What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

make some more posts…

Hello, may I join in with this trade. It’s a confluence of R1, 50 fibo, 20 institutional, daily market flow. Sl is 30pips, tp1 at +30 tp2 1,6290 which is confluence of 1,27 fibo, BRN, S2 minus 10 pips. Limit order was placed around 1 am EST, a bit negative at the moment… Also COT is not a plus, but you can’t have it black or white right?

PS
THANK YOU
for your continuation of previous thread and top of the line material.

Finally am able to post, was getting some message about a token expiring or something…

Saw this trade earlier after a days bouncing around going nowhere (patience, patience as ICT says!!):

1. 4hr Flow now pointing down
  2. 61.8 retrace of the days high / low
  3. Exact confluence with the Daily Pivot
  4. COT down as stated in previous posts
  5. Near to yesterdays low
  6. 1.62 big number

Trade then hit the 1.27 extension of the days high / low - very nice!!

simply stellar , i wonder where i was lol

hi shandy,guys,
regarding COT, where do u get the reading pls - //small/large specs,commercial - like ict that had on the very bottom in his vid//
-just to make sure i am not regarding to the sentiment with possibility 2 b replaced with Williams percent range 14/

thx a lot in advance

heres a london close trade that happened today for a good 40 pips or so

the two red lines at the bottom indicate the estimated time the london close trade could happnen!

1. around 17:00GMT :slight_smile:

Good one shandy.

Just a quick question regarding the ADR, what should the settings be?

Regards,
Clark

For now use default

Please turn your attention to the first post of this thread for the link to today’s ICT PTC review. Fasten your seatbelts… it’s an Ace. :cool:

Now didn’t I promise you a “tip” for directional bias? It’s in this video… using the “Crosshairs” at the Session Opens and Closes. Anticipate a change in “sentiment” and look for your tools to line up with Time & Price.

What if we could take it a step further and have the High or Low’s actual “Price” in our hot greedy little mits at Midnight EST? How does that grab you for the next level of “Inner Circle” concepts?

:slight_smile: We are getting to the good stuff folks… the Brass Tacks.

~
GLGT

Hey ICT you are going to end up with your own group of turtle traders! :slight_smile:

woops, checkin the new vid out now!

Thanks Hordane for your time. Let’s see if this works.
I identified this opportunity early in the London session, and sat on my hands for a looooong time! Unfortunately while capturing the image it seems to have wiped off my labels, but the red arrows show entry, 30% profits, and 100% profits.

Entry consisted of Daily Pivot, 50% retracement from the previous day’s high, Real resistance (as opposed to implied) from the 16th and 17th Feb, and the institutional 1.6180.

Oh yeah, also 4H Flow down which lined up with Commercial C.O.T. net short position.

Exit consisted of 30% profits at MS1, and 100% at MS2 and the 138% extension from the London/NY swing high.
gbpusd1.gif picture by Alishijo - Photobucket
(Left click on the image to maximise and center)

I took two trades today, the first one was stopped out =/…and the second was just a quick scalp to make back the pips i lost ! :wink:

1st:

2nd:

WTG Six… nice recovery. :wink:

Im working on a real time webinar format to host live trading where you can see my screens real time and hear my thoughts as I set up for each session. I plan to have Monday night into Tuesday Morning and Thursday night into Friday Morning as my shared time for those of you able to trade and be awake during the London Open and New York Open.

The chat room is for any of you that want to meet and discuss set ups and such. I currently have little time to sit in as I am preparing a great deal of resources for this thread and my personal blog of which I have neglected but temporarily I might add.

Can’t help but repeat it here… stay tuned… it’s going to be really cool. :wink:

GLGT

Hi ICT, thanks again for taking the considerable time in putting together this great resource. If I fail as a trader I know it’s down to me but if I make it I will be eternally grateful for the few altruistic traders like yourself who share their hard earned knowledge for no personal gain. Just wow.:o

I’m understanding your concepts and working on improving my execution but I’m having some difficulty with [I]The Big Picture[I]. I’ve read it is interest rate speculation that drives the currency markets, as well as the big news events, but I know there’s much more to it. Can you explain why some of you concepts work like OTE or why the Asian session often produces the high or low for the day and why price tends to come back back towards a mid range when London closes (when the parameters align).

Here’s my symplistic reasoning, Asian traders are less risk averse, NY time zone traders are more conservative in general and OTE is like the elastic band analogy, when the market is trending and retraces, the market can only [I]bear[/I] to see price move in a counter trend direction up to the 62-79% area before it insists on continuing the trend?

I understand if this is beyond the scope of these tutorials but if you could give us newbies your view on why the market behaves as it does, as well as the excellent execution tools, it would really help my gestalt understanding.

Wow, live sessions - that will be great!! Only one word to describe it really - stoked!!

Shandy stole my reply.

My trade today was a short near the ADR high taken at 1.625, 30% taken off at +30, 30% off at R1, 20% off at the 1.27 extension, remainder was taken off at the 1.618 extension.

Thanks ICT! Made my weekly goal in 1 trade, I’m done for the week :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit:

What do I do with all this free time :confused::confused:

me ,aarnog, and wizard are in the ICT chat almost every night too around london open just incase your still looking for people in the chat! :wink: