What annoys you most in Forex

I hate when I forget to set a stop loss!

2 Likes

Funny joke, but it’s a fact!

Yes completely agree with you when news and prices are not correlated this is the most annoying thing and then try to figure out why this is happening.

Incompetent Forex trader losing other people’s money. Giving Forex trader a bad NAME. Lose your own money! Sink or Swim alone!

1 Like

Mentors on Whatsapp and Telegram groups who copy and paste results and signals and make people pay for them and selling indicators ANNOY ME!

yea, they’re not helpful at all. This one telegram group I was in was nothing but people just posting results, but offering no insights. And acted like they didn’t want to reveal any of their strategy. He used to just tell people basic stuff that any beginner would easily figure out themselves by just reading. I’m just going to assume it’s their way to get people to want to pay them for their strategies, by showing people how profitable they are

Happened with me too. It’s frustrating. I am trying to be more careful now.

Interference from governing bodies that tell me how I should trade my money.

I need to spend so much time to analyze the market to be able to make a good deal.

scams, regulators and forgetting to set SL & failing to reach TPs

haha, same here and oh, that hurts a lot. Buy teddy bear and kick without guilty. :grin:

i feel the most the annoying thing in forex is SLIPPAGE. It just comes as a byproduct in trading forex.

When the brokers platform freezes, i don’t know if it’s just my broker, or if its a universal thing

You can be sure it’s one of 4 things:

1. Your internet connection
  2. Your broker’s platform/server
  3. The bridge provider
  4. The broker’s LP might be having issues on their side.

P.S Point 3 and 4 do not apply for demo accounts and Dealing Desk brokers

It’s definitely not my internet connection, everything else will work fine but the platform. It will go down for say… anything between 5-20 mins; and its always at times when the market is being erratic

Seems like the broker you’re using has issues with their servers being unable to handle the load. Or their bridge (or Liquidity Provider) is having the server issues.

Last but not least - is it possible that you’re trading with a MM and you’be been profitable lately?
Like I said in a previous thread - some of the brokerage executives that I’ve worked with have told me that when a trader starts winning too much with their company (MM/DD) they would start throttling his orders and execution times deliberately.

Whichever the case may be - It’s probably best to start looking for a new broker.
Pick 2-3 others that claim to be STP (Agency-only model) brokers and start testing on demo with them.
Compare the charts durring volatile times and news. It’s important to note - you must open your demos with brokers that provide the same conditions on demo as they would on live, otherwise it’s not going to work and you will see different charts.

Good luck!

2 Likes

What really bothers me is false advertising. Nowadays the forex world is littered with “get rich quick” claims and “psychology” trading courses. It really gives a new trade a false sense of what being a successful trader is all about.
1, Understanding Macro Changes
2. Consistency
3. Focus on Right business decisions, not profits

Think about this: that new “easy pattern” that guarantees profits. DO THE BIG INSTITUTIONS KNOW THIS PATTERN? ARE THEY MUCH MORE WELL FUNDED? Technical patterns alone without Macro analysis is a recipe for disaster. Ask any large hedge fund/banking institution- they do not use technicals alone

Hope this helps those out there, especially those of you just starting

3 Likes

scams and bogus claims really get on my nerves

Sometimes I am felt annoying after put stop loss then hit by price, but not too long ahead the price move toward reached target profit, but however this already occurred, although we felt disappointed but can`t do anything, and we must accept all these risks as part in trading, loss and profit is part in trading, we must accept all profit and loss that obtained

1 Like

When I’m too late for stops and limits