What annoys you most in Forex

I haven’t seen that happen often but looks like the kind of situation a trailing stop could help you scoop up some consolidation pips :smiley:

That is not true and I really don’t understand where this misnomer comes from. The retail trading market is so small that it wouldn’t matter if every single retail trader was trading the same instrument at the same time i.e. they would not move price.

it annoys me when it seems like SL is going to hit, so i cut my position early to cut the loss, but it takes a u turn. i know, its mostly my psychology i need to work on but still, that’s the only thing that annoys me the most.

1 Like

Lol…funny!

Setting TP at 200 pips and see the market move 800pips​:sob::sob::sob:

This.

1 Like

How do you set your stop loss? Maybe you set them a bit tight? Or rather, what makes you cut your losses? Change in market structure in the higher timeframe? I have been here many times. Recently during the USDCAD drop this week. I didn’t have a reason to exit the market, I was just afraid of losing much.

Aiming towards to goal is good…! But at the same time… You have to be safe…! Move your SL manually at least No loss or no gain…! We can learn from that…!

Trade not hitting my limit orders by 1-2 pips and then goes on in the direction I predicted by at least 50-70 pips… And then I start scrambling on looking for another entry opportunity(of which most times I should just walk away, I end up trading anyways and sometimes gain very little profit or loose my precious money)… This can be annoying.

2 Likes

what annoys the most is that in my demo accounts i do so great then i put money into my real account then boom i start losing .

3 Likes

Been there, done that, really annoyed me in the beginning. what annoys me the most now, is the 24 hour open market, i want to trade all the time and am in a constant dilemma when to trade, whether chose forex or cryptos. ugh!

1 Like

Other dynamic traders that attempt to move price against a long term trade I have planned.

i always set my stop loss according to my tested strategy and i mostly use 5min time frame. and i hear you, same happens with me i just get afraid that i might be wrong. i think for me i just need to trust myself.
you are trading on your own framed strategies?

These are the 5 things that bother me about the forex industry

• The Sales Pitch and the Sales Spam
• Promotions and news events
• Explaining the terms and conditions when money is deducted from your account
• Fiddling with the spreads
• Delayed processing of withdrawals

2 Likes

Maybe it’s only for me, but i hope not. The most annoying thing for me it is a spam and add messages on my email. Yeah I’m giving to you my email, but that doesn’t mean that I want to receive tons of spam. Also, maybe it’s only my problem, but I have a lot of questions to the stability of site, because there were such situations when the site just reloaded by it’s own will.

1 Like

Dude, you wrote my thoughts. Now I don’t know what to write. I hope someday PR service of Forex will read this messeges and reduce the number of ad.letters.

Hahaha sounds familiar :grin:

Like many traders many things annoys me in trading as When I open any position market suddenly turns against me.
It happens many times when I set my TP and SL market comes slow it not go towards profit taking rarely hit take profit pips. Sometimes I have to wait for hours to get some pips.
I have to avoid loss and close trades many times in loss thinking of it may more loss if I remain open positions.

Just take the profits before that happens! Why to wait until it reaches the stop if you already had some profits?

2 Likes

one thing that I do is if I open let’s say 2 positions on a pair, I’ll normally close out one early before it reaches my TP, and let the other one run…I adjust my SL to break even on that one or some pips past the open price,that way you’re safe