What annoys you most in Forex

What annoys me most in Forex is my lack of instincts or rather
lack of trust in myself. Truth be said, I am a doubter and that’s bad for
business. I ignore trades that end up making money and out of frustration end
of entering bad trades almost immediately in a bid to get a piece of the cake.

As a result of my hesitation, I lose opportunities at
earning and end up trying to limit my losses… so sad

What grinds my gears the most is the arbitrary movement of the market when my orders are placed.

Yes, I am a newbie and I am not always making losses but I cannot help but notice the high rate at which the market moves against my order when I’m on the wrong side of a trade versus the slow rate it moves when I am on the right side of a trade. This is very common after news releases. As with everything in this business there is always a reason for why it happened.

It really grinds my gears

1 Like

yeah… unfortunately, it has to happen from time to time

Sometimes the heated debates in Forex Magnates’ newsroom are no less interesting and compelling than the news we actually publish. For the end of the year we have decided to vent some of the things that we were frustrated by throughout the year, which are either holding back the forex industry or outright hurting it. Every editor brings his own angle and field of expertise, and the mixture gives a quite comprehensive snapshot of things Forex Magnates hopes to see less of in 2015.
It depends on also what kind of forex trading for beginners you choose.

That’s what’s makes you a trader good one at that

They are not trading all of them. No true trader sells strategy

I haven’t seen that happen often but looks like the kind of situation a trailing stop could help you scoop up some consolidation pips :smiley:

That is not true and I really don’t understand where this misnomer comes from. The retail trading market is so small that it wouldn’t matter if every single retail trader was trading the same instrument at the same time i.e. they would not move price.

it annoys me when it seems like SL is going to hit, so i cut my position early to cut the loss, but it takes a u turn. i know, its mostly my psychology i need to work on but still, that’s the only thing that annoys me the most.

1 Like

Lol…funny!

Setting TP at 200 pips and see the market move 800pips​:sob::sob::sob:

This.

1 Like

How do you set your stop loss? Maybe you set them a bit tight? Or rather, what makes you cut your losses? Change in market structure in the higher timeframe? I have been here many times. Recently during the USDCAD drop this week. I didn’t have a reason to exit the market, I was just afraid of losing much.

Aiming towards to goal is good…! But at the same time… You have to be safe…! Move your SL manually at least No loss or no gain…! We can learn from that…!

Trade not hitting my limit orders by 1-2 pips and then goes on in the direction I predicted by at least 50-70 pips… And then I start scrambling on looking for another entry opportunity(of which most times I should just walk away, I end up trading anyways and sometimes gain very little profit or loose my precious money)… This can be annoying.

2 Likes

what annoys the most is that in my demo accounts i do so great then i put money into my real account then boom i start losing .

3 Likes

Been there, done that, really annoyed me in the beginning. what annoys me the most now, is the 24 hour open market, i want to trade all the time and am in a constant dilemma when to trade, whether chose forex or cryptos. ugh!

1 Like

Other dynamic traders that attempt to move price against a long term trade I have planned.

i always set my stop loss according to my tested strategy and i mostly use 5min time frame. and i hear you, same happens with me i just get afraid that i might be wrong. i think for me i just need to trust myself.
you are trading on your own framed strategies?

These are the 5 things that bother me about the forex industry

• The Sales Pitch and the Sales Spam
• Promotions and news events
• Explaining the terms and conditions when money is deducted from your account
• Fiddling with the spreads
• Delayed processing of withdrawals

2 Likes