What do you choose?

hello all!
i just asked this question another forum. I want to ask it here from the big community of babypips and know their comments on that. thanks for checking this in advance.
If there is a situation where you have to choose to trade on one thing what would it be?

1 Like

I can’t name any pair but in between FX market and Cryptos, I prefer FX. Because the cryptocurrency market is far more volatile than the FX market. Higher volatility means greater risk for investors, with a greater possibility of both an exponential upside and massive, financially crippling losses.

3 Likes

If i need to choose one , then it would be US30.

The US 30 index represents the value of the 30 largest US registered corporations, also known as the Dow Jones index.

2 Likes

EUR/USD is volatile enough to trade almost any way imaginable, it has narrow spreads and the highest forex volumes.

3 Likes

Yes, usually this time is around a news release. During that time major shift in expectations occurs while in most of the other time the market remains in equilibrium or can be moved by some insider information which you will likely be late to catch.

2 Likes

I would trade on pairs with a great liquidity and lower volatility. That is what have learned so far. Cryptos are horrifyingly volatile. I am too afraid to work on them.

1 Like

I agree with this. I mostly trade the major pairs but I try to avoid GBP/JPY as its so volatile - also EUR/JPY. GBP/USD can also bite back.

4 Likes

It is absolutely EURUSD. EURUSD is one of the most actively traded currency pairs in the world and is considered a major currency pair.

2 Likes

another vote here for EUR/USD

it’s the most liquid and therefore has the lowest dealing costs, and usually none of the hazards of the “wilder” or “more obscure” pairs

2 Likes

Everybody knows eurusd.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the FX - it’s an OTC deals and betting on one currency against the other with some piece of information readily available at hand ain’t a bad idea.

PS: Everyone spends money & each with his reasons for trading this money at hand for something. Love every bit of it.

Perhaps, unlike cryptos, am happy to inform you that we the currency traders are seeing some big change in the digital market with the implementation of our e-currencies seeing adoption in every place of the world. Yikes.

2 Likes

saw many people mentionin eurusd. im new to tradin can u explain about it for me? :pleading_face:

1 Like

NZd usd for me

1 Like

Actually, it’s difficult to answer to this question. But I saw many traders are falling on crypto trading besides forex even though I am still not a crypto trader. But I want to give it a shot.

1 Like

The spread is the difference between what price you have to pay to “buy” EUR/USD if you want to open a long position and what price you can “sell” it back to the broker when you close it. Of course, at any given instant, the broker will be charging more for their clients to buy than they offer for their clients to sell to them, and the difference is their profit.

The spread on EUR/USD is often minimal because more capital globally is traded in this pair than any other. Compare the spreads as a percentage of price between for example EUR/USD and AUD/CHY at any given moment.

2 Likes

Gold. (XAU/USD).

1 Like

He hasn’t returned. I wonder if his question was answered better in that other forum. :cry:

1 Like

GBPUSD I know that fluctuations in this currency pair can be substantial, providing ample opportunities for traders to profit, but also carrying a high level of risk.

so as u said eurusd has bigger market so its more stable and it costs less. am i right? this much information confusin me :pleading_face: :sob:

Its the most heavily traded pair in forex, so spreads are always narrow and there is always enough liquidity to get in or out quickly without slippage or delayed execution etc.

The price is always moving but not in a consistent way - so it isn’t always moving slowly, sometimes it moves fast: it isn’t always trending strongly, sometimes its wandering. If you have a strategy which demands a consistently trending pair or a pair with multiple reverses every week, sometimes this pair will be right for you and sometimes not.

Either way, let the strategy make as many of the decisions for you as possible.

1 Like