Westfx on zulutrade

SSI: Major Shift in JPY Positions Warns of Yen Strength

The shifting in Yen sentiment further supports what i have been saying about a long term reversal.

It will be interesting if it continues later today when the last SSI update is released.

Good! I guess we can all benefit from it! Good trading all! :slight_smile:
Reserved weekend on the way!

Yeah, hopefully sometime next week most pairs will fully commit.
If so, then I can trade them all and the profits will roll in!

SSI: Lurching Price Action, Spikes in Volatility See Retail Still Net-Long USD

So… more weakness should follow.

Morning all.

Today should be a relatively news free day, so trade away!

Right, I have taken some of those large long term positions I talked about.

Their collective potential profit is over 8500 pips!!

Happy trading!

You will also see on my zulupage that i have a ‘correlated currency, natural hedging and limited draw down’ award next to my ranking!

Ok, so I have just spoken to Zulu and found out that any trade larger than 700 pips can result in me not earning my commission, so I’m afraid I will only be executing these larger trades personally on my fxcm account, not on zulu.
I will have some normal size trades for everyone soon though.

Zulu have some very strange rules!!

I thought they didnt have a problem as long as drawdown didnt go over 700 pips on a single position? I could be wrong but yes, very strange rules indeed!

Yes, your right but the eur/jpy position I opened was over 4000 pips [very large], so if it went less than 25% down then it would cause issues, even though the position would still likely close in profit.

Make sense?

Makes sense 100% - how you reckon you will handle it, just smaller risk-reward on your orig trades or going to look for entirely new entry/exits in the same direction as your overall trades?

I pyramid down into positions. So I take a large position on a pair, it then moves into profit and I pull up the stop. Then once it has retraced and set off again I open a new position at no additional risk and so on…

So, I will just start the pyramid lower down, with positions under the zulutrade 700 pip threshold.

It wont really make any difference to anything, as the very large positions only happen a few times a year.

All in all it doesn’t change anything, I just think its a bit strange on zulus part.

Good Morning WESTFX,

Hope you had a sun filled weekend!

Quick question if i may.

Looking on Zulu i can see 1 open posion and 2 orders. Is this correct please?

Cheers!

Hi Saytin,

I did indeed have a sun filled weekend, it was beautiful!
I hope you did as well.

Yes that is correct.
I don’t think you should have any more issues with the positions and orders. Looking on the internet it seems to be a pretty isolated issues and its not a regular occurrence.

Good Morning everyone!

I just want to say as a relative forex newbie, how much I have enjoyed this particular thread! WestFX, i must commend you on your constant updates and the great news that you keep feeding us. I am watching you with hawk eyes on Zulu and reckon you one of the most clear and honest people on there.

I wish you luck with your trading and I look forward to being a part of this thread and your success.

I too have entered some longterm short positions this morning off the back of what WestFX has said today. I am with you for this ride!!!

Hi Qureshb,

Thanks for the kind words!

If you don’t mind me asking, what positions have you entered?

Kind regards.

Yes lots of sun here too.

I have mirrored your orders…green pips ahead!!..hopefully :51:

Have a great week!

Sorry i meant to have written ‘short’ positions, but I wrote long (see that’s how much of a newbie I am - lol). I have just edited that.

The positions I have entered short today are EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, GBP/CHF and AUD/CAD. I already shorted EUR/USD @1.3701 last week. Have I done right?