What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I already have a fractal because of the Sunday candle :o

The way I see it is that the price can meander any which way it wants up into this Resistance. By zoning in on selective “kill zones” and using time and price theory we can limit our stop losses and trade with better odds. Also, who knows what price will do from now until then, but assume that we will trade up to there by LO, there is gonna be a lot of traders that come on and see the same level. Just my take. Thoughts?

Well its to close to call right now for me. I really want to go short GU at LO but I just cant do everything I see tells me to go long. If you look at the usdx daily it made a higher high. EU made a lower low but GU did not. We are sitting in the buy area for both monthly TT and TT. All my pivots are pretty much in there happy spot. But on both the EU and GU if you draw fibs from last weeks low to last weeks high. Both pairs are sitting dead on OTE for a buy. As I am not used to trading this Demo trading tonight for sure to see what happens.

Yeah, that’s my thoughts exactly. I HAVE tried to trade with that mindset but it has failed me more often than not, so I’m trying to wait until a setup forms, not trading the anticipatory formation of a set up.

Matty

ICT said don’t force the concepts onto the charts, let them appear and use them.
if you go long now until resistance, what concept are you using? none at this point.

EDIT: SMT divergence is appearing for me on Hourly charts, fiber making lower highs, cable making higher highs

[B]ICT, great videos im watching them one by one and re watching. I can let the figures talk for themselves and since watching your videos i have increased my account by 10% in a week and a half…the challenge now is to keep doing it.
Im just wondering/ hoping your ‘MARCH TO A MILLION’ will still be taking place in Feb? If anyone else knows that would be great also. [/B]

Let’s add some quick USDX analysis here.

Looks like we’re at a short term S/R level per 4-hr chart. Provided the line holds up, this could favor bearish moves in Cable & Fiber pairs. Just another thing to throw into the brewing pot of ideas.

Thanks for the kind words, azadali.

I am seeing glimmers of hope with my trading, and just want others to know that feeling :slight_smile:

I have been trying to make trading work for me for a few years now, with all the usual ups and downs - until I found this thread, and since then I have been a lot more consistent. “Demo” for me has actually been a very small live account - started at $50AUD about 4 months ago. I managed to trade it up to $108 before Christmas, and it now sits slightly off that figure. I was a little slack with my risk at times, but nothing too crazy.

And yes, I trade only the London open.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

can’t access TheInnerCircleTrader - live streaming video powered by Livestream at this time?!
did anyone record yesterday’s live session and is willing to share it?

Fredy

[B]Cable tonight could be interesting:[/B]

We are approaching the 1.55 figure, where R1 also lies, as does OTE. This is ALSO inside friday’s Asian range.

And it’s Tuesday London open…

[B]edit:[/B] AND this price action would represent a Judas swing, should it come to fruition.

Can anyone hear a train coming? :smiley:

I’ve noticed this as well but what’s putting me off is current price for Cable & Fiber are in, or close to the “fair value” zone for the Traders Trinity… any thoughts?

EDIT Well the cable is close to fair value, Fiber is a way off…

That fair value line could be a level of S/R as well, especially when there’s a confluence of sorts.

In Cable, there’s a confluence of the lower fair value line and the Asian range high.

edited. change my mind :slight_smile:

I’m looking for a short on the fiber at 1.28 level which consequently is also OTE from the recent high of 3 trading days ago until now. All the signs, including the TT point southbound. Additionally, there’s even a SMT divergence on the 30 minute charts between the USDX and the Cable to the Fiber. Plus, the 1.28 level is also close to R1 of today’s Pivot Point.

The last time the Fiber was climbing it’s way back to 1.28 level after sinking below it, it wasn’t an easy climb back in September of 2010. It tested 1.28 level several times and after several unsuccessful rallys did it finally go on a tear. I don’t see that happening this time with the market sentiment being so bearish.

Finally, if you look at the Monthly TT and do an extension, the 200.0 Fib level is still a ways off.

its seems to me that cable will go up… It fails to go lower.

1 hourly candle nearly took out the asian range

LOL yeah watching it has me re-considering my short limit sitting at 1.5497

yeah :slight_smile: seeing it. This situation where actually i don’t really understand whats going on :slight_smile: hate it. But hoping after looking at it long enough, i’ll start seeing.

Looks like the level might have been 1.5480 - This was MR1 & institutional level. I had hoped price would have enough push to reach the big figure and R1, but looks like it just didn’t have quite enough steam.

Although OTE could still present itself…

Tomorrow is another day!

[B]edit:[/B] In at 1.5479 OTE. Stop @ 1.5494 - 10 pips above London high.

[B]edit 2:[/B] Stopped out. Should’ve waited for the big figure after all.

Really need to work on the discipline. If my analysis says 1.55, [B]TRADE 1.55![/B]

Waiting for OTE for both swings on fiber and cable. Cable is retracing a bit and might fill sweet spot and go down.

If it not happens we still have NewYork open aswell as tommorow and day after and day after and day after… :slight_smile:

Got stopped out on cable. What did i do wrong here?
Both trades to the toilet :frowning: