What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Nice to see a lot of us are coming up with similar analysis.

The Judas Swing video has helped me a fair bit.

Shorted the Fiber @ 1.27800 which was pretty much right at the swing high just after London Open.
My pivots showed it was @ R1 too, Pulled 26 pips out of it as I had to go to bed & decided the price action wasn’t very strong & it was fluffing about, bounced off the CPP etc. I’m happy with that :57:

Thanks. I dont care what they say about you. Your alright man

This would be great…but I don’t have an ‘options’ under my file menu. Maybe I need a new download.

[B]Babypips has a NEW ABSOLUTE RECORD!!![/B]

[B]NICE!!![/B]

Best regards

[I]“Me quedaré, me quedaré, [B]siempre cubano[/B] me quedaré…”[/I]

Michael, thank you for todays live session. I don’t think words can express what i’m feeling right now so i won’t even try. God bless you and your family. You are the reason that we are here!

Don Miller’s collection of Trader Motivation Videos: CLICK CLICK

Kind of off-balance right now after that live session (in a good way).

Pay it forward :35: Pay It Forward Day

So, I took profits on my fiber short at 30 pips and moved my stop to break even @ 1.2766. Price proceeded to retrace to 1.27666 on my feed and then drop back down. UGH! Oh well…this does frustrate me incredibly, but I’m trying to take my emotions out of trading, and I gotta realize this is gonna happen occasionally. I just try to think “what would ICT do?” and I concluded that he would shrug it off and say, “Oh well, it happens. Ill get it back later.” I’m trying to fight my urge to move my S/L up five or ten pips when I’m watching it and saying, “I KNOW its gonna go down farther, just move the S/L and you’ll
catch the move when it turns eventually.”

I think I know the answer, but do you guys ever move your S/L? I don’t ever plan on moving my INITIAL SL, but what about if you move it to BE, do you ever adjust your adjusted SL? Or do you simply approach it as, I moved my SL, and I will only move it again to lock in more profit?

Also, if I would have gotten a better fill this morning, I wouldn’t have been stopped out. So i’m trying to see how I could’ve got a better entry. But as I was sitting there watching price move above the 62% retracement line, price was already slightly above Friday’s Asian session low, so I was thinking it would reverse at any time. I didn’t have the guts to hold til the 79%, which would’ve worked out better obviously. What mindset are you guys taking to get in when you did (those of you that sold around 1.2780)? Are you simply intent on waiting for the 79% no matter what? Cause I was afraid I would miss the move down and thought the asian low would provide resistance. I know 1.2780 is an institutional #, but to me the Asian low would provide a more likely reversal point/resistance than just the institutional #…Thoughts?

Finally, even as price moved down, from my entry, it didn’t move down convincingly. I went to bed and when I got up around NYO, price still hadn’t move down a whole lot. I was thinking about taking off my whole position at 30 pips, but instead opted to leave it on til LC, which ultimately lead to me being stopped out. Just wondering if you guys adjust your profit taking strategy for LO trades when you don’t see it move down convincingly, like today when price bounced around CPP. I remember michael saying he knows very quickly that his trades are successful after his entries are filled…thoughts?

Thanks.

Matty

You protected your capital, that’s what’s important. Also, there will be plenty more opportunities in the future. I think that’s what ICT would say lol

On the Fiber:

With the way the current market is, what’s the likelihood that tonight is going to be a S&D session? The Stops are right above 1.2784 and below 1.2719. Looks like we’re entering range bound action into the Asian Session between this session H&L.

I stick to what I do. When I have moved my S/L to lock in profits, I stick to it. I do review the way I do it and am willing to change the way I lock in profits, but not after having done at least 20 trades doing that so that I have a minimal sample size to draw any useful conclusions upon.

Also, if I would have gotten a better fill this morning, I wouldn’t have been stopped out. So i’m trying to see how I could’ve got a better entry. But as I was sitting there watching price move above the 62% retracement line, price was already slightly above Friday’s Asian session low, so I was thinking it would reverse at any time. I didn’t have the guts to hold til the 79%, which would’ve worked out better obviously. What mindset are you guys taking to get in when you did (those of you that sold around 1.2780)? Are you simply intent on waiting for the 79% no matter what? Cause I was afraid I would miss the move down and thought the asian low would provide resistance. I know 1.2780 is an institutional #, but to me the Asian low would provide a more likely reversal point/resistance than just the institutional #…Thoughts?

I was selling at market into the 3rd push 10:10 GMT candle and got filled 1.27789; went appr. 6 pips against me. I was watching price closely from the time it went into the OTE area. I was waiting to get in on a last push; almost got it. The idea behind it was to get in as high as possible, because of the pivot at 1.2810 already being 30 pips away. For a 30 pip stop, 1.2790 would have been better, but too far out of the OTE area for my liking. It didn’t quite match, hence my market entry. If it would have matched, I’d have entered with a limit.

Finally, even as price moved down, from my entry, it didn’t move down convincingly. I went to bed and when I got up around NYO, price still hadn’t move down a whole lot. I was thinking about taking off my whole position at 30 pips, but instead opted to leave it on til LC, which ultimately lead to me being stopped out. Just wondering if you guys adjust your profit taking strategy for LO trades when you don’t see it move down convincingly, like today when price bounced around CPP. I remember michael saying he knows very quickly that his trades are successful after his entries are filled…thoughts?

I think it is better to mechanically take off part of the position at 30 pips, move S/L to B/E and let it run until NYO/LC/1800/ADR fulfilled/fibs/etc. or be stopped out at B/E, OR use another exit strategy like moving the stop beyond a previous pivot point. Do this at least 20 times, and review all trades to find out if there would have been a more efficient way of taking profit. That way you operate acc. to a plan and the emotion is (or should be…) in the backseat. Also, because you have a mechanical approach, you will be able to compare apples to apples. Over time the experience will come to support the gut feeling.

My 0.20 units of the fiat money of your choice :44::22:

ICT, you going to post the recording of today’s live session? I would like to review it since I was at work during the fun.

Thanks

Just a quick question guys and gals, on your preferred trading platform… what was the highest price at 14:30 today on Cable…I have a 10 pip difference on mine! Looking at the fibre same time comparing both platforms… I have a 3 pip difference… but man… 10 pips… ffs. Did anyone else get a high of 1.54688 ?

Same here.

Oanda: 1.54689
Forex ltd: 1.5458

I’ve been watching multiple broker feeds lately and doing my analysis on each one.

ICT your latest what do you see on livestream was surprise enough with the sell day template; you didnt also have to try and blow my ears off! :smiley:

I have a high of 1.54685 with SmarttradeFX demo.

1.54687 on fxcm

Hmm… Its Tuesday… And there’s a fractal on my cable daily chart…

I think I got my bias for LO tonight…

Waiting for LO as well, I’m in EST so another 7 hours to go :slight_smile:

Yah its scary accurate as you go back and look at em. EVERYONE GET SHORT :wink:

As a side note guys; ICTs little hint of the judas presenting in different killzones happened if you look at fridays LC. Nice amount of consolidation and then sunday presented a spike down presenting smt divergence and azn session ote. just scroll back. Kinda cute.

Oh baby