What annoys you most in Forex

All the scams associated with Forex market

When I use a strategy believing, with all my heart and mind, that it will be very good but then it fails and my entire trade comes crashing down. Trust me there is no feeling worse than that in forex trading. Also when every technical on the chart will have me expecting for amazing profits but then out of the blue some unexpected market fundamental will burst up and there goes my profit!

Oh forex scams can be very infuriating! They make you so skeptical and apprehensive about trusting people. I hope you have never been scammed.

<rant>
Traders that are looking for traits in a broker that are more suitable for a friend or a spouse (Honest, dedicated, reliable).
Iā€™m usually not affected by such statements but there are rare occasions where it gets to me.

The sooner people(traders) understand that a broker is not your friend, the better. Itā€™s a business and a broker is in persuite of profits, just like you are. Itā€™s a business transaction/agreement/contract, not a support group. Youā€™re not here (in Forex trading, not in the BP community) to make friends, nor is the broker. You are paying him to delive a service, not to be your buddy.
</rant>

2 Likes

It is very much true in many instances. From my point of view, sudden changes in the market is not in our hands. So, a trader can sometimes face loss due to not so perfect entry or exit while using SL or TP. So, try to analyze market first actually.

You should look for a proprietary trading firm then. They often offer funding for you so you donā€™t need to open the account with your own money.

My pet peeves are the scammers and but also people who think they can become world-class traders for free. Also, why do so many people believe they can become great traders without any trading? Just because clicking the buttons is simple, trading isnā€™t comprehensible for everyone.

Iā€™m more annoyed by the mistakes I make during trading and not forex itself. But generally Iā€™ve lately been trying to get rid of emotions on forex, as they are harmful for making right decisions.

1 Like

That moment when everything was fine for weeks and suddenly all your profits are gone within a day :slight_smile:

Aww. :frowning: That sounds awful! :confounded: Itā€™s like youā€™re being built up only to be let down. Huhu. :frowning:

If you want to be succesful a trading? Whether it be swing trading or day trading etc, you must develope the habit of waiting. Patience is one of the single most consistent attitude amongst succesful traders. ā€” Donā€™t chase the markets, let the markets come to you!!!

2 Likes

Write down the reason behind each trade. If you donā€™t have substancial facts\confluence\confirmation, disregard the trade as it is obviously emotionally based and has no true ground.

If youā€™re going to wait for the markets to ā€œcome to youā€ - why not place a bet on the fact that they will ? :slight_smile:

A confirmation is very important entry criteria, when waiting for the market to get to your desired level you do not have that. However when market reaches your level and respect it, you have a valid confirmation, thus tilting the odds of success within your favour.

1 Like

Intersting response - but please answer the question !

We trade probabilities, not ideas. The idea may very well be wrong. It is the confirmation signal that serve as a filter to avoid bad trades.

ā€” We donā€™t place trades based on ideas unless that idea is respected by the market! (A confirmation is what turns an idea into a potential trade).

Ideas are often times wrong, thatā€™s why the mojarity of traders fail! They trade the idea and not the setups! ā€” Donā€™t make this mistake!

1 Like

Interesting - but

WHO IS WE ?

and please answer the question !

The minority of traders. The five percent (5%), myself included, who beat the markets week after week.

We shall wait and see - But currently - you are simply a ā€œnewbieā€ with a big ego !

And why you have posted this ego centric (ā€œLivermoreā€) on this thread, where it is inappropriate - is a dubious recomend !

[Please answer the question ! ]

Oh completely agreeā€¦itā€™s soo annoying, especially if some pretty big news which I forgot to look at, strikes and then bam! all the hard works goes to hell!

I hate that when I open a position. It goes against my trade and hit my stop loss. :tired_face:

1 Like