What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I would characterize an S&D day as one that will gun stops both above and below the consolidation range with wild price swings. A Z Day will look similar to S&D without fast and furious swings since it is basically a day where the market is meandering between the high and low of the consolidated range.

I’m not sure what you mean by “broken”, but if you’re asking whether or not the daily MF is still bearish then according to the following daily Cable chart yes, it is bearish.

WRT the statement about TT lines as S/R levels, that was simply food for thought as we need to keep in mind the general concept of TT lines acting as S/R levels when combined with various confluences, which was - I believe - shared in the Traders Trinity ForeXmas video.

…so, basically ‘‘S&D day’’ is ‘‘z-day’’ on steroids? lol :18::59:

I think you’re viewing it as weekly market flow. Look at the recent daily swing low made

We are still bearish for now, last fractal high on daily chart hasn’t been surpassed.
I’m looking for a Judas up tomorrow and then Fiber/Cable go down.

Or z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z day is a sleepy search and destroy. :slight_smile:

after 2 days of very little movement in the market, how many retail traders have an itchy trigger finger, salivating for the first sign of movement so they can finally put a trade in. How many sheep will be following their leader tomorrow? Unknowingly to them, their leaders name is Judas.

Hope I’m not part of the herd tomorrow!

Not really.

Although the “recent daily swing low made” is a higher low than the previous swing low made, in order for it to change market flow from bearish to bullish, the most recent fractal high formed needs to be breached to the upside.

As of now, simply looking at the daily chart, Market Flow remains bearish. Hope this makes sense.

Sorry about that I mislabeled what Im trying to say. I meant to say intraday market flow is no longer bearish, so until thats on my side I’m sitting on my hands. As a developing trader I’m not ready to try and catch the weekly high/low.

It does help mate. Thanks. I intend on demo trading soon. But I think starting with a small account like you might progress my learnings quicker

Great explanation.

I’m just wondering if we’re going to retrace a bit more on EU, to around 1.2900, between 50 and 62 fibs, before continuing down.

I’m making an extra effort to focus on larger timeframes

Gotcha Thanks

…hm, anyone noticed what a beautiful bear flags we have on both our pairs?.
best viewed on 4h, not so much on daily…

sladhaFX is correct. In order for daily market flow to turn bullish the fractal high has to be taken out. His picture explains it perfectly. But we also have something else interesting going on with the daily chart. Compare the lows, fiber vs cable on the daily. Looks to me like we just formed a higher time frame SMT divergence if cable can hold up above Sunday’s low.

:57:

I am looking at the same chart as you - a Cable Daily chart.

Take a look at the 08min:30sec point of this video: Top_Down_Analysis.avi - YouTube it may add more clarity.

I honestly think we need to start another thread like ‘Discussing ICTs methods’, this thread is becoming hard to keep up with and I am a guy who has enough time to review in the morning and night. Plus since so many new guys are jumping on board questions that were honestly asked from page 100 have been reasked 10-20x. I think the new thread would be okay because we have a fair number of us who can chime in every once in a while and give competent answers.

When 10 pages go buy and the man himself hasnt even posted once, it feels cluttered. Just my opinion

And dont get me wrong I enjoy that ppl are sharing, because discussion speeds up knowledge acquisition.

I would tend to agree with Fury, or maybe today’s trade discussion… I guess ICT tells us these methods are a toolbox and to apply the right tool for the right job under the right market conditions and/or use the different methods to confirm particular setups… spinning off threads based on particular methods but dillute the message of using the right tools at the right times…

For example I have made several trades this week using the Short Term Profits video method with Fractals – all good so far – but the discussion here just at this moment is based on applying another method… it gets hard to follow and maybe there is some value in having breakout threads somewhere… however we don’t want to dillute the goodwill, energy and insights shared by all the disciplines do we!

What to do?!

I know there is a lot of content, but I think splitting things up will be MORE confusing. There is always the search function and helpful people to help you find something you miss. I’d prefer to only have to follow one thread l.

I think we need an agreed upon live chat. Maybe using the livestream chat or something else. There’s a lot of questions and comments that would be much better off in a live chat. I think we have close to 15 pages in the last 24 hours. Insane lol

It would be nice to have an ICT chat room for people to chat during say LO and NYO. The bad thing about that is there is no record for those people who aren’t present. It’s nice to have all the videos and stuff on this thread to reference, but some of the best learning, at least for me, comes from the discussion about the videos and other info from Michael. So I like being able to go back over the last few days on the thread and read everyone’s thoughts. You lose that if you just have a chat room.