What are the new skills you plan on developing in 2022

On my introduction post I mentioned I made a decision to develop 3 new skills for 2022, One of them being Learn to Trade. but haven’t yet decided what other two is gonna be and it seems to fascinate some members, so I thought I’ll ask it here.

So Are you planning on developing any new skills for 2022? or may be polish your existing skills. Would love to know more about it.

EDIT - 2021-12-24

I decided what I’m gonna learn next. Something I always wanted to learn, but never started. Learn How to play Chess…

So my 2022 skill list is going to be,

1. Learn Trading

2- Learn Cybersecurity

3- Learn to play Chess

2 Likes

planning is really important here is no way to ignore. but any kind of planning can be useless if there is no regular level of practice.

1 Like

No, I’m not planning to develop any new skills, because I will be focusing on fine-tuning the ones I use to become bullet proof - mainly emotional control management.

But don’t let me deter others from seeking new pastures and paths to success. Best of luck.

3 Likes

1 Learn more about governance and how it should be applied to Metaverse
2 Further develop the Crypto plan into its component parts of long term hold, short term trade and income from DeFi / NFT sector
3 Do NOT succumb to an inside IR35 contract for consulting :rofl:

1 Like

:+1:

Ah. If it works, it’s a game changer, virtual reality is always fascinated, after watching Ready Player one I started to want to live in a place like Oasis. We’ll see what the future brings.

Was not familiar with it, had to google to see the meaning, “the UK tax legislation” Well, Good Luck with that! :upside_down_face:

It is already here. It’s called crypto, blockchain, DeFi, DAO, NFT, liquidity pairs. Understanding how it fits together (or not) is not an easy undertaking. But I’ve been at it pretty intensely since May 2020 and I think I am just beginning to understand how it will impact every bit of our society. I understood that it was going to back on June 2020 but I did not understand HOW it was going to. It will be disruptive, full of thieves, cheats and liars (no different than the world today), and risky. But for those who choose to embrace it, it could be life changing, for better or for worse. And I think it is far, far less risky than Forex trading, for the record.

2 Likes

I’ve been trading forex and feel that I’ve made a lot of improvement there, so I’ve decided to add more to my portfolio. I’m currently dabbling in cryptocurrencies but my goal is to learn a lot more about that and to successfully start trading it often. Also hoping to read more trading related books this year as I have a few on my Christmas list.

1 Like

Life changing it is. To think about those who bought Bitcoin when it began like for 0.50$ and to see it pass over $60K is just crazy. Potential is massive.

I recently read Bitcoin whitepaper. fascinated by it. downloaded whitepapers and some website posts for some other Altcoins too. Planning to read them and get some understanding about those.

Crypto seems like the way to go. More and more new ones coming and strengthening the existing ones.

For those who still call this a “bubble” seems more and more like wishful thinking because they missed, Still not late.

It’s never too late to trade, be it cryptos or anything else, one just needs to wait for a good dip.

1 Like

i would like to understand how “mask changing” works.

1 Like

A new year’s update. I started my 2022 on 30Dec2021. For that early start, I now have one of an intended five certificates before the end of January - certificates in Blockchain, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency expertise.

Now I also worked on 31Dec, 1Jan and 2Jan. In some sort of strange way, I seem to have been rewarded - our crypto portfolio is up 16% since end of 2021, and the fiat world hasn’t even got out of bed yet. I can’t think of any other “24x7” industry that really means 24x7. I blame my upbringing and having to work on oil rigs over Christmas and New Year. But the rewards are worth it. In particular this year, since anyone’s enjoyment this break must have been somewhat curtailed by Covid-19 and its other variants.

Just committed to the rest of the formal education at a cost that will probably return itself way before the end of January. Best of luck to all you hard workers out there. It took me a good few months last year to conclude that the job market is broken. So my belated response is to reinvent myself into the Metaverse. It’s not the first time I have decided on a completely different direction, and I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up.

I guess the attached is another NFT I just bought - that thought only just occurred to me. Cost me £11 plus a generous 8 hours to earn.

Certificate of completion Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals UC-ce623196-edc3-45d0-b5b9-6a399e426c8f.pdf (184.0 KB)

2 Likes

Just get a mid level manager job in any large company, and you can observe mask changing just about at every meeting you attend. :wink:

3 Likes

I just started learning how to ferment large batches of hot sauce. In 2022 I hope to develop this skill and create new recipes.

2 Likes

Nice one @enickma,

I dismantled my “mancave laboratory” last summer to make way for the Chia farming kit. I had a mad idea 4 years ago to create perfumes and bought 50 different oils. Whilst my wife loved the aromas I was creating it didn’t stop her paying £100 for a little bottle of stuff with the right name on it. Anyway, I still have most of the glassware in case I recede even further into my childhood where I can only thank God that I was unsuccessful at age 13 to create nitroglycerin. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Right on! I had to ramp down my drive acquisition to accommodate Christmas, but it’s game-on time now! Approaching 800 plots.

Another thing I’ve gotten into recently is Pu-erh tea. Had no idea this whole amazing category of fermented tea even existed, and now I’m hooked!

2 Likes

My problem is having too many goals for the year so for this year, I’ll only have one which is to learn more about yield farming and DeFi!

3 Likes

I had some serious issues with configuration when I got to 450 plots, and that coincided with my discovery of NFT gaming, liquidity pairs and DEXs. Needless to say that Chia farming went on the backburner, and I have to now decide what to do with the £3K investment - carry on with Chia at a reduced estimated yield that does not support the original business case, or continue to prioritize my new love of DeFi Kingdoms where my £3K worth of investment could likely earn me 1% per day. A nice problem to have since DFK has had (fingers crossed) a 1 month to payback compared with the Chia farm that had a 15 to 18 month payback planned.

Whilst I can afford not making a decision on the final outcome of the Chia investment for a few months, I am not used to ignoring suspended assets for too long (unless, of course, if they are precious metals :rofl:)

1 Like

I’d like to learn more about all that jazz, but my brain is getting full!!!

1 Like

I want to improve my video editing.

2 Likes

Honestly! It’s such a time suck trying to learn how to work it and watch videos, read articles etc. When I first tried staking, literally half of my Sunday was spent just doing that and I barely scratched the surface too lol.

1 Like