Westfx on zulutrade

-removed, so that it doesn’t confuse things for new account-

Thanks for the ‘like’, hopefully I’ll give you some pips in return!

[QUOTE=WESTFX;625897]Thanks for the ‘like’, hopefully I’ll give you some pips in return![/QUOTE

Morning.

I could definitely do with some pips to get back on track :-/

If you followed the GBP/NZD trade you should currently be swimming in pips! approx 100 up and its still climbing

edit - westfx beat me to it

Unfortunately I missed the gbp/nzd trade as it didn’t show on my zulutrade account. Just had a look (via phone so not easy) and think it might have been down to a risk setting. Changed it and hopefully will pick up any new trades. Are the pending trades visible on Zulutrade.

1500 pips… now your just making me jealous.lol.

Keep up the good work!

Thats a shame, but they’ll be more.

Very occasionally there can be as many as 1500 pips from one trade, but it doesn’t happen often.

I dont have a ‘follower’ account on zulu but I would imagine if you follow someone, then you would be able to see the pending trades/market orders??

Let me know if you can find them on a pc, thanks.

Saytin I can help with any queries you have regarding Zulutrade ‘Follower’ accounts - I am sure Eddy can also provide quite a bit of info - It may be you are at your max number of open trades (it includes orders) - I set mine to 18 in settings for WestFX as it allows for the varying numbers of open positions and open orders

As soon as you ‘follow’ zulutrade normally asks if you want to copy both all open positions and any open orders.

Thanks. I’ll nip home at lunch time and have a look. Also looks like that pair(gbp/nzd) not available on etoro.

Thanks for the help mbdav.

Saytin, I don’t have experience with etoro but the gbp/nzd is a common/major pair and I would expect it to be tradable via most popular trading platforms.
However, it may require ‘turning on’ in the platform settings or you may need to speak to them on the phone or via live chat etc.

Had a quick look at lunch and seems etoro don’t offer that pair…done a ‘google’ on it and others mentioned the same.

Also went into Zulutrade and no sign of pending orders. I can see open positions and history but not pending:-(

Maybe you do not have any type of pending orders that your traders executed. If you see in history it means that the trades actually has been executed. what pair are you looking at actually ?

You may have to ‘Unfollow’ and then ‘Follow’ the signal provider - at the point when you ‘Follow’ it will ask you whether you want to copy the trades (any current or pending orders), u can tick/untick the boxes if u want/dont want to copy that particular trade

As for Etoro - I dabble with it to trade Bitcoin but when I looked into forex it seems to miss a LOT of the major pairs and their spreads are not very competitive.

Saytin - do you have a live account with Zulutrade? It would have required you to sign up with a broker that can use the Zulutrade system/api/whatever it is - if you have no account (i.e no live or demo account with Zulutrade) you will not be able to see the pending orders and will not have the option to ‘Follow’ any trades placed by the Signal Provider

mbdav, what about you? do you have an account with zulutrade? Are you trader or a follower yourself?

Hi Eddy,

I did the Babypips school a couple of years ago and have had quite a bit of practice since but would hardly call myself a real trader…I’ve spent a fair amount of time over the last 6-12 months daytrading cryptocurrency (probably traded more Bitcoin than anything else).

I am a follower on Zulutrade but I do have another live account with a non-Zulutrade broker that I use to place my own trades when the opportunity presents itself - I follow a couple of different ‘Methods’ (The 3 Ducks was a great place for me to start)

The thing I have found hardest on my learning journey so far is sitting on my hands and doing nothing!

hey there I strongly agree with you you. I have also tried to trade manually myself, but to tell you the truth it is not that very much easy to tell you the truth.

Who are following on zulutrade? and how? are you a high or low risk trader?

Following A Clear Horizon currently, First Eagle and a few others occasionally (for example i am not part of First Eagles current 300 pip drawdown, trade didnt look right to me when He/She/It initially made it so I didnt follow)

I would say I am very low risk - no single trade is ever worth above 5% of my total account value. I am very much of the opinion that risk management is number 1, every other lesson follows - Once I had worked out risk management properly - for each SP I follow or trade I make on my own I work out how much I would loose in a worst case scenario - so for example for First Eagle I see max DD was 460, so I assumed approx. 500 pip drawdown total (PER TRADE!) - worked out how much that would cost me with lot size + leverage etc etc - if it worked out at 5% or below then the mbdav-risk-o-meter (in my head) says GOGOGOGOOGOGOGO

I get the same satisfaction from gaining £1 profit in my account that some get from a £100 profit, so I (hopefully) wont fall down the greed trap any time soon

Hi mbdav i took your advice and unfollowed then re-followed and selected open trades but still doesn’t show me any pending orders. I am using demo on Zulutrade for the moment.

Hii EDDY MO, Thanks for the info. The pair was gbp/nzd