What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Not sure if this would be the same thing…but we had bullish divergence on the EU/GU pairs starting friday afternoon and continuing into Asia on Sunday.

Not sure how this lines up to your method or similar things.

But I would be curious how volume on a friday afternoon NY time before a 3 day holiday weekend would be terribly meaningful. Admittedly, I don’t know much about VSA…but it seems volume should be very light friday. In your opinion, was it a change in volume due to the holiday, or a completely valid signal.

Pete,

I don’t see your post as an intrusion at all. It is my belief (even though I haven’t read much of your’s or Jays threads to have a firm grasp on what you do) that all 3 systems might have the ability to work in tandem. The problem is, is that we are trying to become experts at this system, and adding another one into it would only add to the confusion. As experienced traders, ICT, yourself, and I can only guess that Jay all saw the buy signals. As neophyte traders, we are not always going to see the signals because of a lack of experience, not from the lack of tools we have been taught thus far.

Divergence doesn’t play a role for me. Actually much of the profit taking on shorts and positioning long did take place during US session on Friday. Take a look at the 1hr chart, zoom out and look at that Volume. In spot FX we get tick volume, it shows us the market was very active, and knowing how smart money operates, it gets defined as demand…buying.

The last thing I want to do is throw off this thread, so I will post no more on this topic here.
This is my thread. 301 Moved Permanently

Hello folks,
I took a trade today
Shorted Fiber on LO at 1.2801
MF down
kill zone,sell zone,H1 OTE,round number
Took 1st portion at 1.2771 +30pips
Took 2nd portion at 1.2741 +60 pips
Stopped out at BE+1 for the 3rd portion
I was wrong today but still profitable :smiley:
No more trades this week…One Shot - One Kill
Broker time:GMT

I wish you Good Luck and Good Trading!

I end my trade basically at the 0% Fib retracement level based on OTE or at my stop loss.

The intent of my post was not to discuss a mechanical approach to using ICT’s material but to obtain feedback on how I have tried to apply what I have learned so far in the past 3 weeks and see how I can improve. It may seem mechanical but this may be the only way I can gauge where I stand so far in terms of what I’ve learned and how well I was able to apply it.

Can you post a chart so we can better see what you are doing. You help us and we help you

Sure, i’ll paste some examples tonight using a chart.

Absolutely classic trade bro!! :smiley:

I envy you…

Awesome. 224.5 pips in 3 days. Good job CubanPip

Cuban thanks for the inspiration bru! Tomorrow is the day for me - One shot, one kill! :slight_smile:

Amazing trade. Great job.

Is your broker GMT? So you just got out of the trade? Why did you choose now to finalize it?

Also…did you scale out profits along the way?

Anyone else holding onto longs for weekly range potential?

Hmmm I would imagine that is pretty risky with three up days in a row… But that’s just me, and I WISH I was holding a long position :stuck_out_tongue:

I like 2980, weekly R2 but we’ll see where we are at on Friday mornin

Would like to hear more on this…

where you got in at
what made you want to hold onto the positions
why you think it will go to 2980

Much appreciated

Im at work so forgive the brevity…
Got in at 2738
Think the low has been printed for the week
Holding for weekly range potential

So you got in today during London Opens OTE…nice…I guess you made a lot already so if you have a small position of it still open I would go for it…

I took the short during London Open, didin’t get 60 pips like ICT but bagged a little over 30…

Somehow ICT knew exactly the type of day that was going to occur wild swings and such and thus stuck to scalping. Wow. I wonder if there is still stuff that he hasn’t taught us yet which would have gave us greater insight.

Definitely see that now. Might be a very useful tool to add to the toolbox. It was hard enough getting through this thread, now you want us to go through another 1500 pages lol…