What about the Unity?

Wil BoJo make it to a “legendary” PM, in his legend beeing the shortest time a person ever was PM?

Today is a showdown between BoJo and the parliament, with BoJo already raging to have a new general election if he loses.

Maybe it’s possible to see a reflection in the instant dismissal of a No.10 worker and the sacking of 21 Conservative MP’s from the Tory party because they did not do what the PM told them to do,

Those 21 were democratically elected by conservative voters after being elected to stand by their respective Conservative Association.

Do not do what I have done - rather do what I say.

Resignation if faced with lack of support from his own party was something I suggested as a possible tactic back in the summer. To me its straightforward - if you’re voted in by your MP’s to do a job they should back you up: if they don’t back you up, you’re entitled to tell them to stuff themselves and find another mug to do the job for them.

Not just entitled. Boris has a long political career ahead. This might not be his only chance for power. Better not to be in office if the Conservative party tears itself apart.

He did exactly the same thing several time when he was a MP and someone else PM.

Thats what @peterma is refering to when he said “dont do what i did, do what i say”.

Why do people forget so quickly?

Doing something to someone else and then crying when someone else does it to you = where i come from we call that a pu$$y.

And such pu***es dont have political careers anywhere in the world, except in the UK maybe.

Aye, Boris has made one huge mistake - he is letting his own mp’s see that he is doing the bidding of Cummings - as one member said in the house yesterday “he’s not even a member of the Conservative party.”

The red flag was that sacking of the media advisor - that was a shock to many mp’s, then the threat of de-selection, a tactic usually associated with the hard left in recent years.

Rees Mogg did little to help - some mp’s accused him of arrogance, his body language as leader of the house will not do much good either:

JRM

The thread title is now apt for the Tory party - T. May’s major concern was to hold party unity - no threats of sackings, Boris cares less on that score, or is it Dominic Cummings?

I confess, hard-worn cynic that I am, that I don’t draw much from a politician saying the opposite of what he said or did on another occasion. Its all part of the game.

Anyway, the point of being Conservative PM is not to get Brexit done. Nor any other single-issue policy. It is to stay PM and keep the Opposition in opposition. All the while avoiding blame for whatever goes wrong.

The de-selection threat was a step too far. Driven by arrogance in a strong position or fear in a weak one? I’m unsure.

I don’t really believe Boris has come into the government to deliver Brexit as such. He is more likely playing a longer game and Brexit is just a bend in the road. And it could be that his best route to where he wants to be means going through both Brexit and an election. Right now, everything he is doing is bringing both closer.

You are giving him too much credit. Im pretty sure both wasnt his plan and he has no control over any of that. He is more like a flag in the wind, he doesnt control the wind, he just changes direction accordingly.

Dont forget that in truth he is pretty inexperienced in politics and diplomatics. His “rough stand” on EU and parliament in which people interprete the straits of a “strong personality” are in truth due to his inexperience as a PM and not some sort of uber strategy.

I tend to agree with you here - All that is important to Boris is the preservation of the Conservative Party and his historical position as “Saviour of the Party”. That is why he is so all fired up to tweak Barnier’s surrender treaty and bring it back as though it were a “Deal” - since it represents BRINO - the thinking will be that it can be “sold” to both sides.

He is ignoring the voters and Nigel Farage - at his Peril ! However I think that to bring the Remoaners back on board - he HAS to !

Theresa May has been defeated on 3 important parliament votes in 2,5 years. BoJo managed 4 major defeats in a couple of days.

How many more will he manage before he is gone?

Indeed im asking myself if the Tory leadership put up BoJo in the hope he will make such a bad job that the party has a justification to revoke article 50 and call brexit off?

Who knows who knows. Nobody knows. But what everybody knows is that its a sh!tshow and makes little to zero sense.

Thou theres a positive site to brittish politics. Its predictable to make money. Always bet against what the PM wants and you make money in 9 out of 10 times.

1 Like

A person with elephant hide does not know shame. They will be around till end of days.

Evidence please…

Parliament wants to ban a no-deal brexit. PM does not want that.

A brexit with deal = good for markets.

Bet against the brittish PM:

Trades

But i closed too early. I missed 200 more points. Closed at around 7 mornings CET timezone.

Good idea! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Seems BoJo will hold his promise of leaving 31st october. Thou it will not be him who “delivers” but the Frenchs.

Kindergarden politics

Is this in any form a democracy? A unelected PM acting against a elected parliament and law itself while he “suspends” parliament (i know the UK uses another word to make it sounds more “lawful” and acceptable to the public, but it in fact is a closing down of a elected parliament, something only USSR, cuba, china etc and such states do/did)

The new plan of BoJo seems to be to shed UK territory (NI) to the EU in order to get a brexit the way he wants.

Is this democracy? Making deals on territory to get a cake and eat it?

I wonder what the NI population thinks of this? Do they like to stay in the EU and seperated from the UK? or do they feel like a cow thats been traded if it serves the wishes of an unelected english Prime Minister?

And another promise the UK has made and will not stick to it.

When the second extention to article 50 has been asked by the UK, the UK promised that it wil not try anything to block the EU functioning, inner dealings or politics. As the UK had to take part in the EU elections held while the extion of article 50 took place.

Now the UK prime ministed plays alzheimer and plans to not to stick to the promises another PM made.

It is clear that UK politics (as in the last hundred years) can not be trusted at all. Promises are not beeing held, have not been held and will not be held in future as it seems.

Why extend article 50, again? I dont think the EU has many reasons that would justify another extension of article 50. So we very likely will see a brexit at 31st of october.

• not for the purpose of beeing mean towards the UK, but rather for the purpose of cutting out rotten meat in order for the rest of the body to survive.

No UK PM’s are elected. The fact that Boris Johnson was not elected in a General Election is not a relevant argument. PM’s are appointed after they have been recommended by the winning party to the Monarch to lead the government. It is not possible in the UK to vote for a specific person as a PM.

In fact, after a General Election, the winning party could form a prospective government and then appoint a different leader to go the Palace as prospective PM to the one the election leaflets suggested. I don’t remember this ever being done and it would be damaging to the party that used this tactic. But that is their choice, not the electorate’s, and its not illegal.