What about the Unity?

Well certainly the recent figures for UK are significantly better than for EU and today the BoE held interest rates again whereas the EU reduced theirs and spoke again of QE.

Coupled with the more placatory rhetoric coming from Barnier and Verhofstatt yesterday and today - That is a possible - unless the “Supreme Court” situation is decided on an ‘unusual’ basis next week - we shall see :sunglasses:

sorry about my absence in the talk about “guest workers”

i thought of making a long post, but i fear it will anyways fall on deaf ears.

so here ill just post a few numbers

cost of rasing a child in the western world: 0-18 years = parents average $210.000 / government = 110.000
cost of rasing a child with higher education in the western world: 0-24 years = average $290.000 / government = 150.000
cost of rasing a child with high education (phd) in the western world = parents: $290.000 government = $320.000

if we count the polish guestworker population in the UK as 75% normal educated, 22% higher education and 3% high education then the united kingdon owes poland the amount of 389 billion USD

or if you want to look at it in different way: every polish worker needs to send aroun 700 USD home to poland every month to make up for that economic loss, taken into acount he works 35 years in the UK.

i highly doubt anybody does manage to send 750 home a month with the jokes of a paycheck they can earn in the UK and especially after deducting the cost of living, and even less so reliably every month for 35 years.

in fact 95% never send any money home from day one.

whoever think that any building in poland has been build by money sent from the UK, simpy lives in the 1990ies. as poland is the fastest growing economy in europe. the GDP has risen by 400% in the last 25 years. i hardly believe poland needs any money beeing send by workers abroad to build any houses.

and the statement of the polish prime minister saying “people come back, we need you to work here as we have almost no unemplyment and high wages” supports the idea that poland is not interest in any way in money beeing send from abroad by any polish guest workers.

And here:

1 Like

People not educated in higher economy do not understand what a huge benefit it is to recieve guest workers from developed economies. Its like using steroids for your own economy. The effects are hugely positive in several factors. and the negative effects for the country out of which they emmigrate is much worse than the positives that immigration/emmigration creates for the beneficiary country (the one they immigrate to).

Taking in workers from undeveloped countries is less beneficiary as they need years of schooling before they can contribute and usually they can contribute a smaller amount of time as they need extensive and expensive schooling in ordee to be able to contribute.

But poland is a developed country and anybody out of poland has enough education to start a job in his/her field on the very first day after arrival.

Here this research of a oxford professor might shock you:

https://www.ft.com/content/f1ca7b14-b1d6-11e8-87e0-d84e0d934341

It is conducted on immigrants from developed economies (europe, america, japan) immigrating
to US and UK.

2 Likes

The market views the court case as a side show - the outcome should not affect the greater picture (except that the PM does something silly).

Likewise the market is ignoring numbers on Eur/Gbp - the turning point was mid August - daily a H&S had begun to form - the breakdown came with the Merkel and Macron meeting with the PM and the positive comments from all parties. (see down candle Aug 22).

Overnight the Asians bought some more again on the positive notes - maybe a little rest today but off to work again Monday.

Btw Irish Foreign min still on about gaps which is actually positive, means he’s following the official line - keep it quiet.

1 Like

Well it looks as though “the market” seems to be considering SOMETHING !

IF as you say the weakness of the EU Figures compared to the relative strength of the UK Economy, in spite of the huge efforts made in “Project fear” over the last months is being ‘ignored’ - they’ve certainly got SOMETHING on their minds

[Perhaps - just Perhaps the Traders are beginning to see through all the Propaganda Hype and realising that that is just what it is ! - As Uk Voters did in 2016 and still do ! ]

UK reject EU deadline. Theres just one issue with UKs rejection: The UK has no voice in this and in EU internal affairds or deadlines. Luxembourg with its roughly 600k citizen has more to say than the UK.

It takes only 1 EU country to say “no extensions anymore” and the UK is out, with or without a “deal”. France already barely allowed the first 2 extensions, a third is unlikely to be approved by Macron.

So BoJos refusal isnt worth a dime. But just a thing he always does: “seek publicity, hold big talks and gets nothing done”

Your analysis is clouded by that very thing - hype lives in the short term - mostly being reacted to by day traders - it’s there to be used.

Look again at your EG weekly it’s rangebound reacting to the ups and downs of Brexit news.

Go a little the left, i.e. before the Brexit vote where the numbers are at play.

Anyways - short term traders maybe caught out today as the ‘hype’ has swung the other way, i.e. the talk of the gaps between the sides.

Like I said early this morning

That is pretty much the definition of “Forex trading” - (For obvious reasons) - In fact it’s one of the main reasons I came over here in the first place ! :sunglasses:

The trick is in deciding WHICH range it is “Bound” in ! :wink:

That chart seems to have lost 600 pips in the last couple of months and only has another 300 to go to the bottom of the “Range” - unless of course it breaks out into the next range up size wise !

Money leaving the country = Import
Money flowing into the country = Export

As I went on to expand, in the rest of my post.

You’re not discussing this with ME @peterma - it is simple economic FACT ! as per all the textbooks !

I posted on BP a few years back, someone was talking about books.

One evening I was reading one of these books - whatever it was I had read it caused a sudden realization.

I dumped almost my entire collection (into recycle of course :slight_smile: ).

Only Murphy, Wyckoff and Livermore survived - the rest in my mind are like that court case or indeed that guy that is always trying to kill Bart Simpson.

I’ll likely get ticked off for multiple posting by discourse but just thought I’d mention the importance of levels combined with FA and TA.

Over the years I’ve gotten to learn where the banks place their holding lines - just like the backs do in soccer.

Most my lines are yellow, but the odd time they become like the Brexit negotiations - they become red.

I posted this back in June 2018:

This is that same red line today.

Edit: the up arrow was some discussion or other earlier this year.

I have to say I was cognisant that such a response to my post might be forthcoming - but I NEVER expected it from YOU ! :roll_eyes:

Lol - Simpsons now on C4+1 - it’s the weekend …whoohoo

1 Like

The weekend analysis has caused some evaporation of positivism on a deal - the EU players have been taking stock - there is a sense that the UK side are back to cherry picking and using the threat of no deal to force the removal of the backstop.

Edit: Business has foreseen this type of scenario, thus the world’s two largest roll on/roll off ferries have been commissioned from Ireland to Europe direct

UK Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay gave a speech on Thurs in Spain - his words have been interpreted as ‘divisive’ by EU personnel there were various comments on the threat to Spanish tourism and fruit/veg exports.

Perhaps most offence was caused when there appeared to be a threat to Ireland when he chose to comment -
“For example if I take Ireland, two thirds of Irish medicines come through Great Britain, 40% of its exports go through Dover. Its supermarkets are supplied from distribution centres in the Midlands.”

Against this backdrop the UK have suggested a limited backstop - let it apply to animals and agrifood only (a kind of half border down the Irish sea).

The EU see this as cherry picking the backstop so it looks like a non runner - bottom line is that GBP buying that I expected Monday morning may not happen.

Edit: Business has foreseen such a scenario thus the world’s largest roll on/roll off ferries have been commissioned to operate Ireland - Europe.

Funny how everybody knew what was comming with BoJo beeing PM, well, except for the Britons.

July 2019

https://www.ft.com/content/bd93f562-adfe-11e9-8030-530adfa879c2

I don’t think anyone saw Boris Johnson as committed to Brexit, any particular ideology, or even the concept of truth - nothing in fact, except Boris Johnson.

I think the conservative arty member s who put him in power concluded he was the only candidate likely to be strong enough / ambitious enough / fool enough to push Brexit through quickly and stop this slow death of a nation.

He’ll receive his judgement from the people at the next election. If he survives that long…

1 Like

when working together… oh boy what can be achieved.

more supersonic flight time that the entire NATO fleet of fighter jets collected in 50 years.

A technology still not copied after 50 years after its invention

a cooperation between france and the UK

it is now exactly 50 years after its very first flight. working together creates, everything… working against each other creates nothing.

unfortunately not flying anymore since 15 years. but for sure not forgotten.

listen to the sonic boom in 17.000 (yes, 17 KM = 7KM more than any other civil passenger Jet) meters altitude

Cool looking plane.

Early 70’s heard that Boom - we thought it was a bomb, then the radio made an announcement - it was Concorde on a test flight heading over the Atlantic.

It was a symbol of cooperation, of achievement. Yesterday on roads close to me there was a symbol of failure - a fleet of new Customs Squad vehicles being delivered.

CustomsOct2019

1 Like

That much about “no hard border” i guess.

Its silly that everybody over the channel knows and sees that the “talks” coming out of london do not really match the “actions”, but the acting still goes on, PMs pretending to be willing to achive some sort of “deal”.