What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Check ICT’s tweet for what I’m sure may be a precursor to the ‘Millionaire mindset’ ForeXmas video.

The short I have been looking for may be appearing finally. I only go for 1-2 trades per week but with nice pip gains.
Show me the dinero!!! 1.2780 level looking good right now

That’s a 300 page book!!! Dammit, don’t have time to read it this month. Only after the 24th :frowning:

ok, time for dumb question… when open the Trade Sheet that ICT gave us I get it locked in a smaller frame and can not be extended to the size of the screen… dont know if this make sense at all so please see the screenshot for more clarity

would google it but not sure what to search for
any help appreciated, thanks

Hey Sage - Sorry of this is obvious but why 1.2780 for a short?

one shot one kill, i think the three of us are all waiting for the same thing hehe. if it doesn’t materialize, I lay in waiting until next week (ha, we’ll see :/)

It appears the workbook is protected and the structure is part of it preventing moving the window, resizing it, or adding new worksheets.

If you goto tools, protection…the option is to ‘unprotect workbook’. Choosing that requires a pwd. The pwd to open read only that I know is not the same here. We would need the pwd from ICT to unprotect the workbook to be able to manipulate the structure.

Not saying that it is optimal for short, just saying that I am looking to go short this week as I believe we are still in a sell program. I’m expecting to wait till Wednesday LO session to see if a higher high will be made than today. If yes then that is the level I would look to short based on higher time frame analysis. Today fractal low was formed due to Sunday trading…
1.2780 level is a level with multiple confluences, remember that ICT (or other veterans on this thread) has said we would need at least 3 concepts to have confluence and 1.2780 is one of thos levels.

Thanks Sage - I get the analysis just wondered if you were planning a sell right now. Btw - that was my first post so really appreciate your swift response. Good luck

I see this is your first post on babypips. welcome to the thread mapman.

Unless you’ve been stalking for a while, you have a lot of catching up to do.

Couple thoughts if you’re just getting started.

Rule 1. Patience.

Rule 2. Patience.

Rule 3…watch videos in the ‘course’ at the top first. don’t jump into a lot of the other stuff yet. Use the course to get your feet wet.

Rule 4…try to read the thread…and watch the Pro Traders Club videos in parallel as the thread discusses the videos. The date stamps on the videos should help align with the datetime stamp of the post.

Rule 5. the ‘search thread’ function is your friend. A lot of questions have been asked many times with the same answers. A question you have might be found with a quick search, versus posting a question and having to wait for an answer.

Rule 6. Patience.

Whew I am glad I caught this in time. You forgot the most important rule of all. Lucky number 7: Repeat Rule 1. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the heads up and the welcome. I’ve been trading for a while and have used Bpips in the past for some education / learning stuff etc. but came across ICT somewhere else and followed my nose here. This is a first class thread / resource and I’m glad I found my way here. I’ve watched the videos (most of them anyway) and all I can say is that ICT and others who post provide an incredible service. You can pay 000’s for fx educ. which doesn’t even compare with the stuff here for free. I’ll now get on to the Pro Traders vids. Nice to be here - talk again I’m sure.

cheers

Just for your personal note mapman, I stumbled upon this thread (not the previous one) in late November. I watched all the videos apart from the Pro Traders and Million Dollar Challenge ones. I started reading from post 1 page 1 till now. I only caught up 2-3 days ago. I traded the methods in this thread a number of times. I am still on a demo account. I decided to restart for 2012 with my $5k balance (still on demo) and will be going live mid-year with a real $5k account. So far it’s been a great experience. Apparently a new thread will be created by ICT for this year as well as live market analysis starting in February.

My message to you is don’t neglect the previous pages as, practice makes perfect. ICT being the master here, learn from him first. However, with great contributers like Ake, Ali, Clark, hellogoodbye, Wally, manta, Needypips etc. (sorry if I forgot to mention some others), there is plenty of insight in this thread to make you reach your trading goals.

TradeSheet - Kopia.zip (78.2 KB)

Maybe this work out

this is exactly the same Ken, with the same problem… :confused:

Is a “Z-day” the same as Search and Destroy? Today seemed to fit that bill. I couldn’t make heads or tails of it.

Isn’t bearish market flow broken on the daily charts? I would wait for confirmation…

Correct me if I’m wrong but bearish market flow is broken only when the daily high breaks through the previous fractal high?

Tomorrow looks like bullish day. Third day after daily fractal. Flows up on H1 and H4. ICT just tweeted that large range day expected after todays z-day.

Still learning so I may be totally off.

I gotta say…the rule of patience is gratifying today.

As I posted earlier, I am seeing SMT divergence all afternoon between our pairs. I know previously, I would be in the market by now hoping I had it right…I mean…I saw divergence…get in the market.

It’s so freeing to not be in the market right now…knowing I can wait for 7am GMT to pounce.

I’m a sniper…I have the target in my scope. I could shoot now, but there’s wind and minor potential obstructions. Based on the way my target is heading…I can wait for him to move into a clearing and I have 1 shot…1 kill.

If the target changes direction…I will lie in wait for the next target.

I’m a sniper. I’m not in a hurry.

What a relieving feeling.