What annoys you most in Forex

When your technicals line up perfectly but then something fundamental completely screws up your trade! #NotCool

2 Likes

This happens all the time, we just have to deal with it as when it happens. Its part what is required in the market.

1 Like

What about being right about your analysis and not acting on it, watching the potential profits fly away.

5 Likes

i so agree on that. and that regret feeling afterwards is the worst.

2 Likes

yes i agree !!! I absolutely despise when people try to get people on the trading hype and promise unrealistic returns and not really focus on the fact that an aspiring trader need to be very clued up and have a base knowledge on the markets and economical news in general.

1 Like

Oooo The amount of times I had to bite on that stoneā€¦ is insurmountable.

Have been trading since 2006 when my biggest gain ā€œon paperā€ was at the 2006 second lebanon war in which I had a short position on the TA25 that got so close to my target but then everything reversed so quickly I didnā€™t manage to close the trade before it ate away all my profit and part of my capital. Though not in FX but its still CFD and the same principals.

The thing that really grinds my gears, and still happens from time to time, is me jumping back 10 years and get a FOMO trade out. I meanā€¦ I have pressed that ā€œentryā€ button so many times and still there are situations, mostly big fundamentals events, that I just jump the gun and not following my solid trading planā€¦ and of course the move reverses and stops me out of the trade just to make me open the spreadsheet and type another FOMO trade in it.

What annoys me is that people are making FOREX haarder than it needs to be.

Right now, most FOREX currencies are RANGINGā€¦ Meaning, you can easily make money back and forth with good risk to reward. You heard that right, when markets are ranging, risk and rewards are easy to calculate. This means anybody with adequate capital can easily make $100 to $200 a day.

Wow, do we have to wait for trends? Certainly not!

And if the markets are trending, there is no worry. We make money from it too. And so, learn to grow from your annoyances.

3 Likes

When my account gets wiped out, and when the price often seems to deliberately go in the opposite direction of my trade immediately after I place the trade. These scenarios have caused numerous broken laptops.

It annoys me when I donā€™t guess the market. I want to trade very accurately, large lots. But the market often lies to me.

Nope thereā€™s 3, remember sideways or lateral or consolidatingā€¦ If it was only 2 you could flip a coin and have a 50% chance of it moving in the right direction, we know it will go up and down a couple times a day., What we donā€™t know is the entry and exit or tp and sl points thatā€™s why indicators are importantā€¦

I feel really embarrassed when my analysis go wrong due to the unpredictability of the market. These are the unforced errors which can make anyone feel annoyed. Forex is a place which tests your emotions in a devastated manner. So, be aware of these facts!

thatā€™s true, thatā€™s why it helps to use proper risk management. Donā€™t risk what you canā€™t afford to lose. That always helps control your emotions better.

1 Like

When flash crashes happen. With algo trading, it adds a whole new level of uncertainty to forex trading.

In no particular order, scalpers, day traders and little gains.

Iā€™m sorry I annoy you friend. Thatā€™s me right there, scalper, intraday trader and small profit taker 3/3 :smiley:

Itā€™s quite alright, nothing personal.

Yes itā€™s all good. You been killing it though this week! :smiley:

100% agree. I had the same situations and this is terrible. It makes you believe that you are a good trader, because you were right about direction, but you have a loseā€¦ this dual situation is so stressful.

People that sign up here with the express intention of peddling their services e.g. PAMM accounts. You know: they create one or two or three quick posts in succession and then their obfuscated sales pitch suddenly appears as if by magic. Especially those that are not licensed to be providing such services and are not subject to regulation.

On what time frame you do that mostly ā€¦I also wanted to do that if e.g if Iā€™m in $2.17 profit then 00.17 is for the brokers commission then I take $2 profit ā€¦I just donā€™t know what to do