What do you think about impact of corona virus on trading globally?

Makes sense. Although if that’s the case then which industries should they focus on? Healthcare maybe? :open_mouth:

1 Like

TSA checkpoint data.

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

The US has rebounded since the low lows, but can we get quickly back (1-3 months) to the pre-CV numbers? Nobody can day for sure. I don’t think it happens that quickly, unless some big advances on the health side come about.

2 Likes

I think due to this pandamic, its the right time to do trading because market very much volatile and one can earn a huge by analysing the market condition. Gold is continuing to rise and is considered as a safe heaven, and moreover many other currencies are also doing good. So its a good time for traders to trade.

1 Like

Gold always proves to be the safest trading instrument. But we should not only stick to gold, other major currency pairs can show great trade ideas when analysed properly. trading with regulated and ecn brokers can further add to the effective results of trade analysis.

I also keep part of wealth in Gold and even increased its size after Covid-19 crisis emerged but it won’t last long because profit opportunities will soon appear again after global economy reverses its downward trend and start to rally.

I completely agree with you. The market will certainly show signs of recovery sooner or later. No trend is permanent, all the economies will surely speed up their recovery in coming years.

I think it still too soon to say the recovery is coming. Sure, eventually, but does that mean 1 year, 2 years, longer? I’ll be interested to see the second quarter numbers from around the world to get a better sense of how badly the jobs market and businesses were affected because of the pandemic. People are still scared to go out or go into restaurants or sporting events or any place with many people. That HAS long term affects.

I expect recovery to begin once the vaccine is out. Repetitive trials are carried across the globe especially in USA, China, Israel, India, Italy etc who are leading currently. Certainly a bright future can be seen. I do agree with the terror of going out, job scarcity , business losses etc but once the vaccine is developed the market will rally at a very fast speed. The reason being, it will raise hope of survival and people will be back to their normal lives.

What are the estimates on the vaccine? I haven’t been following that too closely.

Next year but there are occational market pumps on fake news like from Moderna vaccine trials or Novavax breakthroughs. Several WHO and US health officials stated that vaccine can be expected in the next year.

It depends on how governments will react. It seems like panic about corona was slightly overhyped and it isn’t so dangerous as people think. Of course a lot of people die cause of that virus and it’s so regretable, but I speak not about moral side, but about economy. It seems that coronavirus will ‘cost’ 0.5%-1% GDP and the coronacrisis will have L-model. That means that markets will stagnate or even fall and after that it will be fast growth. I think markets will be stormy next 2 months, as they depends not only on epidemy news, but also governments’ actions and such actions aren’t always reasonable.

It hasn’t affected my trading.

1 Like

A few (or more?) Robinhooders seem to be making $$$ out of this whole thing. :woman_shrugging:

Lots of speculation on these vaccines, and who will profit. It’s funny to see “traders” jump in on a stock after a single trial, with like 50 people. Of course, leading officials pumping miracle cures doesn’t help either.

Yea, I think some governments will be forced into action. I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes, having to balance economic output against public safety.

Yes, vaccines can be very well expected by mid 2021. Researchers are speeding up the process and are likely to come up with the vaccine within 18 months from its outbreak.

Miracle cures that are proven ineffective weeks later :joy:

In any case, coronavirus has greatly affected the entire economy, including trading.

This pandemic has hit the world very badly and due to this trading has also been impacted. Everyday currency pairs are going in a bullish or bearish trend due to market volatility. It’s becoming difficult to predict about any currency pair. Market is really fluctuating due to this pandemic and we need to be very cautious about the latest conditions of the Forex market.

1 Like

Unfortunately, coronavirus has greatly affected the economies of many countries, including the Forex market.

Yes market is completely unpredictable but we should not completely forbid trading. We can change our trading styles like begin trading on much low leverage. I prefer leverage of 1-50ish a feasible one. It would certainly help us to protect our account balance from digging a big whole in our already tattered pockets.