What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Yikes.
You are putting a jinx on my trade.
If it gets there, I’ll get stopped out :frowning:
O well, at least my moved my stop to BE, so I can’t lose :slight_smile:

You’ve made profit and can’t lose anything now, and just cuz I said I’m waiting for X level doesn’t mean jack haha.

…It moved 5 pips up after you said it…

Scared ya! haha, its moving lower as I’m typing this :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit:

The more it moves lower the less likely I think it is to see 1.281+ anytime soon so will probably look to short NYO if something comes up

I missed it by 5 pips…and such a nice move… :34:

Question:
What do you guys normally do around this time, would it be wise to move my stop some more?
I’m up by 60 pips profit, so just in case, I moved the stop from break even down another 30 pips, just to lock in more profit, in case of a reversal.

Is this wise?

Hello Judas…Nice to meet you…:53:…Love it when a plan comes together …:53:

For me it really depends on price action, I like to take some off, move my stop a little lower (either to BE or slightly negative if I think I will be safe) and then hold the rest for 15-1800GMT. ICT tweeted that he got out at .2746 and that he was done for the day

nother edit:

looks like it COULD be a SnD day, not that it WILL be…

Really?
ICT’s out?
Then what am I doing here…

Edit…
That’s it, I closed out.
First profit was 30 pips, second was 60.

Thanks for the heads up, need to check my tweets more.

Quick question for you guys about the SMT tool, I keep trying to throw it on my chart it doesn’t show anything. There some parameter I have to tweak

Not sure what you are using, but the one I use requires me to use a line chart, not candlesticks or bar charts.
Thanks to whoever donated that .

It could be the way your broker names the pairs that’s giving you this issue. For example, some MT4 platforms may list Fiber as EURUSD. Another broker may list Fiber as EURUSDXF. Look at the top left portion of your screen and see what your broker lists the pair as.

Depending on the SMT tool you’re using – I’ll illustrate with the “OverlayChart-MA” tool – you can to go into the tool Properties, click on the Inputs tab, and in the “SubSymbol” field you type in EURUSDXF or EURUSD or whatever your broker designates the pair as. Also, set “ShowCandles” to “false.” You can then plot this onto a Cable line chart (or vice versa).

Hope this helps.

Oh gosh, now price is going back up again :o And I can’t cancel my order :frowning: Do you guys think price will be bullish above 1.28?

I’m not 100% sure but there is a higher TF OTE short between 1.28015-1.28230

We just took out PDH on Fiber, but not on Cable as I type this. Remember, we were trading in fair value region of TT during LO KillZone, this could be Search & Destroy…

Ya, I’m short 1.281, trading it as SnD

edit:

30% off @ +30

Ah well, it’s been triggered now, so I can only hope price will stay below 1.2810 until I get home. I placed that short order in line with the higher TF OTE that you mentioned hellogoodbye. I’m sure there must be significant stops waiting below 1.27 especially, but I imagine these may only be taken out in later days…

Ah close enough I was hoping not to bug clark on this one but I guess I have no choice, turning off the show candles did a bit but now just shows a bunch of random lines which I assume are key levels

Thanks though

You are not alone I try to use this on my MT4 and it does nothing either. I have reinstalled it many times and it does nothing

When you say you turned off candles and it did a bit…I assume you mean you had candles and it took them away. Which would mean you symbol is named right. The ‘subsymbol’ parameter should be how the broker names the pair, which is in the top left corner of your chart. FXCM for example is EURUSD no punctuation or anything. I had to change the default setting to match my broker.

Also, if show candles is ‘false’ showMA must be ‘True’ or else you’ll just get the reference levels. Showing a MA is a 1 period MA…or a line chart.