What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

So any ideas for a LC trade?

At least I will be able to trade that :slight_smile:

Ok. Dumb question. How do you split possitions on MT4? Iā€™ve tried buying when iā€™m currently short, so that way i could take half of the profit. But that doesnt work. So guys, how can i take 30%;20%;50% of my current trade off? :slight_smile:

of what weā€™ve seen so far today, this should be a reversal day with high already nailed in NYO, so LC must be a continuation trade?..

When you close out the trade , adjust the volume to the amount you want to remove.
In other words donā€™t close out with the same volume you began with.

What you can do is make 3 different orders and close them out at the profit levels you assigned.
e.g. Order 1: 30% of trade, profit target 1
Order 2: 20% of trade, profit target 2
Order 3: 50% of trade, profit target 3

Shaund was telling me that there was some talk of Open prices yesterday (Weekly and Asian session), and it got me thinking.

First of all I would like to address the Asian Range times - ICT calculates from 00:00 GMT to 05:00 GMT. Now if you take a look at the screenshot below you will see that Tokyo actually opens at 23:00 GMT. Is ICT merely using 00:00 GMT because the Asian session indicator doesnā€™t cross the 00:00 line (highly unlikely considering his fastidiousness), or is there some other reason?

He said that flows come into the market at 23:00 GMT, and that would make sense considering the times shown above. As you can see, Asian session closes at 07:00 GMT, and I am assuming that he wants to calculate the end of Asian session influence as an hour before Frankfurt trading (just as he does for all the other kill zones). You will notice that the indicator calculates the 05:00 GMT candle, and so in effect we are looking at 06:00 GMT as the end of Asian influence.

I am not challenging these times as I know that they work (see screenshots below), but I am just looking for some reasoning behind these times.

So what is the start of the week that he projects out for the Judas ā€˜Weeklyā€™ template? I heard talk of it being New Zealand/Sydney, but also Asian Open (which is when?). Now if he is using the forex platform listed on the first page, the first candle is at 22:00 GMT. You will notice that this is an hour after Sydney opens at 21:00 GMT, and 2 hours after the New Zealand banks and exchanges open at 20:00 GMT.

I am currently looking at 4 different platforms and asking myself where is the open of the week, where is ICTā€™s opening, and what is his reasoning for choosing those times? One platform is telling me the open of the first candle is at 18:00 GMT (impossible!), two are telling me 22:00 GMT, and one is telling me 23:00 GMT. The minor variations might well be overlooked if we are looking for Weekly Judas swings, but they are of greater importance if we are considering Support & Resistance levels.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Ali

I always thought Tokyo opened at 00:00 GMT all year long. Gotta do some research tonight i guess

there could be the new high on cable that I was waiting for;) will it get there?:wink:

Ali,

during yesterdays session, ICT had the Asian Session marked on his chart as 7pm EST- Midnight EST. I sent him an email yesterday to ask for clarification on which one is used for what. Hopefully he responds back soon and Iā€™ll post up what he says.

It makes sense to me to watch the earlier session (7-midnight) for breakouts since the Midnight to 5am parameters are changing as price changes.

Just back from work and saw eu went slightly above 28175 before it turn, maybe 2720 next, :38:

Yeah, what levels are you guys targeting for exits?

phew!.. couldnt hold for more, out at +30 pips on the live account, will try to let it run for the whole week on the demoā€¦ (need to work on the disciplineā€¦ :28: )
:41:

Nothing wrong with that bro!

Hmmm, still in my tradeā€¦ although I only got in at 1.2795ā€¦ Iā€™m going to protect this thing like itā€™s my lost son!

What is the midnight to 5am session? Are you still talking in EST, in which case that is early Frankfurt through to late LO kill zone?

i think tommorow cable will blow out. making higher lows but highs stay at the same level.

Btw i love the soundtrack at the begging of videos :smiley: mind sharing? :))

Based on daily fractals, sentiment is Longā€¦
Iā€™m still waiting at this point. Canā€™t choose a direction.

what are you basic your long on? just fractal or something more?

Well protect it to long and it will be your lost son lol

LOL! :stuck_out_tongue: True, but Iā€™m trusting my analysis :stuck_out_tongue: I think the fiber still has at least one more lower low in it before it makes the inevitable path upwardsā€¦
If I was dumb money right now (praying that Iā€™m not!!), then Iā€™d be going long based on market flow and pretty much most indicators.
If I was smart money, Iā€™d remember that weā€™re still in a sell program, and that todayā€™s action is merely setting up the high for the week.

Time will tell whether Iā€™m dumb or smart :wink:

yes, i am talking in EST, Frankfurt- late LO.

To be honest, Iā€™m a bit confused right now, but I think the price levels set in this session are key levels to watch for S/R throughout the day/week