum funding with them before the end of Q1. I fully expect to pass every challenge I take with them but as I like to say, talkā€™s cheap and money buys houses!

You can follow my progress over on Londonā€™s Funding Journey.

Trust me, 2024 is going to be epic!

3 Likes

Oh man, thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™ll be following along for sure.

For the staggering, is that all with FTMO?

1 Like