What do your friends/family think of your passion for trading?

When you’re passionate about something, it’s natural to want to share that excitement with those closest to you, like our friends and family. But when it comes to trading, not everyone understands the appeal or potential of the forex market. So, what do your friends and family think of your passion for trading?

4 Likes

My friends and family have always been supportive of my passion for trading. They admire the dedication and effort I put into my trading activities and often ask me questions about how it works and what strategies I use. However, I prefer not to talk about my trading losses or mistakes, as I believe that trading is a personal journey that involves both successes and setbacks.

3 Likes

All know that I’m into trading and they’re cool with They can see that I been successful though so they support me and what I do but at the beginning all differed.

4 Likes

Since this is a new thing and unfamiliar to the older generation, my parents keep nagging me, saying that I’m wasting money and should focus on learning something more practical that will help me earn a living.

1 Like

You’re incredibly lucky! I wish you the best of luck with your trading endeavors.

2 Likes

They don’t know. And I don’t think they care that they don’t know either :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Well, my wife thinks I’m as mad as a hatter, but my Mum appears to be impressed with me investing in stocks but she doesn’t know about me looking at forex as she wouldn’t understand it!

3 Likes

My wife left me at the beginning of my trading career.

3 Likes

When I finished University 50 years ago - I spent my first month’s wages on a crossbow - just because I wanted to - the girl I had been engaged to for 3 years had a hissy fit - because I “should have saved it for the wedding” - She ran off with my best mate soon after! - All the women I have been with since know - because I make sure they do, that "It is just possible that I may come home one day and say ’ I just lost the house playing poker!’ " - I wouldn’t have the old one back at any price - and I suspect that further down the track - you will feel the same - Good riddance - You only have one life and it is NOT to be lived feeling constrained and dominated !

Who the hell cares what “friends and family” think ?

(Oh and just to be clear - I have not as yet (50 years on) “lost the house” - but I did lose £15,000 on one bet when I first started - fortunately I “won” much more on other “Investments” I had taken at the time ! :slightly_smiling_face: )

2 Likes

You better off without her mate :blush:

4 Likes

since you ask, my guess is that a substantial number of people actually care what family think (the two key differences, in this context, between family and friends being that one group is selected and the other not, and that for many of us one group’s own financial interests and prospects can easily be directly or indirectly affected by one’s trading, but the other’s not so much, if at all)

3 Likes

Leaving me was (still is) the best gift she ever gave me. She motivated me to prove her wrong.

5 Likes

At the end of the day, I got to pursue my own passion. Not theirs

1 Like

Good luck for the future

2 Likes

Thank you, Same to you

1 Like

Be careful mate - of the “I’ll show her” Motive - she’s already shown herself to be totally unreliable and happily to break her vows “for richer - for poorer” without the slightest qualm. - DO NOT “take her back” - under any circumstances - she will Never be worthy of you - no matter what excuses / apologies she comes up with later !

Get out there and find a proper one !

3 Likes

I agree. Not everyone will support you but for sure everyone loves money.

1 Like

You shouldn’t care about people who don’t care about you. Just do what feels right for you, and don’t waste time on people who don’t respect or support you.

5 Likes

She has already made several attempts to come back , but couldn’t let the same snake bite me twice. I mean that’s what trading taught me. DO NOT HOLD ON TO YOUR LOSSES. :rofl: She is just a loss that would have blown my account ( I meant to say life) if I held on to her. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve never asked what my friends and family think of my trading passion. Some have been mildly interested in the idea.

I think they will only be really impressed when I buy a car or buy a holiday.

4 Likes