What are the new skills you plan on developing in 2022

Honestly the list is endless. Things you can start with startup capital and others requiring none at all.

I’d like to branch out into Stocks and mid/longterm AI VR tech as this literally is the future especially if we experience lockdowns with pandemics again

Programming has a lot of potential in the future as well as present. I am going to invest some time to learn the basics and find out if it is suitable for me. If it works out I can automate many things that I am currently doing manually.

wouldn’t we all mate, but most people cant afford to trade 100 or 1000 shares in FB or Apple so they jump onto the forex wagon instead playing the game straight into the retail brokers hands.
if they learned the process a professional trader uses first and how they managed capital and risk it would be more of a fair game…

have you looked into options trading?

Great education videos if you’re interested. They have 4 or 5 free courses with 5 to 40 lessons each to get you started.

https://tastytrade.thinkific.com/collections

1 Like

I like cryptos, more or less. I am willing to trade the more popular ones. But NFTs? I confess I am a bit more sceptical about those.

Same. For some of the most popular/expnsive ones, I really think theyre a new form of money laundering.

1 Like

That had not occurred to me before though it should have, but it makes sense, unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks very much my friend appreciated always looking to branch out

Planning to learn Martial Arts.

I would like to develop all the skills needed to launch new business in 2022 :slight_smile:

Tastytrade is the same founder as Thinkorswim. Tom Sosnoff. Check him out:

Tom Sosnoff | tastytrade | tastytrade.

Which discipline?

That could be a lot or a little, depends on the business. Do you have one in mind already?

Indeed. Every business requires pretty specific skills related to it to succeed.

Have thought of Karate :grinning:

A friend and his daughter just signed up for kung-fu lessons. Go for it!

1 Like

Kyokushinkai one love :slight_smile:

Boxing is also good by the way :slight_smile:

Half way update (early mid-year update)

Hi again.

I thought it would be useful (for me) to assess achievements against plan at the mid year stage.

1 Though I have formally not moved forward very much with the formal training course I bought on the subject of blockchain, I started a new contract today whose content allows me to further develop my real world knowledge of practical governance. I will be doing many “what if” scenarios trying to do more (delivery of input demand growth) with less (budget constraints that will most likely not get better) with an agreed approach of business flow process analysis and business prioritisation. In addition, I have honed my “social media topic searches” to those matters concerning internal and external audit preparation of the typical crypto start up, and am following 3 specific Discord groups that are right now addressing exactly what that means at the granular level, starting with assumptions of what type of “operator licence” is likely to be applied by national governments". The three I am concentrating on are the USA, UK and Singapore.

2 An outline plan was developed in the first week of January, but I have not “formally” written up the detailed plan that will achieve this. However, I have documented the important high level business outcomes planned from a change of contribution to overall portfolio growth, and have been front-running this plan with three different chosen “trading plans” concerning specific NFTs. These are trading Heroes in DeFi Kingdoms (Jewel in-game token based on Harmony ONE network that has just launched cross-network onto a Avalanche sub-network token), trading small apartments in Tranquillity City (Harmony ONE token), and trading Wheelies on the Ethereum network. This last one has stalled, and I feel for the founders, so I am the proud owner of a total of 14 Wheelies that were rapidly accumulated during an aggressive trading cycle for the cost of an initial 4 Wheelies original MINT cost. Sadly, I have written these down as a total loss having spent about 80% of the assigned value to this “three zeroes” component of our portfolio allocation of 1% to Wheelies. The overall contribution of this new NFT trading plan, including NFT income, is up to 20% of growth or a nominal $5,000 of the overall 2022 contribution from “trading” as opposed to long term hold. 2022 total crypto plan is for a portfolio growth of $25,000.
Another part of this new skillset was to identify and invest in NFTs that were capable of generating income. The Wheelies were the exception and the strategy was to follow the success or failure of an already established “influencer” in the crypto world who partnered with a known artist to develop a series of animation episodes based on a past US based dysfunctional family “The Wheelies”. Following their Discord site. Whilst I have written off the asset value of the Wheelies to zero, (to be edited, saving to avoid data loss). Plan is on track to achieve planned trading profits.

3 I did not succumb to an “inside IR35” contract and was able to obtain a short term contract (2 months) outside IR35 now followed by a 6 month contract outside IR35. Despite our governments attempts to stifle all growth in new technologies by defining about 100,000 technology consultants in the same category as Deliveroo self employed delivery drivers and Amazon warehouse operators, by ensuring “equal rights for temporary and permanent workers”, I have managed to maintain the same tax status as the previous 20 years of independent consultant but at the cost of excluding myself from 90% of the available market. I have yet to understand the “big picture” outcome for the government. A colleague of mine - a highly experienced gynaecologist whose charges were £1,000 per day - a day being defined as “available for up to 24 hours per day for emergency operations” took a one week contract inside IR35 and was paid a net of £450 per day, because none of his business expenses were tax deductible under the new regime. He promptly refused to take on any further operations until the hospital found their way to revert to pre-IR35 determination. It took about a month but at least they didn’t kill any babies in the meantime (rant over)

Overall situation. Happy that I am progressing along the lines of the new skills planned in Dec21. Immediate situation. With hindsight, I should have taken the advice of the (paid for) Weiss ratings service I subscribe to. In mid Jan 2022, they advised to halve the portfolio and turn it into USD in preparation for buying the dip that they estimated would be up to 50%. Many others advised the same. Hindsight is wonderful :crazy_face:

But that is only the crypto story. Outside of crypto we are planning up to 25% increase of monthly letting fees on about half our properties - the rationale is that there is such a demand boom in the UK, and mortgage payments have gone up 3 times in 3 months, that there are hardly any properties to rent in almost all of the UK, and market rents are now 25%+ of our current rents. Diversity - good when you have a choice. Eggs in baskets. :rofl:

2 Likes