What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Anyone in Ghana trading ICTs methods?

I saw the conflicting SMT also. I rationalized it that SMT is meaningful when you bring prior S/R into the equation. EU is seeing resistance at Fridayā€™s Asian range. GU hadnā€™t reached the Friday Asian range. I saw EU being influenced by S/R, but not GU. Hence, would interpret as bearish divergence.

If we were near a support level, I would give credence to the bullish divergence.

ict is prodcasting right now, live trading lol:)

exactly the same trade i toke same entry same goal lol lol lol :):):slight_smile:

abasih, where is ICT prodcasting?

TheInnerCircleTrader - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Hello Liftoff,

I have been lurking around this forum for the past 4months and taking my time to learn ICTā€™s universal trading methods.So far so good.Still catching up with the videos though.So where are you in ghana?You wanna link up? I think it will be greatā€¦
By the way i am in tema.

Let me know.

Thx Pippy, unfortunately Iā€™m at work and canā€™t watch it. Is it going to be recorded?

OT: i was wondering how would i summarize todays market action and came up with that short video

Doakes throws a surprise party for Dexter - YouTube

My pleasure.
Not sure if its recorded, weā€™ll see !

The cable didnā€™t tank today. The SMT divergence shows it didnā€™t make a lower low on my H1 charts before the LO last night.
Consider that and that today is the 3rd business day on the lower fractal. I also checked the monthly and lower time frames trinity and the cable didnā€™t break the trinity just yet

Thanks ambtn

Iā€™m not suggesting that the GU tanked. Iā€™m looking at the 15m chart and was using it to confirm an entry for a sell on the fiber.

At 11:45GMT, EU 15m candles were making higher highs while the GU was failing to do so. So I entered short on the EU.

I took my first phase of profit at 30 pips, and letting the rest mature.

As I monitored the trade, the GU started making higher highs while the EU wasnā€™t. Bearish divergence. Additionally, the EU was making lower lows, while the GU wasnā€™t. So higher lows.

Hence, conflicting divergence.

So the question I posed to myself as managing the tradeā€¦Do I anticipate the bullish divergence or bearish divergence to win out. Since EU was retesting last fridayā€™s Asia range, and with the higher highs that GU made, it was testing the low end of the asia range too, I decided to give credence to the bearish divergence over the bullish.

GU didnā€™t tankā€¦but it did some 40-50 pips off the daily high at this point. So not tankingā€¦but certainly not bullish either. I used it as a filter to stay in my trade. Not that Iā€™m looking for a tanking GU as a result.

Alsoā€¦Many of us here are treating the up move out of Asia as a judas swing due to the timeframe the move started. Interestingly, this is a 108 pip move and today certainly looks to be closing as an ā€œupā€ day, where many of us are profitable being short. This ā€œJudasā€ swing was a large move by most judas swing standards. Usually, on a sell day judas, there is ADR range left below the Asia session for it to be a bear candle. So by the bearish divergence, I guess it might be more correct to say I was anticipating the upward expansion to stop, not that I was, or am, expecting price to drop like a rock through the asia range because of the size of this upswing.

But very interestingā€¦today will almost certainly be a bull candle. But a lot of us made money by being short.

Patienceā€¦waitā€¦sniper shot.

GLGT

Question on Sunday candles.

Right now, Iā€™m demo trading with FXCM. They have Sunday candles on daily charts. Does forex.com demo have them?

Reason for askingā€¦On the GUā€¦Fridayā€™s low was not breeched by Sunday or today. So I have a fractal appearing on the GU daily. however, If I didnā€™t have SUnday candles, it would be until tomorrow that a fractal could form. It seems Sunday candles could have a big impact on market structure in certain conditions.

How many other have sunday daily candles, versus none?

The Asian Session Indicator:

Is anyone else getting different levels from the Asian Session Indicator when they change time-frames (eg 1hr to 15min)?

Yea, that sounds about right ; )

Hey Mike,

good luck with the live trading. gives everyone like me the inspiration to stick with this and hopefully one day I can think about going live. Iā€™m learning at a very slower rate then many others on here. But I dont mind.
Hope you dont mind me asking but how did you demo trading go and were you only trading the london open?

agreed.

What i was trying to insinuate (and did a bad job) was that there was no clear direction and the signs were pointing northbound, rather than southbound. If you do a trace from the low to the high, youā€™ll find that GU is right now at or near the 75% OTE for a bullish trade.

Having said that, Iā€™m a bit weary of going bullish on a trade with cable while Iā€™m bearish on fiber.

Answered by a FXCM Rep check last page
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/39634-pure-price-action-dummies-102.html

Did you happen to check what the USDX was doing at this time

I dont have that indi but would like it

Originates here:

CompassFX | MetaTrader 4.0 Custom Indicators