What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Hello everyone.

I slowly begann learning about pivot points and also downloaded the excel file that ICT uploaded in the first post. However as a Oanda user ( not MT4 ) i have to insert prices manually and then draw them manually in Oandas Java Platform, which is honestly quite tiresome.

I’ve tried there inbuilt pivot points but i’m still not sure how to draw them… Isn’t there an easier way?

Here’s the first trade of the day

Imageshack - firsttradeprofit0507201.png

I had tried to make pivot points by using the inbuilt option in oanda i i think i received a support line. This was one of the reasons combined with fibonacci for me entering the trade. However…

I have started to try experimenting with a higher TP, i first aimed at 40 pips but then realized it probably would be better to find a resistance line where price had bounced off many times. And i thought i did… So i adjusted the TP to that which i roughly got about 34 pips…

Also i have begann for the first time experimenting with how trailing stops work out… I ended up with 5 pips in profit, because of Moody’s unexpected new release on Portugal… The problem is, in oanda the trailing stop, the TP, The SL lines are different colours, one of them was orange… perhaps i somehow got confused the trailing stop line being a pivot line, since i remember i entered what i thought was a support pivot.

Anyways, helps with the pivots would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the language, it’s been a hard day of work and i’m tired.

/oasis.

Oasis,

I can’t quite post links yet but if you google the following:

“oanda metatrader 4 account setup”

Just follow the instructions and you can take full advantage of ICT’s pivot points in their natural environment. It’s perhaps ten minutes casual setup over a cup of java (pun intended, forgive me).

I’ve used their fxtrade platform to enter demo orders simply because I like to enter SL and TP at the same moment of the order, as it appears that Oanda via MT4 requires SL and TP to be entered separately and after the order placed. And it’s just my luck I’d lose connexion the instant I had the order in but not the stop loss, so I refuse to allow the possibility :slight_smile:

Agreed. I use Oanda MT4 for the lion’s share of my analysis, and then their Java platform to enter my orders, because I too like their order entry on the Java platform much better than MT4. The only analysis I do on the Java side is 00,20,50,80 levels and daily highs/lows. I just made a subaccount with MT4 enabled, but you could easily just get a demo, since it never expires.

Quick quiz for anyone following the Fiber this week:

What was the High for 2010?

What was the High for this week (so far)?

:smiley:

Now that I look at it, OTEs within OTEs seem to happen fairly often which is great! Higher probability setups with better reward:risk

Aren’t you supposed to be on vacation? lol

Who else is “riding the lightning” right now?

some might say it’s portugese lightning…fierce!

but i’m just watching the lightning tonight lol

Hello,
Oasis to add pivots on oanda java platform go to daily chart press pivot button and press the previous day and draw pivots. You can always check if they are right with manual calculation or mt4. Still this way you can only get EST pivots but it sure beats manually adding lines.

Missed all the good action today due to distractions, or just plain sitting out when I didn’t have a clue about what to trade… I missed the ‘lightning’ also. But even so the first full calendar week resulted in 4.5% gains, while terribly busy doing other things. I can hardly imagine how some of the more experienced, focused people must have done this week.

This has very, very profound implications if it stays so simple… but does it stay so simple?

You were riding the Fiber I presume? Show us your screenshots because I am on strike today;)

It is sometimes hard to tell whether one’s understanding has shot through the roof, or the markets are particularly ICT-friendly right now. The tools are working exceptionally well…especially OTE sweetspot.

Ok, I gotta read that thread on how to upload pictures because idk what I’m doin haha. Entry was at 1.44569, 50% off at +30, 50% off at +90

Anyone wanna show me where that thread is that explains how to post images on here? Can’t seem to find it…

Would anyone happen to have the page bookmarked with the market flow indicator? Finally using MT4 so I can make use of it now.

Thanks!

It only took you 1,355 posts before you decided to find out;)

For those just starting out…you need to have posted 50 times on this forum before you can post screenshots. Here is the way I post:

1. Save MT4 chart onto your computer by going to File>Save As Picture>Active Chart (800x600 pixels)>OK

2. Go to photobucket (I won’t paste the link in case BP take away another of my lives for advertising…Google it!) and upload the screenshot.

3. Copy the IMG code from the uploaded screenshot and paste it directly into your message box right here

Bingo!

Have a look around page 95 on this thread. All of the links should be around there.

I didn’t want to make a big deal at the time, but I saw that indicator make a mistake the first time I used it and I never touched it again. Harsh judgement I know, but no room for errors like that in my trading. Obviously it’s just me though because nobody else has complained. Just be careful, test it against your own knowledge and do some spot checks on that thing!

edit:
I added it back on, I realized it’s not fair to say that without some proof, so I’ll watch and take a screenshot when/if I see a mistake…

Thanks Ali!

Ok, this is the 1hr showing the kill zone.

Looking for OTEs anywhere inside of the red boxed area during London open.

Here is the entry off the 15m. Again, the red boxed area is the kill zone off the 1hr

I love how you set this up. Very clear what you did. Reminds me, I should use those rectangle markers more in my trading, especially for zooming in on a certain zone. :slight_smile: