What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

If you have several indicators then you can fall victim to a number of issues. Indicators by and large are lagging, meaning they show what happened after-the-fact, a history of the move. Too many indicators also leads to analysis paralysis because you can have too much information and too much competing and contradictory information. Sometimes they are simply inappropriate for what you want to use, certain indicators work well on the daily/weekly but suck no the 4h/1h much less the lower tf. Finally, if you rely on indicators too much you donā€™t learn to read what the price action is actually doing and how it responds to key reaction points.

Mainly I look for key s/r areas and plot those on my chart, then using the confluence of the tried and true factors, make my trade decision.

I took GU today for ~70 pips and hereā€™s my reasoning for taking the GU instead of the EU. I saw the GU bounce and hold last night at Asia opening and start to move up, the GU did the same thing except the GU bounced off a key s/r I had on my chart based on the daily moves. This gave me a long bias for the GU and the EU. I used the strike zone TF and plotted my lines. In the 8am hour the PA moved down to the 61.8 fib line and reacted, started moving up. This was my que to enter which I did above the 61.8 reaction. TP set at the 1.618 ext which was also the DPV on my chart. PA moved strongly right to my TP and less than 60minutes I was finished.

Now I didnā€™t leave any lots on because this is Friday and getting near London close so there was a possibility of reversal and profit taking. Of course it could be said that the move long was the profit taking from the fall this week. Who knows. But I was not at all surprised when the 161.8 and DPV was hit and PA immediately fell 40 pips.

Here is the 15m chart so you can see clearly the time area I was looking at specifically for entry.

If you look at your own charts there are a few more things going ā€“ look at the hourly chart. We had the low created at Asian session. On my chart I have a strong s/r that forms a support the GU hasnā€™t broken since 7/22, but it retested it a few times and failed to break it. I donā€™t think a Friday has the necessary power nor time for follow through to break it.

During Asia the currency experienced buying pressure and moved up. If you draw the fib lines from this low to the Asia high you get a nice OTE + retest of that s/r + S1 support at London open + more Buying pressure. (also same scenario with EU at the same time). So far today the GU and EU have buying pressure and not many signs of selling pressure. Finally, on my charts I didnā€™t have any obvious s/r between 6240 and 6400 that could be a reaction point; GU has sorta ranged between these areas so there was plenty of room to go long and it appeared GU was observing the range bottom again.

So I drew the fibs you see from the London move and waited. PA reached to 61.8 like it did in London, retesting the anchor as you will and started moving up. I sloppily entered long here and the rest you know. EU simply didnā€™t setup this nicely this morning and entry to me was more of a guessing game.

I donā€™t know if my analysis overall is correct or not, but this is my logic for entering on what I saw on the charts.

As I write this I want to point out that Gu missed the range top I had by only 8 pips before falling back.

Sladha,

those videos have yet to be released, which is why there is no link to them. ICT will release them in due time

If you go to the youtube links you can see all the videos he has uploaded. You can subscribe to his channel and get emails when he uploads new videos instead of waiting for links.

First of all, I want to thank ICT for all he has taught me thus far in this short couple week period. I have learned much from ICT and taking my knowlege I had about price action and candlesticks, plus his money management ideals, trading habits, hotspots, and entry + exit points to his methodology I am happy to say I have had one of the best weeks trading this week- up 9.3% from Monday.

I did do some asian session scalping that was kept on the down low because we havenā€™t gone over that PTC video yet but most of the big gains were from one or 2 LO trades. I wrote about how I felt about this week and all that happened and of course about the NFP day. I would like to share that here and I hope everyone enjoys reading my new blog and can take something away from it. ICT has taught me so much so far in such a short period in time, I can only hope one day to repay him in some way (although I fear I will never be able toā€¦) and continue spreading his trading gospel.

NFP Day - Stay Away! - Iā€™ll Keep My +9.3% This Week Thank You Very Muchā€¦ | MeetPips.com

Neddy,
since Iā€™m in GMT+1 zone itā€™s hard for me to attend webinars in those hours.

Many thanks ICT for presenting and you for recording it. Please take a look at free screen recorder [B]BB FlashBack Express[/B]. I used it some time ago and it seems to me that itā€™s sufficient for this task.

Cheers,
b.

Thanks bopuc! I will look at it. :slight_smile:

What a let down!..heres one of my first attempts at a swing trade i wanted to share with everyone. well even though a few days ago some said my try at longer term analysis was wrong i still had in mind higher prices for the euro so on a longer term OTE (daily) i had the 1.4050 level as a buy and like i saidā€¦what a let down =/ hopefully there will be more to come. i see the OTE right after it bounced near the 50 level too, which would have been a beauty to trade but i cant be at the charts so i had to hope and dream it would hit my level lol

Dont worry about it Bones, these setups happen frequently. There will be PLENTY more of em :slight_smile: Iā€™ve had streaks of trades missed by literally .6 pips or less lol

Any talks on S&P downgrade ā€¦ USD may be bullish again AUD?
and weak again CHF/YEN or may be already priced IN.?

hey all I am watching some of the videos for the second or third time already and have a questionā€¦ how do you determine the central pivot? ok found something is it the previous days highs and low or do you use different time frames depending on what time frame you are trading

[QUOTE=kenny10pips;272556]hey all I am watching some of the videos for the second or third time already and have a questionā€¦ how do you determine the central pivot? ok found something is it the previous days highs and low or do you use different time frames depending on what time frame you are trading[/QUOTE]

If you use MT4 (which I recommend), then download file I attached and put in ā€œindicatorā€ (inside ā€œexpertā€ folder) folder of MT4. Then the pink one should be the central pivot. Or, if you would like to calculate, babypips school tells you how. If the MT4 server is not set to EST (EDT), then you want to shift the hours of pivotdailymacro indicator to the new york midnight as the start line of the indicator.

Good luck

This is an awsome resource for a beginner or intermediate trade and I advise thet if your not trading this way to switch , I was luck early in my carrer and ran into the chis lori allstar forex training with 12 CDā€™s he teaches all these concept in it and for some reason the way explained the optinal enter was never as good as you explain so I never used it now that you explained it clearly I will be using it and I can see where it can add up pips that I have been letting get away becuase I waited for the break of the swing higher or lower. I do use the Fib Ratioā€™s and projections though and Pivot pionts is a big part of my trading plan as well but yes I hope alot of us are watching this and utilizing this excellent resource you so graciously took the time to put up to give this trading community an edge. Thanks again for the resource and thank again for the time you took out of your trading day and life to put it together for us.

Folksā€¦ we will have the new Pro Traders Club video online shortlyā€¦ formatting has been cumbersome this weekā€¦ look for it later this afternoon on the first page of this thread.

Awesome stats above votersā€¦ I feel the love :wink:

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

This is precisely what I hoped to inspireā€¦ keep it up and excelsior!!! :wink:

[B]ICT Market Profiles[/B]

Well Babypipstersā€¦ you waited long enough for some seriously insightful nuggets. I am pleased to inform you that I will be releasing my exclusive Market Profiles that provide me a roadmap or blueprint on how price action may unfold on any given trading day.

This is an ICT exclusive and you wonā€™t find it in your books or guru trophy casesā€¦ hope you can join us next Sunday 7pm EST.

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

I think I might be very helpful to new folks if I posted a video tutorial on how to install these MT4 tools we have on the first page huh? :confused:

I am so excited for that day there is no way I will be able to sleep. I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve night who is expected to go to bed only to realize the excitement is unbearable!

Hey guys,
I wanted to shout out to everyone this weekend because I found some great gems that closely correlate to what ICT teaches. These gems have added to a great foundation that what was already there thanks to the price action analysis and method ICT has been teaching. The recommendations teach pure price action analysis so they can easily be brought over into the already building ICT method we all use and love. I hope this helps everyone as much as it has helped me: Weekend Warriors - Keep On Learning | MeetPips.com

Can some one tell me how to join in the ICT Webinar please. I am in UK but am going to try and stay awake and join in.

A link will be posted prior to the webinar in the babypips chatroom