What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Ya I got them from ICT. I put a fib on a higher TF, place my little red box down, and can remove the fib keeping charts more clean. Then it’s just waiting for an OTE to occur.

Okay stupid question, What is trading F/T? lol How is your account balance doing? Miss the monthly account updates on here… or maybe i just missed them somehow.

Not sure how I managed to miss this reply yesterday but just caught it, and yes it helps a great deal to ‘know what one is dealing with’… I don’t want to be like those scientists who thought the earth was flat, for lack of better perspective. Eventually lack of basic understandings may bite rather hard :slight_smile:

Also I now recognise that a general TP of 50, SL of 25 is… quite possibly a mistake, unless it’s tailored to an appropriate situation, and I need some work on that as well. The market seems to have been either easy this past week, or there’s been luck, or something… not winning on smarts quite yet, just using the most rudimentary basics gleaned from ICT’s plan as best as I understand them.

Which is, in my case (and possibly erroneously): “cable seems to be generally headed down based on USDX, Treasury 2,5,10 and COT report… wait for what seems to be a daily high, check against pivots and recent S/R levels, mind the trading hour and then short with 1% of demo account.” Did a small long also on a seemingly obvious retracement and… was sheer lucky, I think.

As for personality, I’m flawed like anyone else, but always strive for improvement. If anyone is able to tear apart the above strategy for last week, I’m all ears. Or eyes. Whatever forum senses do the trick. I’m waiting for another daily high, maybe on the 4 hour, and shall short cable again provided it’s confirmed decently and I’m awake to do it.

Thanks to both of you :slight_smile:

Hmm… I’ve run into a problem with Manta’s indicator. It seems that the admins may have taken the attachment off of the site. I remember there was some kind of complaint about advertising with the indicator or something along those lines, so I’m assuming it has something to do with that.

Anyone gonna be in the chat room later?

I might pop in between 8:30am BST to 9:30am BST, but the action might be over by then! Hope to see you around.

Was looking for a way to get further on my way in the forex journey, and it seems yours is the one people keep pointing me to. I’m looking forward to learning a lot!

Edited for solicitation… sure…

Anyway, is there anyone who might have Manta’s market flow indicator that I could PM my info to and possibly have it sent over?

F/T simply means full time haha. I’m still a student, so I am really only able to trade consistently in the summer.

As for my account balance, I haven’t lost it yet. =P
I opened up my first trading account, with $200USD, and trading only with ICT’s methods. That was 5-6 months back I believe. Looking at my account history now, I’ve made 446.67% ROI so far. I am definitely happy about that, I’ve had a lot of ups and downs though, I’ll be honest.

Just looking for more consistent gains now. =)

Regards,
Clark

I’ve got pretty much everything on this thread. Gimme a PM. =)

You da man! :wink:

What do you risk per trade on average? Those are some really impressive gains, good work!

I risked 0.5% per trade for two straight weeks, and if I was in profit, I’d raise it by another half percent. 0.5% to 1.0% to 1.5% to 2.0%. Currently risking 2.0 per trade, and that’s the max I’ll ever go. =)

Regards,
Clark

See Clark! lol i knew it was a stupid question. I thought F/T was some ICT lingo that I somehow missed.hahah Way to go on the account btw… Keep up the good work and keep posting from time to time. :wink:

Haha, no such thing as a stupid question. =)

And thanks pipmart, best of luck to you too! And I will try!

Regards,
Clark

Amazing results with low risk, that’s awesome man.

I would say 2.0% is pretty big risk to be fair. Maybe when I’m older, I’ll understand how reckless I was.

I’m learning this forum the hard way, just wrote out a whole reply and then pressed the reply to thread button, deleting it :slight_smile: lol

Anyway, I know 2% is the MAX we’re supposed to risk, but it honestly seems like you put in the work before you place your trades for the most part. Should you blow out your account (which I honestly doubt you will) I don’t think it will change your current lifestyle at all, which I really feel is the most important aspect to trading. If you are trading with money that you need to keep, you are trading with money you are scared to lose, and that is where the majority of people will lose their accounts with letting losers run, and cutting winners short.

If I remember correctly, it’s Experts --> Indicators. :slight_smile:

And to open it, it’s automatically placed in the Custom folder in your indicactors. :slight_smile: