Weekly and daily trade set ups

i was lucky and am thankful i closed my position at the right time!

1 Like

Anyone here with setups dealing with JPY?

1 Like

I was in UJ for that huge sell from last night, looking closely at CJ now

1 Like

Would CJ be CHF or CAD? Sorry for the silly question! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

oh sorry! it can be either, but I meant chf lol not a silly question at all

1 Like

Oh I see! Thanks for clarifying! Good catch on USDJPY! Are you short CHFJPY?

1 Like

nope, right now it looks like its at a major daily support level, itā€™s possible that it may go UP in my opinion

1 Like

I see it. What are you waiting for before hopping in? Just checked the 4H, looking good (so far) on that possible bounce.

1 Like

Still looking at CHFJPY? Looking good now - might actually take it!

1 Like

Gbpjpy sell of looks good in for a long term sell

Yes it did itā€™s job a lot of people got hurt there entering to early

It was a tough all due to lack of sell signals but I held in and had my risk set. No issues risk free trade now

We all good bro

Absolutely not. High probability buy imo

No such thing as a silly question :blush:

What are you looking at and why post your analysis and we will all chime in

1 Like

Itā€™s not luck bro you were vigilant :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Usdchf looking bearish d1

2 Likes

Been watching Gold (XAUUSD) for a few weeks now and it looks like itā€™s forming a cup and handle pattern. Hereā€™s an example:

Hereā€™s my Daily chart:

You can clearly see the cup, could that be a handle forming? When I zoom in to the 4H chart thereā€™s clearly a falling wedge pattern (bullish), which would fit the handle pattern as it rises.

Keep watching this sucker boys and girls, I believe thereā€™s a good chance you could see some long term upward movement.

1 Like

Hi G -

I havenā€™t contributed here as Iā€™ve been slaving away on trial trades for various day-trading systems. Long story short - Iā€™ve finally proved I canā€™t make any money from day-trading so I wonā€™t be doing that again. Its back to long-term stuff for me.

My preferences are for D1 charts with W1 for a bit of trend strength comparison and then get in with the trend on continuation signals.

Right now Iā€™m short AUD/CAD. Iā€™ve also got Buy orders on AUD/NZD, EUR/CHF, USD/CHF and Brent: Sell order on GBP/USD. Iā€™d prefer to only have 3 or 4 of these running at any time.

An entry signal Iā€™m trialling is price rejection from the 5EMA in the trend direction, as indicated by the position of the 50EMA relative to the 20, and its slope. So e.g. AUD/NZDā€™s 50EMA is below the 20EMA and is sloping upwards: price broke the 5EMA and closed above it Friday so my buy order is just above Fridayā€™s high: SL is below its low, TP is at 1r ahead of entry.

Actually, I regard rules for entry as just guidelines, any price other than a new extreme in a trend will do. The important thing is to find the best trends and get in.

1 Like