What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Did anyone catch the livestream as the short covered?

Apex Predators Baby! Watch out! :slight_smile:

Ok anyone ever get sick of how stupid you are to yourself? (ie – calling yourself stupid –I am not trying to call anyone else stupid)
I think I know stuff – and until I start thinking outside and or around the box - - I don’t realize, I really don’t know. Fricking frustrating.

Here is my example for today - Top Down analysis – sure I know what it means and I do follow it (or do I?)

I am sitting at work – avoiding it (work) – so in my efforts to become a Judas Expert – so I started drawing a little chart, I’ll try to explain what the chart looks like.
It is simply asking these questions:
Pre-asian range = down to open of new day – and then asian range is above that – below that or it’s in the middle
Pre-asian range = up to open of new day – same questions.
Pre-asian range = flat to open of new day - same questions.
Then after that – what did/does the swing look like
All this done for a ‘buy’ program and separately for the sell program, and separately for the daily is ranging.

And some where in here – it struck me and I wrote this - -There are zero small timeframe factors ahead of the day that can help you determine where the day will end.
Pause
Some/Most of you are calling me crazy right . … am i?

So let me finish the thought – and you may then sigh a sigh of relief.
. . . . without first knowing where you are at on a daily/weekly basis, or within the market structure or market flow.

See – last night I found myself going long because of a NICE SMT divergence – then I got the nagging feeling this isn’t right - then asked myself why did I go long here: so as the professional I am trying to become- -I left it open for a couple of bars- while I determined why, and said NO- this isn’t right you don’t have any basis for going long except for that SMT divergence – and I did close it yeah for me.

In hindsight - - IF, I was in it for a scalp - -and IF I knew where my targets were and IF I were there to manage the trade – it would have been a fine trade. And some more IF’s IF I was around for the L.O and IF I was anticipating a down move and IF I saw the entry point and IF well you get the point. it was a pretty one last night.

And now for a part 2- because I still have over an hour left to be at work 
How much can you learn from ONE trade:

Here is what I learned from ONE trade – the one I made last night.

1. Top/Down analysis comes first EVERYTIME (even if you want to scalp – you gotta know your scalping against the flow/structure/ etc . .so KNOW what to expect, AND KNOW that it is going against you soon)
  2. Sort of the topic here – SMT divergence or smaller time frame analysis means absolutely ABSOLUTELY nothing – when not tied to higher time frame analysis. And I am guessing as well other individual factors mean ZILCH by themselves without Higher Time frame knowledge.
  3. another way to look at 2. above is – there are literally hundreds of SMT divergences – which ones do you ‘listen’ to? There are literally 10-20 places of support and resistance which ones do you ‘listen’ to.
  4. I also learned – I am not a scalper at this time, I neither have the time nor the knowledge yet – and furthermore, I don’t plan on becoming a scalper until AFTER I become a professional – (ie after I figure out how tomake $ in this market, on / with direction of flow structure trend –however you want to call it (not that I won’t try, but that I know that it doesn’t count either way win or lose)
  5. I learned contrary to what I just said – I learned that scalping can and does work, when you know what your doing. (or at least I believe it can and does work – and I can research this at some other date)
  6. Most of all I learned, I don’t know Top Down analysis yet – so this is where I digress and ask for help.

I’ll admit – I’ve only check the COT report 1 time in the last months
How often do you look at the COT report?

I’ll admit I don’t know of what or where to look for other analysis outside of the COT and the higher timeframes.
Do you use any other information- and how is it useful to you?

I’ll admit – I’ve only had 2 maybe 3 trades in the past several months, that I did have the higher timeframe as the FOREFRONT of my thoughts – many other trades are like last nights - - hey there is SMT divergence – and I think my bias is down –lets short this puppy.
Do you always trade with your higher time frame bias – if you are not scalping?

I’ll admit – sometimes like last night I suppose I just trade to trade (how unprofessional of me) I’ll work on this one.

OK –Last question – and I am asking because of my minimal chances of being consistently able to monitor the London Open.
Do you feel like you could:
Draw a box in the approximate place of where you expect a Judas swing to ‘hit it’s high or low’ (I mean this in a couple of ways)
1 – would you feel confident enough to draw the box and go to bed and let happen what may (an E.A)
2 – would you know several hours ahead of time where you expect it to happen and when.

Ok – almost quittin time – I hope at least 1 person finds this usefull.

AK, can you explain why you entered at 2781. On my charts 2781 wasn’t in the OTE. Just curious.

Thanks

Just wondering what time you guys set your alarms for to look at the LO. Im GMT -5. Thanks.

well you 5 hours behind UK time then. London Open for you would be 3am LOL

Similar to my analysis also. But i would rather not see the deep retracement in your last picture. I don’t want it to break through prior s/r levels which could then act as support again. I’d like to see it judas rally into the s/r level on your middle picture then fall hard and take out the low. I think it could be another 100+ pip day if that happens. Have to see what happens in asia first tho :slight_smile:

Ha! I got that part. I was just wondering if you get up at the open or wait a few hours for the PA to unfold.

Just depends on how much analysis you need to do. Maybe midnight to 1am EST 1:30am at the very latest. Remember LO killzone is 2am to 4am est.

Only caught the last few mins… but I see it’s archived :cool:

I was around, but didnt see the exact moment

why, what happened

Looked like the TP hit the very low for that swing and it was an insane amount of cash lol Awesome :smiley:

Things that make you go hmmmm…

On the way home. Had a thought.

Does the judas fractal apply to monthly timframes. Like in a down market, the high is put in on the 5-7 trading day. Then release.

Hmmmm…

Maybe even more major pips?

Is it just my computer; I’m trying to watch the livestream from 754AM that is about 2H49M long, but there is no sound. There seems to be background sound about to about the 5 minute point and then just video.

Hello!
What do you think about this?

WeeklyS2,Daily S2,Sunday Open confluence !!!

Congratulations to all of you who bagged actual pips today. I want to start my account soo bad, but gotta grind a few more weeks of work.

I was right with my long bias in anticipation of a judas and possibly an extended move. I was viewing yesterdays LC as a consolidation and when the azn range went bonkers a buliish 15m divergence was created and I would have been looking for a short term trade to hold into w/e LO presented.

Yesterdays 1h bearish divergence is what lingered in my mind forever and I was pondering its significance; well it, among other things, significantly lead you guys to some serious pips.

This thread is on cocaine hah!

Well done to all those who captured the entire (or most of the ) move!!!
I was a chicken…lol
But I did catch a meager 30 pips on the NY open.

That looks like what I was thinking ALL DAY!

Thank-you Michael for your kind words!

I have long seen the potential of what you share freely with us here, and it truly is my driving force to have that potential manifest itself for all to see, especially you!

Let me be honest with you all. There has been multiple times that I have thrown these tools to the wayside and cursed them for not working when I felt that they should… I left the path, and for a short while I felt good that I had regained my “independence” and could finally find something that worked for me. But each time, I would come back to these ICT tools and concepts sooner and sooner. Now, when I have that urge to cast the tools aside, I remember that it is merely a temporary feeling and that the truly rewarding path is to master the tools and trust that they will work in the near future… creating a lifetime of potential opportunity…

…but only if you have the P A T I E N C E :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how to follow the tweets on twitter? all I see is one side of the conversation.