What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Hi Mel

I believe it’s not a case of it been made on Tuesday, rather it will be made between Sundays open and the LO on Tuesday.

I have attached a slide which gives more details.

GL & GT

Hi BeginTheCity,

Thanks for your reply. It seems like I have misunderstood this topic about the weekly high/low.
Anyway, I am taking notes of it now, thx again.
Mel

Well, downmove started before NYO and there was a nice upmove in LO. NYO often behaves like LO, so a little retracement is possible and one more OTE during NYO. Seems to happen right now.

Pink line was my first TP and happened to be the first turning point too. I move my SL from break even (green line) a little upwards again, because break even would be a nice OTE again would have entered there again anyway. Even if my “new” SL gets hit, i still made some pips.

Edit: Bearish candle incoming. Hopefully price reaches my TP2 at 1.27018…

I actually had the same question in mind as MEL but Big InTheCitys answer does not satisfy me;)

So there I go, my first day of demo trading with ICTs principles;) and after a throughout analysis I basically came up with similar stuff than MEL, BUT on the cable instead.
It was a thing of beauty, as I could see the Judas Swing unfold. I even told my wive exactly what I predict, even if she doesn’t really care about it;)
I mean it was all lining up so perfectly. I has zero doubt that the OTE of the Judas will set up around the 1.5450 figure, a sposted in my last post…
It went up there eventually, reversed, and reversed again into a lovely OTE (and it touched the sweet spot several times, so that even I managed to get filled;)

then I crashed in bed (as Im having a heavy fever) and just woke up again to see that nothing happened so far;) my trade is still on…ranging around my entry point;) Obvisously we still have NYO coming up and maybe it will finally get where I thought it would - and I used all my Jedi mind tricks on it, to make sure it will really go there;) we will see;)

But then I started realizing something… SO now we know that since we are in a downtrend, we have reason to expect for the high of the week to be formed within the first half of this week - In other words, I am expecting for price to head up there soon! AND STILL I am entering short trades?

I did notice that in comparison to other days, we probably have rather a small range day today, but I figured, I can still make some pips (and by 18.00gmt I will know;))

But this is setting up kind of a paradox in my mind, and I don’t want my system to freeze;)
Would be grate if someone, maybe even the chief rocker ICT himself, could throw me, and others who are unsure about this, yet another bone;)

Lets see what NY has up its sleeve for us;)

happy trading
fredy

humm hummm,

The Euro left without me… I have spotted an SMT divergence. Euro is making lower lows while GU is making higher Lows,
However even if my analusis for eur is almost the same for GU, Gu didn’t reach the OTE yet but we are close.
I will post myGU analysis in a minute.

Even though we may expect price to move up in the first portion of the week, if price moves into a strong sell position such as an ote or sell portion of pivots, etc our analysis will be more valid than a buy program even if we expect price to go up for the first to days because key resistance is more effective if we expect price to move down.

I have been reviewing the fiber and cable during the down move, and the fiber especially respects fridays azn range if it opens lower on sunday/monday then moves up. As u guys have posted; a nice ote has formed and price is again respecting that range in the current sell program. Hope you all capture some pips!

Already posted my weekly analysis earlier on the thread. Looking for sells…

Price came up to the mid point of the OTE range just after 3:00 EST, right at previous days asian range low, MR1. Sold at 1.2766…not as ballsy to wait til the 79% like some of y’all : )…just took 40% off at 30 pips, SL to BE and will hold the rest til LC.

Good start to the week for a lot of us it sounds like. Cheers.

Matty

I think you mean GU making higher lows?

Here is my analysis for GU

-Market flow is bearish
-Market Structure is bearish
-We are in a trending Market Profile
We are in a Sell Programme

-Market is trading above the Sunday’s Open Price

I see a Higher TF resistance around 1. 5500 wich is also a round number
I have 1H Supply between 1.5510 and 1. 5477
Friday’s Asian range is within those areas.
We have an OTE within the levels.

At the moment we also have SMT divergance.
We are approching the levels so we’ll see

Mel

Matty, i’m new to this thread and i have a question. So I missed the OTE during the london session. To get the NY OTE, do I fib the most recent swing high to low established around LO? Sorry for the stupid question, i’m new to this and wanted to demo the concepts this week. Thanks

Yes you are right, I have edited my posts.
Thank you for Swallowtail

Good job to us… cmon bears, slam it down! :smiley:

y u not fall?

SMT is confusing me today. It seems to be having signals on both sides, bullish and bearish. Still keeping my short open as I have other things supporting it…but this SMT, plus the William% showing oversold on both weekly and daily … its kinda scary. Good thing I only risked 0.5% :wink:

Edit…OK … that’s more like it, seems that it is finally dropping :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
After watching yesterday’s video, I think I’m gonna wait till Tuesday LO to go short (unless market flow changes).
Today’s up move looked good however, I’m only going for 1-2 trades per week MAXIMUM.
So far I’m in the +. Will wait till Tuesday.
Those brave souls in the market now, I wish you good luck since you already have the skill (taught by ICT).

Outstanding! 87% voted on I Found This Thread A Great Resource.

For me I’m gonna wait till Wednesday. I feel luck comes into play.

All things are difficult before they are easy.

As a wise individual once said: “In my experience, there’s no such thing as luck” :wink:

A quick question about risk management:

What happens if you continue to make losses once you have reduced risk down to 0.5%? Would you keep risk at 0.5% until you have mitigated half the losses on the 1% trade plus the cumulative total of all 0.5% trades?

Assuming an account of $1,000 dollars, and a string of 6 losses, your account would stand at $950. Would you wait until you had traded back up to $975 before you moved risk back to 1%?

I’m not trying to tempt fate, just preparing for the worst :wink:

Regards
Ali

Im waiting at around 1.2700 heading for 1.2800 just watching and with rifle loaded! maybe not a head shot
but a good lesson for patience:13: