What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Hi Jaroon,

As I understand it (from ICT’s videos), once we break a previous fractal high/low, the market flow changes to that direction.

See the chart I have included. At the yellow line, we break the previous fractal low. This makes me think MF on the 4H was in fact down…what do you think?

I actually stayed out of cable for this very reason, and instead traded the nice S1 bounce on the fiber.

In any event, it was a good trade to pick up those 37 pips!

Hello, took limit order trade today which resulted in loss. Order was placed because of these confluences

1. PDL which is also a clear S/R level;
  2. 50 fib
  3. Institutional 80 level
  4. R1 pivot level
  5. Market flow of 4h daily ( am I wrong with 4h?)

Sl standard 30, tp was tricky… 6270 was used and abused so odds of breaking level where higher than bouncing from it, or am I wrong (again) ?

After that came a very optimal entry at 6250 which was missed due to university time… Would really like some feedback on tps and trade generally.

For learning process what do you thing is a better way to go for a person who works during all 3 trading times:

A: Placing limit orders in the morning ~ 1am EST
B: Hindsight review of the day after work
C: Both (is the limit orders worth the time?)

Ps you can delete/edit posts with unnecessary stuff for keeping it clean;
Pps chart good?

Hi apmonster, yup I think you’re correct, as the grey arrow hadn’t traced apparently it doesn’t exist in my book lol.

I traded an R1 bounce on fiber this morning for another 36 pips, only .5% because I wasn’t too sure and wasn’t able to monitor the trade but what a great day. I’d better call it quits before I get carried away.

Hey ICT

I actually took that long trade you described in the video for a quick 20 pips. Awesome to know we are looking at the same thing! I took profit at the previous swing high though and didnt catch that big move.

Really getting a lot out of the live examples.

Thanks

Goran

Well, u got the right idea…

Hi ICT,

Tonight’s video was a gem!

I could swear you’re reading my mind. The discussion of the multiple SPECIFIC trading setups in any given day was very timely for me, as well as the importance of not trading in “no-man’s land”.

Also, thanks for really hammering home the point about longer term S/R, and market flow (hey, some of us are a little slow!)

And I must say I had a good little chuckle over the “cycle of a loser”. While I have managed over time to beat most of those habits out of myself, I can certainly remember a time when that was me exactly!

Again, a big thanks to you for all you are doing for myself and the many other traders who must be enjoying your material.

Hmmm, strange day today for picking the right direction on GU I think. Based on yesterdays PTC video we’re still looking for longs because the Daily flow is up (although I thought we were mean to use the 4hr??), of which there were a couple of opportunities, yet ended up being a down day, so the real opportunities were the short setps in the end. Should we have know that??

On a side-note, something I’ve been observing for a while now is whether a break of the Asian high / low gives any clue to the days direction. Seems this year so far if price breaks the high / low by a significant amount i.e. at least 20 - 25 pips then it is likely to retrace and continue in that direction, today being a good example. If it’s less than that i.e. 10 - 20 pips then it seems to be stop run and price will end up heading the other way (18th Feb a good example of this). However the end of last year this seemed to be less relevant, although price in Nov / Dec was all over the place I thought. Will continue to observe this and see if it holds true over the coming weeks anyway…

that video puts alot of things in perspective for me. I see how it only requires me to see a certain time of the day to look for a trade. I used to be in here every day and all hours of the night. I went over the last week or so and it looks like it holds up. The eurusd went up right on time at new york crosshairs and 50 pips in the bank. haha yes

The Asian Range is a concept I have material on and intend to share… it does have a great impact on the Daily range.

Stay tuned…

:wink:
GLGT

Did anyone notice the short from the level we used in the most recent PTC video? What unfolded?

:o:cool:

Draw a Fib from yesterday’s London High to New York’s Low, and that gives you OTE during the Asian session (retest of R2 and that same high). Draw the Fib again from bottom to top, and one exit would be the 138.2 extension, today’s MS2, and the 1.6150 figure. The other being the 200 extension, ds3, and the 1.6080 figure.

feb23rdshort.gif picture by Alishijo - Photobucket

110-170 pips!!!

Bingo! :wink:

Bingo is pure luck, this is skill and knowledge :wink: Thanks again ICT.

Are your candles inverted? Or am I going blind?

Hey everybody,
I have a quick question.

When I try to convert the London Open, NY Open and London Close, I get 1am-3am, 8am-10am, 10am-12:00pm EST respectively. Somehow I get the London Open and NY Open late by 1 hour while the London Close is in line with ICT’s previous video.

Can anybody find what I am doing wrong? I’m checking world clocks, and I just can’t seem to match up with ICT’s and I’m sure most of your guys’ times. Is it because we have to wait 1 hour into London Open and New York Open?

PS. My time is GMT - 7:00 (Mountain Time)

Edit:
I think I may have figured out my problem, but would like some clarification. I have always assumed that the 4 different sessions opened and closed at 8:00am-5:00pm local time. Could someone lead me to the correct times the 4 sessions open and close in their local time?

Regards,
Clark.

According to ICT, we are looking at 2am-4am EST for the London open. This would mean the open is actually at 3am EST, but we are looking for opportunities 1hr before and 1hr after the open. NY open would be at 8am EST, but we should be looking for opportunities AFTER the big news events have messed around with the markets, thus, 8:30am - 9:30am EST. London close opportunties would present themselves between 10am-12pm EST.

I hope this is what you wanted to know. I was little confused with your request. Don’t forget you need to know where your broker is based in order to convert those times accurately.

P.S. As ICT said, there are no strict times when a session opens and closes, just times when it is likely that London traders and NY traders will be sitting down to their desks. Hey, if there is a Tube strike in London, you might want to be looking for opportunities later than those parameters suggest…LOL!

Oh I see, so the 2 hour range is not exactly on the two opens?
I understand the concept behind the London Open, but if we were to give time for the New York open to settle after news releases doesn’t that mean if we were to wait 1 hour, we would monitor the NY open from 9-11am EST (Since, from my understanding, NY opens at 8:00am EST)?

Edit: In ICT’s recent video, he stated that NY open is 7:00am to 9:00am EST, is this also to give 1 hour before and 1 hour after the open at 8:00?

My broker has GMT.

Thank you Alishijo. :slight_smile:

London Session:

Fiber & Cable both put in tradable shorts with OTE present on both swings.

I’ve remained flat on the sidelines since yesterday. I traded the Fiber long twice in New York Session and just watched the London Session play out this morning. Cable was soft as the video hinted at two days again on the Spike up in the Crosshair tutorial video… whether this is the “top” for an intermediate term swing down… remains to be seen.

I hope this week we learned some new tips and techniques you can apply to your trading next week. I will be joining you all by way of the Saturday night ICT Pro Traders Club and wish you a pleasant weekend and as always… Good Luck & Good Trading! :wink:

Here is one of the best list available for market hours.

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_market_opening_times]List of market opening times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Won’t let me post link - so add the usual h*tp: in front

Thanks Alexk721 =) I will check that out.

I found a Period Separator indicator that may help others if anybody is interested. One can set the day open and close as NY Midnight.

http://www.fxtradeblog.com/dloads/periodsep.zip

I hope no body minds if I post it here.

Another question for ICT, (Sorry I’m a little slow with time… =P)
Since we monitor NY Midnight to Midnight Pivots, Shouldn’t the ADR also be set to New York time as well?

Regards,
Clark