What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Top-drawer trading, Clark!
I actually worked out that this represents an approximately 1.2% gain PER DAY (not including weekends, etc)

Seeing performance like this is a real motivator for me. Keep up the good trading, and keep us updated!

Thank you again, I started going through all of the folders and was actually able to figure that one out :wink:

This has to be my favorite indicator, makes the task of market flow so simple. Both you and AK replied and sent the indicators, I am actually using the table indicator which shows all of the different time frame market flows on the bottom left of the screen. If you donā€™t have it Iā€™d be glad to send it to you.

Thanks Apmonster. :slight_smile: I havenā€™t really kept track what that meant as a daily return. All I look for is 2.75R per week. Itā€™s hard, I still havenā€™t reached that place. No where close, but Iā€™m patient. Even if it takes me a couple years, Iā€™ll still be happy. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m glad it worked out for you RC24. I have that indicator as well, so no worries. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Clark

Is anyone looking at the ā€˜Zā€™ formation that has been setting up on Fiberā€™s daily chart since the end of April? I think we are getting close to crunch timeā€¦can the US Treasuries give us a hint as to which way we might be heading?

We normally donā€™t pay much attention to trend-lines on this thread, but I couldnā€™t help noticing this:

Yes mate Iā€™ve had a pennant pattern drawn in on the daily for a few days but when you mentioned ā€œZā€ days I put up my longer term pivots and the weekly and monthly are looking very ā€œspring boardy.ā€

Regarding directional bias how do you interpret COT data atm?

Good question. I couldnā€™t say with any certainty, but the Fiber Commercials put in an extreme net short position at the end of April, and they have been unwinding those shorts ever since. If past data is anything to go by, then they could still have some way to go. A bottoming out in the Bond market would support this, and could therefore mean a break to the downside in the spot market.

Thanks for this thread, as a newbie this is going to be extremely useful.

Thanks,
Alex

Finally Iā€™ve gotten MT4.

Problem is that i canā€™t make use of the pivot points in the first post, since it seems that the oanda mt4 platform doesnā€™t support that file type.

So i downloaded this one from mql4

Daily Pivot Points shifted for different day start time - MQL4 Code Base

The problem is when i backtest them with the excel sheet in the first thread the pivots points may vary up to 10 pips!

So donā€™t know what to do !

Hi Oasis,
I use Oanda mt4 with ICT Pivot Indicator down loaded from the first page of this thread. May be you can remove and try installing again. I am using Oanda mt4 version 4.00, what is your version?

Regards,

I need help here fellas. Iā€™m trying to watch all of the archived videos in order. I made it to the NY open webinar on page 1, but it mentioned concepts I was unfamiliar with. The London Open webinar is no longer linked. Are there other videos I need to go to, so I can learn about the London open, Turtle Soup, Riptide, things like that? I was lost a bit because I didnā€™t know what these things were.

turtle soup is mentioned in the 02/16/11 video, i think itā€™s also mentioned prior to that but iā€™m not quite sure which ICT PTC video it is. iā€™m new to this thread myself but iā€™m sure the others will give u a much clearer answer. the new york open video was a bit of a handful for me also but i try to just keep re watching the videos as each viewing gives me a bit more insight.

NY open should probably be last. If youā€™ve gone through all the main teaching videos go to the pro traders club videos, watch all of them in order, and the NY open last.

Turtle Soup isnā€™t actually an ICT concept, but it is a pattern he watches for and trades. It is taught in the book Street Smarts. The price of the book is fairly high, but with a little searching on the net, you might just be able to download it :wink:

thanks for the info RC, much appreciated. i just found where the book and method are mentioned in page 206 of the thread

Glad to help.

Hi All,
Took this LC fiber this morning. Result in - 25 pips. Please take a look and comment if i could have done it different and better.

Reasons behind entry:

1. 10:20 am Est London Close kill zone started.
  2. Price was below ADR
  3. Entered below 79% fib level
  4. Stop loss was at 1.4014 which i reduced to 1.4007 but couldnā€™t help

This week my goal is to watch and find trades during London Close time zone. I will post other trades as well if i take one. This was the first of the week but I still believe LC trades are the best in regards to Risk Reward Ratio.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi FX280,

I took exactly the same trade! My entry was further up because I went for the sweetspot was at .4041. USDX was way over its ADR and at resistance so I thought we had a good chance of some reversal. All I can say is that sometimes you lose. There is nothing glaringly wrong with your analysisā€¦you did all the right things, and if you had done the same on all of the Fiber LC set-ups last month, you would have bagged 3 winners out of 4 with a total return of +3.21% with 1% risk per trade.

Where I differed from you tonight is that I didnā€™t pack up shop for the day as I knew that there was still a chance for some reversal. After I was stopped out on Fiber I took the Cable set-up which came good and covered the losses and some more.

Ali

Thank you for quick response. I agree Cable was the winner. [B]Do you think cable is more easy to follow if using ICT LC Strategy?[/B]

You are brave you took the second trade. After loosing the fiber I saw the same setup on cable but didnā€™t have the courage to take it :slight_smile:

Thank You Ali.

Look at SMT on Fiber/Cable at LCā€¦ might shed some light on your issue.

Have a look at Fridays LO High and NYO Lowā€¦ drop a Fib on that swingā€¦ what appears at the Asian Range Low leading into Fridays London Session and provides opportunity at Fridayā€™s NYOā€¦ and where are we today as a result? :57:

Live PTC recording tonight? Whoā€™s in? :wink:

[B]GLGT[/B]