What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I really think there is something to this asian range stuff…

price terrified to breakout from asian range. seek and destroy on the asian high/low…

Well she just broke below the asian range, so maybe she’ll pull back into it in the London close??
We’ll see…

Hey folks!

For those that might have missed it… last nights video highlighted in advance todays Fiber action… check it out approximately 32 minutes into the recording.

GLGT :57:

I posted some charts earlier in the day but I had to delete them for privacy sake as I realized the screen shots were showing private account details. Anyway, here is a shot taken on my demo platform and it is interesting to see the influence of Friday’s range (far left) on Cable the following week. I think it is particularly worthy of note that the Friday range, and the following Tuesday’s range, were consolidation ranges in Asia.

The Friday consolidation high was rejected with the Sunday candle, and during Monday’s New York Open. I believe the only reason it was penetrated (and penetrated with force), was due to the consolidation that took place during Tuesday’s Asian range. Here they were building positions to take out the Friday consolidation high. It is also interesting to note that this Tuesday consolidation occurred under the Friday Asian range.

Regards

At the onset of my exposure to Forex I would have attributed that sort of consistent precision to wizardry.

Now, it all makes perfect sense. Don’t be street money. If you are, we’re taking you out. Simple as that. 2012.

In MT4 if you go to:

File > Save Picture As… > Active Chart (as is)

That will take a screenshot only of the chart. I think the only thing it puts on the picture is a trademark at the bottom but all your account details will stay safe.

I’ll also add that if you’re using Windows 7, there’s a built-in tool called “Snipping Tool”. It allows you to capture [U]any[/U] portion of your screen by selecting the portion you’d like to capture.

It’s simple to use. Click on Start -> type in “Snipping Tool” -> press Enter

The cursor becomes a crosshair and you can proceed by selecting any portion of the screen you want. After you’ve selected what you want, it will automatically copy it into your clipboard (so you can paste it), or you can Save it as a file. I find it extremely useful.

Had a very busy last day before Christmas in the office; screen printing all the slides from the ICT videos! Haha

All bound and ready to read over before Christmas day :slight_smile:

I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t wait for 2012!!!

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Well I think this is going to be my last post before taking a much needed break over the holiday period. This is where I am at with my understanding:

The Asian session is where a lot of accumulation and distribution takes place, and one measure of this occurring is a tight range of consolidation. Fitting the other tools in line with this, if you see SMT divergence within the range, or prior to the range in the previous session, that is the ‘blip’ (huge neon sign/footprint in the snow) that we are looking for to take a stance for the remainder of the day. Bullish divergence for an up day, bearish divergence for a down day.

On an up trending day price is likely to come out of the range to get the break out artists on board, then pull back into the range for an OTE entry. The reason price goes back down for an OTE entry is to take the stops of the retail buyers before taking off. We can’t feel sorry for the retail buyers because they are acting in their own self-interest - they are prudently protecting their equity draw down by placing a stop loss under their long positions out of fear that they are wrong.

If you feel bad about jumping on the backs of those manipulating price, then all you have to do is say to yourself ‘the retail traders are trading one pattern, and we are just trading another (OTE)’. Our pattern is more consistently correct than theirs, and we have the greater insight gained through study and hard analysis (thanks ICT!)

In actual fact, the main insight here is that fear and greed has always driven the market, and will continue to do so for all eternity. Human beings don’t change: emotions dictate that traders will be fearful when price is going lower and thus bail out of losing positions, and will be greedy when price is going higher and try to jump on a rally (that is due to end). The patterns that we trade merely take advantage of this insight (…along with our knowledge of those wicked wicked Market Makers :wink:

What happens with the Judas swing is that greed comes into play and the retail traders chase price. They will prudently put their stop losses below their entries, and this is the reason price will turn sharply lower when it decides enough traders are on board. It wants to gun their stops. If you want to remain in denial about the ruthless element in all this, once again all you need to say is ‘they really don’t have an understanding of price, patterns, and higher time frame analysis, and therefore don’t deserve to win!’

We, on the other hand, can assume that a ‘Judas’ breakout is a false breakout as it doesn’t fit with our other analysis. Higher time frame analysis which includes the use of Market Structure, Market Flow, S&R, Trader’s Trinity, COT analysis and SMT divergences based on the ‘sisters’, US Indexes, Bond market all dictate a bias. These should always be our first point of reference, and these will prevent us from getting suckered into the ‘fear and greed’ plays, and keep us on the right side of the market.

Returning to the Asian range, we can see that it is the dynamo for the day’s action. The big boys hide out here, and the consolidations that take place at these times are meaningful. By looking at the price chart we can see that Asian consolidations are generally ‘defended’ on a retest. This is where we can pick up scalps multiple times a week when all of the other tools line up (Fibs, numbers, S&R), and this is how we consistently take pips out of the market. We can also take trend plays that are bouncing off Asian ranges when the high or low of the day has been ‘put in’, and use these levels to determine good places to take profits when in a trade.

I don’t have any more insights at this time, and so if they do exist then they will need to be spelled out to me in the coming videos. I have had an absolute blast in 2011, and I really look forward to working with you all in 2012.

Regards
Ali

dude that was an EPIC summary!

Only 2 more days to forexmas, can’t wait!

I Told You So - on TheInnerCircleTrader - live streaming video powered by Livestream

If you listen closely… you can hear my 6 year old snoozing in my lap :wink:

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

Awesome! :33:

Happy Belated Birthday!

just catching up after 2 day absence,that live stream with recording is a home run beside trades home runs :-)…
thx a lot for those…
merry Xmas to all,
tomorrow is THE DAY :slight_smile:

edit : when watching those vids, i d say i am holding the jade tighter or its getting clearer :slight_smile:

I think I have upset the wife a little. When asked what present Im looking forward to opening Christmas Day… apparently ICT’s videos were not what she had in mind… lol!

Exactly 24 hours to Go! :slight_smile:

the lyrics coincide with ‘‘one day’’ including the matter of it, that ICT does himself here, helping others :slight_smile:

Watch this… You will definitely share this…mp4 - YouTube

Well it’s already Xmas here in AUD land (fx injoke) and I’ve watched the first 5 vids, you guys a going to luv them I won’t spoil the ending for you … but they lived happerly ever after. jj

Happy XMAS to everyone and a prosperous New Year.

Wally

Hello to All and a special greeting to ICT our mentor.

I call myself Kays and i am from Ghana West Africa.Yeah thats how far ICT has become very popular.Let me start by saying that i am a complete newbie in this industry.About 5months ago while aimlessly surfing the internet i stumbled across a forex ad that claimed to turn $1000 into $100,000 in 6 months.I thought to myself this is my breakthrough, i will never be in need of money again!!! Well you know how it ended…

Without applying myself to knowledge and skill that is required of this business i plunged myself in myself in water through which electric current passed.I was badly ‘electrocuted’. I hastely dumbed my hard earned money that i have saved over a period of 2 years and created a live account with a broker after demoing for just a week.Within 2 months i had lost my whole investment of $4000 after going live.I know that is not much for most people here, but where i am coming from the average person can live on this income for one good year without ever working.So it was a terrible fustration, i was devasted and angry at myself and at the market(how foolish).Even more bitter was the fact that i became an object of ridicule from friends and families. I tried to read on forex as much as i can but the more i did the more confused i became. The thoughts of quitting came up into my mind but i always said to myself i need to get back my money that i have lost.

I have said to myself to start all over again. I have learned that to succeed in this business i would have to arm myself with the needed skill and learning.ICT provides these.I am so thankful to God for letting me discover this thread.Even though i am quite behind already i am sure i will catch up.I will ask as many questions that i possibly can whether they make sense or not in order to understand ICT’s concept.And am sure they would be welcomed by those that have been around for a while and those that understand the concepts already.

ICT thanks a lot for the opportunity you have offered all of us,Thanks for the unconditional dedication and selflessness that you attach to this project, it certainly is typical of a true mentor.

After watching the first 5 videos i want to ask my first question.

1. We have a lot of indicators in the traders resources on the first page, so starting out which indicator needs to be installed on my ,mt4 platform since i am starting out completely new?
  2. How do we know what each one does?

Thanks for reading my long post and thanks for the response!!!

Wally…
You live in Oz?
If so how do you plan on trading the London open while at work?
Unless you going full time next year??