What are your pre trading routine or ritual

I think the mind has to be prepared before looking up the chart or clicking a buy/sell button for the… Most times I feel like jumping off my bed and sitting on my computer screens, most times it’s like “oh… I don’t feel like trading today” just to find out later I miss a really good setup/opportunity…
I guess there should be something to do before u begin the day, to get me prepared to trade… If there’s something you do, I would love to hear them out and apply also, probably a mental therapy, physical exercise, or whatever you do…

2 Likes

Coffee, with a little cream and honey

2 Likes

I make my own bed every morning. Which is a daily achievement that puts me in the right mindset for trading. Then I follow the same process each time I trade being in the zone.

If, for adverse external reasons, I stop and close. There’s always another day and another trade awaiting.

2 Likes

A guy named Eric Thomas said ¨your success is in your routine¨.

If you study Pipsology when you feel like it, you might take longer than planned because the excitement can only last but so long.

But if you make a routine to study Pipsology for 1 hour every day, you could make a safe prediction about when you’ll finish.

If you make a routine of drinking water every morning, stretching, or whatever, you’re creating a routine that gives you what YOU need every morning. Predictable work = predictable results.

If coffee wakes you up, then do it. If making up your bed gets your mind into an organized way of thinking, hey, do it. But everyone’s routine is going to be different.

2 Likes

Nice, and how does that work out for you…

Bed making, an important morning routine, I kinda complicate things and get involved with other chores, making tired before I start trading

Thanks
Hoping to find my own routine :grin:

1 Like

Great. I go over the economic calendar while drinking it. Then I decide which pairs to stay away from until after any high impact news comes out I also look at all the charts on time frames from 5M to 1D to decide if I will be looking at scalping or day trading. I’m getting in a few minutes on the weight machine and the Nordic Track after that.

3 Likes