What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

There’s Gold in them there videos… :5:

Ok, so i will wait for that enlightenment then. :smiley:
There are still a lot of videos for me to watch.

Thanx Michael :57:

syzygus, very nice article there. i’m putting my hand up to train for the "marathon"
ICT, can u be my coach? :smiley:

ICT, that asian session indicator u used in the livestream is very helpful to me…Thanks for showing that to us…

I think the reversal pattern shows up in a transitioning market. The market just dropped 1300 pips and needs to find liquidity, lots of liquidity in order to make a large move. What better way to find liquidity than to run stops and change direction “unexpectedly”? This is also the time of year to run higher according to the seasonal tendency pattern. I don’t know this is the case for sure, but it seems like the most rational explanation based on what I have learned thus far. Plus last time this happened a few months ago, I was part of the sheeple that helped provide liquidity for the move. We’ll find out for sure when this pattern is released.

Hi Guys and Gals

I came across this thread over a year ago, followed it for a while, but got impatient waiting for Michael to reveal “The Holy Grail”. This led me to search various other avenues (FFforums:53:) to try and find a SYSTEM:30: that made consistent pips. I tried many but all to no avail as many were either ridiculously complicated, or crap:18: I checked out this thread again a couple of months ago and realised that i should of stuck around from the off. I urge all newbies to start from Post 1 and run through the thread in conjunction with any of the videos ICT has posted. You will most definitely have a greater understanding of what ICT is trying to convey, as many of the names you see currently and most frequently posting on this thread, are the ones who helped develop the thread and have been here from the start. Thanks to ICT, these traders probably now have an understanding of the market they probably only dreamed of 12 months ago. We will get there too. PATIENCE.

ICT, would you so kindly post up that SDX-tzpivots indicator you are using in the livestream video…:slight_smile:

Just watched “pieces” of that 3-hour live session. Caught some classic ICT Rants, but most importantly imagined how AWESOME this will be for FEB 2012…

ICT pointin out the setups, live, at London Open. Does it get any better??

I think I’ll have some nice gains on my “Demo” account come February, hehe :wink:

Hey Michael, I have a question about exit strategy…

So today I was bullish at the LO and bought at the CPP. I was targeting R2 and the 161% extension for my final TP. Around 55 pips of profit, and right at R1/previous S/R price bounced down a bit, and then made about 6 attempts to get above R1, before it went down for the rest of the day. Now, as I was sitting there watching price go back and forth between 1.5535 and 1.5555, I was thinking, should I just take full profits next time it gets up near 1.5555? or should I hold on and let it ride til LC. I wanted to trust that price would move 4 levels (CPP,MR1,R1,MR2,R2) during the day and that it would reach the 161%, but I also remember you talking about wanting to see price slice through support/resistance like a hot knife through butter. So do you have any advice on knowing when to give up on a big swing projection like this morning and when to hold on for the full move? If it gets rejected 2, 3, 4, or 5 times from a resistance level, like this morning, when do you just give up and take profits? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wish I would’ve taken full profits at 1.5555, but I just moved my S/L up to 1.5530 to lock in profits, but eventually got stopped out there (red x), losing out on 25 pips ultimately.

Matty

I like this one best, a clever bit of programming.
Here: SDX-TzPivots.mq4
or a zip here: TZPivots.zip (5.31 KB)

Wally

I really appreciate it Wally…Thanks

A very inspiring post and a good read.
Thanks a lot for sharing your wisdom.

Thanks Wally for sharing us…it would be a great tools! :28:

Regards,
Junior

[B]Just a vision
[B][/B][/B]

While we are killing time till it is X-mas and dreaming of a bag full of pip-making toys, maybe something to think about.
I was looking at the daily (compressed) charts of the eu en gu to see what they did in 2011. Well, we are almost at the same price level as where we started in 2011, so far nothing seemed changed, however compared to a year ago looking at the future contracts there is a big difference. They are massively long compared to last year and are even at an extreme what we haven’t seen in years. Looking at the gu the lows of dec/jan last year have been taken out last oktober, with a strong reaction.The cable is now after a 79% retracement moving higher. However the fiber hasn’t blown out the stops resting under januari 's low. There might be even resting stops beneath that low from the rally of oktober this year. I believe that the big boys will move it this year one more time lower to take all the stops resting at januari low before the rally begins. Thin liquidity might be a big help for them.
Just some thoughts from a developing trader :wink:

Hmmm, that’s what I was thinking too :wink: Although I see a lot of people seem to be shifting their focus to the 1.3300 and 1.3350 levels now. Gosh I wish I was better at determining the overall trends :confused: But I’m going to keep working on it and hopefully this will be easier to read :slight_smile:

Just a question regarding the bond yields that ICT talks about in the beginner videos - when the yields are making lower lows and one of the yields fails to make a lower low, does that mean the USD will strengthen? And vice versa, higher highs and one doesn’t make a higher high, would that mean the USD is going to weaken? Or have I got it the wrong way around :confused: I would watch the videos again but my internet is extremely poor at the moment so it may take ages…

Your right with that, generally investors will follow the higher interest rates simply to get higher returns, therefore if the USD interest rate is rising, more investors would be interested on purchasing that currency over others! and vise versa, if the USD I.R. was rising then suddenly started falling, investors would most likely take their money from the USD and seek higher returns elsewhere… at least thats what i get from it all :wink:

You need to see the relationship on a chart.
Go to stockcharts and create a PerfChart:

$USD,$UST10Y

(US Dollar, 10Yr Treasury YIELD)

Hope that helps.

Checking my handy free chart on timingcharts.com, Commercial Positioning has NEVER been this Long in the entire history of the Euro. I have to believe this is significant. Now are they long because they think the Euro has strong fundamentals, OR because they think there will be a Relief Rally in the very near future?

Just another reason to look forward to trading in 2012 :slight_smile:

Thanks for the timingcharts.com referal site seems great

However, look back at May 2007 on the Euro chart…

Commercials were positioned Extremely Short. There was a small sell-off in following weeks, but overall from that point on, the Euro continued to Climb another 2400 pips. All the while, commercials were covering their short positions, which suggests to me they were taking heavy losses…they don’t like to buy into a rallying market, they like to be opposing it.

Then look at the height of Euro bullishness, near the 1.6000 figure. Commercials were positioned Long! Right before the Massive 3600 pip drop… I bet they lost money there too…

So from the history of the charts, I don’t see the commercials as being right all the time. I see very clear examples of them getting their asses served to them on silver platters :stuck_out_tongue: