What annoys you most in Forex

waiting is a mental pressure especially when waiting brings no benefit.

1 Like

Man, tell me about it. Thatā€™s the ultimate test of patience and nerves in forex. Itā€™s like the market has a mind of its own, teasing you just before snatching victory away. Those moments really make you question everything, right? Itā€™s all about staying cool and not letting those setbacks throw you off your game. But yeah, itā€™s super frustrating. Hang in there, dude.

2 Likes

Brilliant idea Bro!
Kindly share how you calculate the daily range of a pair.
Anticipating your response. Many thanks.

2 Likes

When gaps happen on your stop-lossā€¦

3 Likes

When this happens to our stop loss, it is a deep sadness. Itā€™s just that we have to stay calm and continue trading well. Because gaps are moments that cannot be predicted in advance. And it is hoped that in the future we can get more profits, especially if we profit from gaps.

3 Likes

when USD is going up and CAD and/or NZD is going up too

3 Likes

Despite our best efforts, losses happen. Weā€™re all learningā€”limiting losses while aiming for gains is the name of the game.

3 Likes

Any news or events that destroys my whole analysis in 5 seconds.

1 Like

Risk management! I mean when ever I have a small pool and I have to enter a trade with a small portion; that is really annoying, you sometimes feel like, does it really worth my time!

1 Like

If you use a broker ā€œregulatedā€ on some obscure island, that happens very often, but if you use one regulated by ASIC or CFTC or the British FCA or any proper EU regulator, it almost never happens at all. Funny thing!! :confounded: :open_mouth: :laughing:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I donā€™t use a regulated broker for some personal reasons, so I wouldnā€™t know but the thing I mentioned rarely ever happens and the gap tends to happens during high impact news. For instance I think it was one or two months ago where Gold dropped like 131 pips in one minute. It does make sense for a gap to happen during such an event but it doesnā€™t help knowing anyway still sucks.

1 Like

Yeah exact same thing happened to me, so I started investing a bit, itā€™s not that bad but doing short timed trades along side it can be fun too.

1 Like

Yeah, Thatā€™s the same thing I do. Itā€™s fun.

2 Likes

The unpredictability of news events messing with my trades right when I think Iā€™ve got a good setup :expressionless:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure, but I guess thatā€™s when I set a pending order and doesnā€™t trigger.

1 Like

It sounds like youā€™re experiencing the frustration of news events impacting your trading plans. Iā€™m curious, how do you typically navigate these unpredictable moments? Do you have any strategies in place to adapt to sudden market shifts caused by breaking news? It can be challenging, but finding ways to manage these uncertainties could help minimize their impact on your trades.

1 Like

The spreads, waaaay too big for the trades compared to stock trading

1 Like

When your analysis is spot onā€¦ the news ā€¦ trendā€¦ everything is in your favourā€¦ yet the market moves against your position due to some external big players manipulation.
Completely Pi**es me off.
Broker specific annoyanceā€¦ slippage, withdrawal issues etc.

I keep hearing it takes 10 years to become a profitable trader. Which is just another way of saying it takes 10,000 hours to become good at anything. Which even the author of that rule said is just not true.

But it makes everyone feel better if they can believe in the 10 years myth.

Also, the belief that pip is an abbreviation for ā€œpercentage in pointā€. Percentage in point is a meaningless phrase, with no similar phrases in other fields, it does not express a percentage and anyway there are no ā€œpointsā€ in forex prices.

Because percentages are a uniform way of expressing and comparing changes in a total value, it also suggests the mistaken belief that 10 or 50 or 100 pips in one market is equivalent to 10 or 50 or 100 pips in any other market. Which is very misleading.