What are the new skills you plan on developing in 2022

Ooh can you share some of the books on that list? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh nice. What software/s are you currently using? :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of the best features of trading really. “It’s never too late.”

wow. I’ve seen it too. Really interesting. probably not for outsiders thought. A traditional and generational thing. But worth a try. Good Luck!

:joy:

That looks really YUMMY!! Nice. Good Luck keep with it, Love to know your progress too.

Looks like that’s the thing to get on this year. so much talk about Yield Farming and DeFi. Good Luck !

That’s a high demanding skill anywhere. Good Luck!

1 Like

Wow. That’s a nice achievement! Are all of them from Udemy?

I’m confused :thinking: would you elaborate if it’s okay?

It’s a bubble :joy:,

For real, What sources would you recommend for someone to stay up-to-date with it? , If any

Nice achievement! Congratz!

1 Like

Very new at the moment so just had a cheap software called Wondershare Filmora but hoping to get a new Macbook and then faced with either moving over to Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro. Either way it will be a learning curve as have to start from scratch again but should more offer creative versatility for my YouTube videos I hope!

1 Like

Yes

I’m confused :thinking: would you elaborate if it’s okay?

Yes, since joining the oil and gas industry after leaving university, the nature of the job was 24x7x365, so I often found myself working all around the clock. The worst job I did was 7.5 days during which I managed 3 showers, three sessions of sleeping on the floor of a data acquisition module stacked on drill pipe 200 miles offshore, and slept 21 hours without waking after that event. You never knew if it was 6am or 6pm when you went to the canteen because the night shift were eating their breakfast and the day shift were eating their dinner. So I got used to finding it difficult to sleep a normal pattern. For the past 20 years I have managed global projects. If the global data centre support was in Malaysia or Australia, I often started my work at 1am Saturday morning, hosting a follow-the-sun IT support group in UK, Malaysia, California. That’s my reason for not respecting a “normal” working day.

The crypto phenomenon, and now the Web 3.0 (the Metaverse) is an exact repeat of the Dot com boom of the late 1990s. I missed that one, I don’t intend to miss this one.

Graphic Designer by day, Promised my self to learn some new skills for 2022

Take a look at the global job scene in crypto currency games - in particular, those attached to a distributed exchange (DEX) and those using DeFi gaming as a method of attracting customers to lock in currency in Liquidity Pairs. There is a huge demand for graphic artists and “code developers” which hides a multitude of skills in the software or programming field. If you have any desire to be involved in gaming artistry or digital graphic design, I know of people earning upwards of $200K per year. Money in these organisations is like Niagara Falls - there is far too much of it sloshing around like a hurricane in a storm.

1 Like

I’ve tried both, and honestly I prefer Premier a lot more. But as with any software, whichever it is you get used to is what will work. :)))

Wow. Sounds exhausting, Hope the compensations were that much good to stick with it.

I actually started to looking into them recently and currently doing research about it and also talked to some of my lecturers about it too Still on the research mode, planning to take action very soon :slightly_smiling_face:

I hear PP has a much steeper learning curve but once you get there the tools at your disposal are greater and more in depth. Also a bit more expensive as I’d like to go full Adobe Suite and do some bits with photos as well as my wife and I like to travel and we’re always snapping. So improving camera skills and editing there too is something to improve for the year! Can always put the pics up for stock photos as well as a side hustle if any good!

Well that depends on your background. I was a working class lad from North of England. In my fourth and final year as an offshore field engineer, my salary and bonuses (no tax overseas) could have paid for a 4 bedroom detached house in Manchester. That was a lot of money for me at the time, and still is.

I’ve done this. This was my goal from 2017 I think. I also have the Creative Suite subscription. RE: side hustle, I only have like two photos that people kept buying and it’s made me a grand total of… $25 at the peak of it lol.

That was def more useful for editing family photos. I could have done a side hustle of taking pics of friends but it’s awkward charging for that. :sweat_smile:

I thought Final Cut Pro was pretty pricey also the file saving is weird. Overall I really prefer Premiere Pro. I never got into really mastering it, just basic stuff — all of it can be so so so time consuming. But def a good skill to have!

Haha massive yield then! I think it would be a speculative punt uploading them but meah why not try. We print off a lot of our pictures and I think it would be nice to edit them better and also for family. My wife is building a travel based IG page and looking to start a blog as well so could help with that. All helps to reduce the pressure on trading hopefully.

Welcome…
For me, I have been polishing my programming skills and am about to get my driving license . After that, I intend to go much, much further. I intend to study upto Phd for example, but for this year, I may additionally try to gain Android 3d game development skills by building an Android game.

Time to quit my job haha!

For sure. It can also be therapeutic if you’re just doing it for fun!

There are just so many ways to make money online that I don’t think there is any need to put so much pressure on forex as many do.

I couldn’t agree with you more :slight_smile: especially taking into account so many options of investing and running one’s own business.

Exactly, it’s my go to response now when people come here saying they are looking for extra income. I don’t want to discourage people from taking up trading at all, but there are far easier ways to make money.

3 Likes

I think a lot of people underestimate how much effort and time it takes to learn to trade profitably. It’s not just something you can take up on a whim and be successful.

I plan to learn to play some card game like bridge or poker. They say these ones are good as brain gymnastics.

2 Likes

Like NFTs? Haha kidding. But yes way too many ways now to make $$! From etsy to gumroad to fiverr to Twitter… lots of opportunities if you’re willing to spend time and effort.