What annoys you most in Forex

Losing money lol

Trading is all about risk management, for you to be consistent in making profits, you have to be willing to lose some trades. If u donā€™t manage your risk then you are gambling and the end result wonā€™t be good

The waiting time drove me crazy, but ritva didnā€™t!

I tell you

I used to do that before I learned the benefits of having a trading plan. Now I keep to a mantra - be rigid in your rules but flexible in your expectations.

Thatā€™s well said. Having a trading plan is really important in forex.

We all have patience and plan to trade, this will difinitely help us to make profit.

Patience is quite difficult to maintain though.

Thatā€™s right. Many fail there. However, I think practice and experience can take one through.

Thatā€™s right. Practice is the key.

Those bloody stop hunts.

manipulation of the big boys

Set you stops beyond logical areas and you wonā€™t be hunted. Good risk management wouldnā€™t make you complain about market makers or become disappointed.

1 Like

What annoys most is when your best strategy do not work out when you are so sure of winning.

When you are sure of winning, then the strategy is working. You have to ask yourself if you are trading with the right psychology. 90 percent of the trading battle is won not with strategy, but with the right psychology. So instead of putting the blame on strategy, take the responsibility and put the blame on yourself. That way, you can resolve the problem why you are having losses.

2 Likes

My last few trading days have been a bit rough. Iā€™ve been losing.
And then as I lose I correct my trading strategy.

Finally, today my bad trades came around and I got myself some pips.

I was happy because I exercised some discipline and exited according to my strategy.

Then, it all went sideways. I came across a little flag/triangle set up. Without thinking, I just jumped in and ended up losing.

I could feel the emotions flooding my brain, and I couldnā€™t think clearly.

I stepped back, and went to my trading strategy. That pair was on my no-no list at the moment.

I ignored my own strategy and paid dearly for it.

Iā€™m learning that a big problem I have is following my strategy. That cave man hunter mentality is my downfall in forex, because I often bypass my trading system and impulsively open a position.

Itā€™s a learning process.

2 Likes

I would like to add that Pipsology really helps me. The lessons stick with me. And many of the principles echo in my mind. ā€œDonā€™t bet the farm on any tradeā€, ā€œno revenge tradingā€, etc.

I think my style has turned more into a quick-draw gun slinger. Like in the old western

I see something and just open a position. I hope Iā€™m not the only one who has experienced that.

But, Iā€™m gonna try to do less impulsive trading and follow my strategy better.

1 Like

LOL people who have enough time to sit and read through 657 posts in a single thread. Between my full-time job, my part-time job, and trying to learn this fascinating but crazy racket, I scrolled through about 10 of them and said oh, forget thisā€¦ :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

You got this!!!

Learn at your own pace.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

1 Like