Weekly Discussion [Week of January 28 - February 2, 2019]

Lots of events happening for the USD this week!

Welcome to a brand new trading week - and what looks like a brand new month, too! Here’s last week’s discussion thread if you’d like to check that out.

For those who were in last week’s thread, welcome back!

For the new ones here, welcome! Here’s a mini guide for you:

What is this Weekly Discussion Topic?

We wanted to have a place where people can discuss the day’s events without having to create a new topic or potentially derail someone else’s. It’s more time-based and the discussions will be more loose and easy for anyone to hop in to write a quick question or comment.

OK, so what can we talk about?

• Anything related to this week’s events. If it happened the day before, that’s fine. As long as it’s still within this week’s events, you can discuss it here!
  • You can talk about general news, trading-related news, etc.
  • Technical analysis, trading ideas, etc. that’s applicable for this week.

Do the forum rules still apply?

But of course!

So yes, you still have to be respectful to each other, silly. Here’s the link to our forum rules for your reference.

Hah, I read “delusion” of the week and though Mikey was back. Must be the Kratom.

The Ever Chronically Pained VIPER

Weekly delusion! Ha.

Hope all is well with you @TradeViper! I’ve missed seeing your posts around here and I’m delighted you’re back. :slight_smile:

Hi, new member here so pardon my ignorance if I post something wrong.
Actually, I am new to the world of trading and let’s just say apart from enrolling in online courses like Quantra, over here too. And I saw last Friday that there was a mini crash in the singapor exchange on friday which apparently was not caused but worsened due to aoutomated or algorithm trading bots. (9 million loss apparently)

Obviously I am not worried about it or anything but just thought what the veterans over here feel about algorithmic trading

1 Like