What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

What about if that low was broken, but not by more than 10pips, in which you could theoretically still be in on a trade even though the market makes a new high/low, assuming you’re using the 10+ rule on your optimal trade entries…

Right now still battling with my overtrading demons! Getting there though… when I hold back and only hit on what I see as high probability trades, the results speak for themselves. Like last week, I made five trades, won four and came in 140 pips up. So very happy with the way things are going overall.

Just more time and practice. Further development of good old patience and discipline. :slight_smile: The only thing that’s holding me back is myself, not lack of tools. If you stopped this thread exactly where it is now, I’m convinced that there’s more than enough here to create consistent profitability (if applied properly).

Great video by the way. Got a lot out of that one.

‘‘As for directional bias… I have a couple of tips for you on the next PTC installment. How would you like to know with pretty good odds what the Low or High of the day will be before the European Session even opens? How’s that for tips? :wink:
Stay tuned folks… we’re entering the “Elite Zone” lol’’

pls let it rain on us also how we could take full advantage of it, sure we talk probabilities :slight_smile:

pls anybody can tell me how to do the quoting with the blue square and quotes?
what does PTC installment stands for?
thx to anybody who will shed the light on that :-)))

Sweet Pip, they are stone walling the offers up there @1.6270 with their stops further up.

Just be careful. :slight_smile:

Hi George

See at the bottom of every post, on the right of that grey band, there’s ‘Reply With Quote’? Just click on that.

PTC = Pro Traders Club.

It’s easy georgewhite, under the message you want to quote it says ‘Reply’ and ‘Reply with quote’. Hit ‘Reply with quote’ and write what you want to write after the last [/QUOTE] mark.

PTC stands for Pro Traders Club and he is referring to the PTC video update at the bottom of the first screen.

mark.

PTC stands for Pro Traders Club and he is referring to the PTC video update at the bottom of the first screen.[/QUOTE]

thx UKdave and alishijo, was playing with it before, prob my brain kept farting at me

Hi ICT, does the chat room on your blog ever / still get used? Would be good to talk in real time to folks about whats going on on the charts, but never seems to be anyone in there.

Observed the following possible trade, but don’t know whether it would count as a valid ICT setup as was against the 4hr and 1day flow (currently up), although price had broken an intermediate low on the 1hr chart so perhaps would be counted as a scalp opportunity whilst waiting for a potential long in line with the higher timeframe flows? My thinking was:

1. Price had broken the Asian session low and then retraced.
  2. Price retraced to in between the 61.8 and 72.6 levels - so Optimal Entry territory after the breakout.
    3 Price in the Sell Zone i.e. above the Pivot.

Overall not a great deal of confluences, however I’ve often observed that price will continue in the direction of the Asian session break - not always of course, but often (Often enough is the question I guess?). Based on this, the trade would have had round about a 10 pip stop, with the 1.27 extension, 50% of Fridays extremes, 1.62 figure all round 30 pips away, so a good 1:3 trade.

Question is, would this have been considered a valid trade?

After one months live trading today is the first day I haven’t pulled the trigger :slight_smile: (yet:mad:).

I’m looking at a long G/U.

I’m watching the 1.62 (institutional), current 4hr up (just) and buy zone but with no US action I might just sit out as an exercise in er… Not Massively Over Trading as usual!

not a trade idea related, but watching vid ICT PTC 02 13 11 , those 3 lower wicks in the middle of my picture? the 3rd one overshot the2nd one by 8 pips //on ict’s platform made doble bottom with the 3rd wick// i guess u or whoever might’ve lost again if u were using ALPARI, setting SL within 8 pips below the 2nd one like ICT did - dunno how many pips though he did,but no matter, thx to brokers not to b universal, i dare to say, it might suck at times //the last wick was 1.6010//
the point? ICT would make this vid about a winner and i would b grinding my teeth bitterly at brokers for my loss

As I look at the daily bar chart for cable to try and work out which way and where cable might be heading I see a possible swing to 16400 is this still realistic with the commercials building up there shorts. I find it difficult to work out my bias for the day or week.

It all depends how much of a swing they are going to take to get past 1.6270. This might take them until coming Wed morning after 09:30am GMT to archieve.
Wed morning MPC Meeting Minutes Release could be the cover they are looking for.

Hi Guys,

Wanted to share with you this first trade of the week.

Basically, saw a resistance level at 1.6230. This has been a reaction level in the past and so happened to be an institutional figure. In addition, this was within 10 pips of the previous day’s MR1 and an optimal entry level (as seen in the attached image).

What I particularly like about this setup is how it played exactly to ICT’s swing projection. After price broke the swing low (0% in the Fib), it dropped all the way to 1.6160 which was -100% of my Fib. So it doubled the first swing. I initially took 30% off the trade at the 0% of the Fib and then took it all out at -100%.

Price actually continued to drop but i decided I was happy with the 70 pips :slight_smile:

PS: Just want to add that market flow was still up but I noticed that it had been trading above the pivot for the past 2 days and was expecting it to make some sort of correction (at least move toward the pivot). This, coupled with the significant net short in COT data and the confluence of other things mentioned above, led me to favor going short.

Made a similar trade on the same drop. Entered a bit below “optimal trade entry” (we should just start calling it OTE for short lol), and got out a bit before you did as well. Only bagged 50 pips, but still happy:)

According to my data, March Futures just became cheaper than June Futures for the first time since Jan 14th. Can we reverse the backwardation rule, ICT?

4Hr Flow now down, which is in line with C.O.T. Commercial’s position. USD Index turning up. Just waiting for my midnight Pivots to kick in then looking for a short entry.

EDIT: The Futures Contracts just turned back again in favor of a premium on the March contracts.

:slight_smile: Get your daily dose of Fiber today? PTC review later tonight.

GLGT

Don’t forget your homework…

Could somebody be so kind as to guide me through the best way to post screen shots?

Thanks.

Currently as I am looking at the Cable, the daily seems to be bullish with fractals but seems to have created a short-term high, while the 4H is bearish and could have possible created a short-term low, while the 1H seems to be bullish. I assume that althought the Daily and 1H is bullish, the 4H market flow is key and would look for short trades? Please correct me if I am wrong, which I’m sure I am.

Currently I am monitoring the 1.6230 level which is the ADR High as well as the Central Pivot. If price reaches it, I will be looking to short the Cable. Entry, TP and SL is currently unknown.

I am also looking for a scalp at the same time: If price reaches 1.6156 - 1.6165 area, I would expect the price to go up since it is at the the MS3 level as well as close to the ADR Low. Entry: 1.6157 SL: 1.6131 TP: 30% at 1.6196, 30% at 1.6207, 40% at 1.6228. Approx. 2:1 RRR

Edit: Hit SL, -2%… =/

Regards,
Clark

If you have 50 post you can upload them here, until then you cannot. However, the way I do it is simply take the screen shot, upload it to photobuck or image dump or your fav hosting service. Then you simply press the little image button when creating a post and enter the url. The image will appear in your post.