What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

If I say no what happens…

Yes yoda, your backwards sentences make much sense now. Now to lift that x-wing out of the swamp.

LOL you got that through the text!

That’s great! :slight_smile:

If your reply is No then we set up camp and build a tent and work on it more detailed.

I can’t determine how effective my mentoring is without feedback.

1 Like

First time you connected the judas swing/asian range concepts, I just instantly saw the goldmine in it. Can’t wait for 2012!!!

I’ve had this feeling before, and I know I’m drowning in new material (or will be soon), so I’m trying to really really digest the material before I go crazy on the market. But man… I’ve got such an upgrade in my arsenal these past few weeks, it’s going to be insane. Plus I got a Shield now too, that might come in handy :slight_smile:

Now the fun part… Go back through my first thread and my posts… What you have was cryptic form intended for you to discover it as I did. Its in that first thread. We just amplified it here.

I am AMPED. These past few releases are starting to tie knots together, just as AK said our arsenal has been upgraded. Our armour is busy being shined

Honestly, even though I see the concepts when they are presented to us all, I came to realize, after almost 3 weeks surfing through this thread and watching the videos in the same sequence, that this type of trading starts to be effective (at least it’s what I think nowadays) when you look daily to the market, over and over for a few months. Amazed how akeakamai got the feeling for the event of today on the cable. It denotes dedication, but it also proves that you got to be around for a while to see this things popup from the charts.

I’ve not seen the new videos you’ve been releasing last days ICT, but I will get there, and i do believe that they will proof to be awsome tools to have and use in the upcoming year!

For now, I’m still scratching my head for what happened today, cause as told above, I had my bias setted up for longs…still on the side of the 90% huh?! :rolleyes:

MB

I have to say, I do wonder if today’s move is to get the street money back in short and take all the stops out.

COT chart shows the commercials at a 4 year extreme for longs.

Let’s see how this unfolds…

I dont mind to sit in that camp for little longer… :slight_smile:
burned with 40 pips (on demo) minutes before the seminar today… just got back from work, put the charts on and see an enormous slide on all dollar related pairs… pull a quick fib on cable from larger swing and see price is resting right on the ‘‘sweet spot’’ (around 1.5520), so I go long immediately with the thought: ‘‘it fall that far, its time to go back’’… was targeting 1.5650, quick 130 pips I thought :slight_smile:

two quick questions Michael if u dont mind me asking, in regards to today’s action:

1. how many pips the ‘‘judas swing’’ normally is, any min or max parameters?.. I guess 20pip is the absolute minimum to qualify for a ‘‘swing’’, but whats the maximum, 40, 50, 60 pips?
  2. is that ‘‘judas swing’’ will happen late in the day (as today) often or this is rather exception? asking, because even if I was watching the charts today, would’ve missed the move, the ‘‘judas swing’’ dint occur until late in the london session and wasnt very clear entry signal for short, and you teach us to shoot only in the kill zones…

thanks in advance
:41:

Mbras… You have to experience being the Street Money and live there for a period to know you never want to retire there.

Relocation is just a short time away.

GLGT :57:

smt tool - some time after it was introduced, it took appropriate time to sink in 2 b second nature and since then i was doing my counters quite successfully. but as u mentioned, those 10-20 pips? there is more,and i want those ‘‘more’’ that u aim for,all these high octane tools,i am familiar with them by now as the concept is blending in with the ingredients u’ve been spooning to us along the journey,meaning,when u explain i am not scratching my head,i am with u, even occasionally seeing what u gonna do or say…it all narrows down to one great ultimate concept,and i know i am holding that JADE in my hand, knowing how the nature of the story works,i aint letting go
great thx

George you hit it on the head…

When the dealers toss you a green stone and it’s a Judas Swing… The response I am looking for it… “That’s not Jade”

That’s 2012 catch phrase Babypipsters… “That’s not Jade”.

:57:

Sure I can understand that they want to lower the fiber, but if the cable is more bullish then why did it get hit for 230+ pips today vs the fiber’s 160 pip drop? It would’ve been significantly more profitable to short GU today…

undoubtedly catchy and telling :slight_smile:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36328-what-every-new-aspiring-forex-trader-still-wants-know-531.html#post300291

It really was love at first sight, haha

I’ve just watched the Exploring the Asian Range vid for the second time and there is something that I’m just not getting. At 16:51, ICT says “this day, there was accumulation on the long side”. How can you see that accumulation was on the long side? Ditto on the CHFJPY chart at 22:52, how do you see that short or long positions are being accumulated? If anyone could explain this I would be most grateful.

Thanks - PipBit.

Great video as always. It really helps emphasize the point where catching big moves are a must to stay alive in this market for the long term. Although it seems like a very simple concept, I’ll admit that I didn’t give it the importance it deserved and found myself settling for small moves. My mentality was: At the end of the day, a win is a win. What I failed to realize, and so aptly pointed out in the Handling Losses/Risk Management videos, is that strings of losses are inevitable. So logically, if you’re only settling for small gains you may find yourself just bobbling around breakeven (unless your win % is astronomical).

This got me thinking, what’s a better probability AND less demanding? Having an astronomical win % to offset losses or have a respectable win % and catching large moves? Obviously, the latter. It makes total sense and is the smoother road toward profitability.

On a side note, I’ve been supplementing my learning by watching Larry Williams’ The Future Millionaires Trading Courses. As Michael had recently pointed out, this marked the “beginnings of ICT.” I recommend anyone who wants to aid their understanding of various concepts presented by Michael to take a look, it’s worth it. Coupled with all the info presented here, it may help traders solidify their grasp on their understanding of divergences, daily ranges, and the bigger picture.

ICT has taken many of these concepts further and developed new ones as illustrated in his numerous videos. For this, I salute him and would like to acknowledge all the work he has put in to help us further our adventures in Forex. Thanks again, Michael.

Happy Holidays to all.

When ICT talks about accumulation and distribution I believe he is talking about the SMT divergence…

The exact words from the first post that ICT told us to reread…

“So what if you were to be able to look at your charts and “really see” the Smart Money accumulating a currency, right before it rallys up 100-200 pips? What if you were able to actually “see behind the curtain” when the Smart Money is distributing a currency, right before price slides lower 100-200 pips?” The InnerCircle Smart Money Tool

I totally agree the videos are bombastic after all this teaching …
I advise …it´s worth it…
Thanks ICT

Hi, everyone. Anyone knows the fundamental reason for the GBP/USD landslide on the 28th.Just wondering. Happy holidays everyone.