What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Hey alishijo I’m glad to see your intrested too! As for the stock index to watch, its the same ICT keeps mentioning, nasdaq,s/p, dow…actually if you go on google’s site and to their finance page they give you the three of those overlappping right off the bat!

I’ll go you one better Ak, I was CoD server admin for years, moding, checking logs, load game files, policing ect, the MCA was my clan tag thats how sad I am. lol. I thought to myself one day " well if Im going to spend this much time on the PC I had better try and make some money, I know I’ll try this Forex thing how hard can it be! " 2 years later…

Anyway, just behave youself “No swearing or team kills” [B]you Will be Kicked[/B] … Oh how I miss all that power. lol

Wally

Hey everybody,

was looking for a short on GU at LO but the swing didn’t fulfill my requirements so I couldn’t enter. Was looking for the stops resting below the support on the daily chart. Took a look again at the chart in NYO… and there it is :slight_smile: just took profit some pips before that level I mentioned.

The OTE lined up with GMT S1, the fib was drawn on a 20% swing of ADR which broke through the S1. Ofcourse it was in BuyZone but I wanted to see the stops resting below the purple line. It hit the ADR and bounced right of it as I was writing this. Was a pretty good setup to look for a short today as the ADR is some pips under these lows and therefore could easily be reached. Tomorrow I’ll watch that line to find either a long or short from a bounce of this level.

Also I decided to stop going for those long swings through the whole day. With the partial profit taking on a 100 pip move that would equal 60 pips, so I go for 45 pips on every trade without scaling out and look how they do. If I see them makin more pips very often, I’ll set TP higher. The benefit is that I don’t have to watch the trade because at the moment I can’t set partial profits and have to close the portions manually. I could close and reopen because I have a tight spread of 2 pips, but it decreases the profit of those long swing even more :slight_smile: Let’s see how it works out hehe.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

EDIT: Well I didn’t expect that OTE for a long so early hehe. Took place in LC but I’m finished this week so I didn’t take it. Pretty huge move for this session in my oppinion though. I hope you caught it with your LC tactics :slight_smile:

greetings :slight_smile:

my posts are not welcome here :wink:

I think you are referring to Shirley Hudson’s ForexMentor course on the London Close Strategy which sells for almost $300 USD from their website. This course was online in late 2010 for their launch and sale campaign for short term trading forex at or around the London Close time period.

I have seen this course and yes it is good, but what I have talked about here has pretty much everything you see in it and you don’t have to shell out the clams for it… now do you?

The point of this post is not to advertise for her course… but to remove any confusion as to what I will be releasing and what they have for sale and launched in the late fall of 2010. If you would take yourself over to the original thread I started in early 2010, I posted a checklist of times of the day you want to look for short term setups every day. I highlight the list on post #64 and it can be seen here by hyperlink http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/32915-what-every-new-aspiring-fx-trader-wants-know-7.html

I would like to draw your attention to the fact the date it was posted and the thread has been locked since 2010… so I have not edited it or made up a concept on the heels of a similiar course thats sold on the net. I just want to go on record I haven’t panhandled the panhandlers… I have remained original and unique… but like I said early in 2010… watch the ICT methods run wild over the internet as I release them. lol

[B]GLGT[/B]

Anyone know if they’re gonna be in the chat for London Open?

If I’m up I’ll pop in but I won’t be looking to take any trades. You looking for trades, or just some conversation? :slight_smile:

Both! lol, I’ve been on vacation for a while so I’ve got to get back into trading and being active on this thread.

Hahah! Yes, I know it is not [B]your[/B] strategy…ICT gave us enough already to return high odds on the Cable and Fiber alone, and I have been doing my own detective work on the other pairs for over 2 months now :15: Rest assured that anything that is out there for free, I know about!

The reason I don’t want to part with the $300 to bump up my 70% accuracy on the other majors may seem to some like I am cutting off my nose to spite my face: it is not all about the money, but about liking and trusting the people you call your teachers (I have had hundreds of students myself and so I know how the relationship works). I am sorry but I think anyone that allows his students to think that he was the one who came up with the concept of deep-fib retracements, and then to name the concept in his honour, is a bit of a prat in my book. Yes, he feels a little awkward in the video (people who know the site will know what I am talking about), but he obviously hasn’t corrected his students’ misconceptions until that point, and he is still willing to market the entry technique under his own name! That just shows the same lack of integrity that is so prevelant in this industry, and as others have stated, makes ICT a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, rant over…I wasn’t at my charts for London Close but USD/CAD and EUR/USD both put in OTEs at 11:23am and 11:14am respectively - this is the new ‘Ultra Kill Zone’…which you should all refer to now as ‘Ali’s Ultra Kill Zone’ :55::wink:

Woah, woah, woah. Which PTC video? And how did I miss that?

Calm down Aarnog. lol Six was talking about a tag that was on ICT’s IE when he was showing how to find some free info like Bonds or futures or some such. Yes Michael we scutinize your vids that much. lol

@Ali, I thought that was a bit rich too considering he had done courses with Chris Lori who talks about deep retracements to the 79% in he’s course back in 2006-7.

Honestly guys I’ve “accidently” seen the LC course shortly after it was released and I can remember thinking “oh yeah well thats the time zone characteristics I heard about before” from ICT.
In fact I’ve proberbly “accidently” seen just about every course there is and NONE have mentioned gems (or dare I say “little Holy Gails”) like:
High or low formed in the first 4 hours of London, it’s a pivot or trend day, high range small range days, SMT, Bond Yields ect…

This is the real deal right here for no cost what so every. (And if there was I’d proberbly “accidently” see it.)

Wally

anyone feel like making 100 pips?
no? well no worries because you’ll probably see this setup next week, and the week after that, and the week after that…

I do get a sense that the tools are working exceptionally well at the moment…more so than in May. I recall there being some mention of a slow down in the summer months though. A question for those guys who have been on board since March 2010: did you see a change in the rhythm during the summer of 2010? ICT mentioned being able to predict seasonal trends way ahead of time - that is something that I am looking forward to exploring in more detail.

P.S. If you place the Fib on the lower swing low…yesterday’s low and the London Close low…you will see the 50% retrace comes in bang on 1.4200, and therefore shows confluence with the OTE sweet spot.

and Check out those monthly Pivots too, particularly the MS1 level…

Tee hee, went long NYO yesterday .4166 with proper stop loss placement but I put my TP way up with the intention of managing the trade. A mate popped round and a few beers later out we go. Forgot about the trade (highly professional I know). Opened the charts when I got home and quickly closed the trade at .4450 for 4.5%. Nothing learned really but I thought I’d share :59:

sorry good sir, it shalll never happen again:57:

Sure they are.

But, your attitude is not welcome here — because your attitude sucks.

I like this thread and ICT mothods and not interested in learning from other mentors on the web. I still haven’t master whatever ICT provided us. So why go and learn something new?

Thank you ICT and all the contributors of this thread for sharing.

GLGT :slight_smile:

i should have figured everyone here has their head so far up ICT’s backside i would get attacked for making comments…

if you go over a breif review of what he has shown us

1- trade with market flow and try to keep in sync with 4 hr
2- pivots buy zone sell zone
3-fib levels buying dips and selling rallies
4-time of day
5-OTE
6-london close
7- swing projection

if you go to the forex mentor website you can watch these videos from differnet mentors

1- market flow and trading with 4 hr = jarret davis
2- pivots = almost every mentor on the site
3- fib = fibonacci swing trader by jarret davis and buy the dips sell the rallies by vic noble
4-time of day = chris lori
5- OTE…sure loooks a lot like the lesson called "noble entry"
6-london close…hmm 90% acc? just so happens to be same as shirleys?

now sureeee maybe ict mentors all of these people way back when, and they are just making tons of money of “his teachings” but i mean comon…im not sure why ICT claims this is all of his stuff if its clearly not? who knows…and as for “why go learn something new” …it wouldnt be going to learn something new…it would be going to learn from the source…anywho let the brown nosing continue and lets watch “ict methods” run wild over the internet :35:

yes sir , attitude sucks for giving credit where credit is due…to the original mentors…sorry to you also