What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Same error for me. Perfect time of day but I’m at work and the firewall blocks the chat :frowning:

Silly me got distracted and missed my entry…grrrrrrr.

On a positive note, I am relieved to find out that the drought I have been experiencing for most of this week has come to an end. NY ADR…NO! GMT ADR…NO! GMT+1 ADR…I’m sticking with you!

EDIT: Not a complete drought as I had the stillborn yesterday :8:, but nothing else has really presented itself all week. Was starting to question my ADR and the LC trade. Patience…patience…patience.

EDIT 2: Def. worth noting that these are GMT pivots and toggling of these is a must.

Yeah… i was having the feeling for this week too… Not much confluent entry esp for london open for the fiber… and NY open having much news this week so again not trading… But i am sure those pro guys are not having the same issue as me and will be able to spot some good entry for LO.

Seems like u using 2 different ADR too?? How do we adjust for that??

I don’t know what it is with this ADR to be honest. I have had two successful weeks with it set to default, but my default is GMT+1 whereas other people’s will be NY or GMT I guess. I was toggling about tonight and that is why I missed it. Toggled back just as it had taken off from OTE…was using NY at the time and it still wasn’t hitting ADR.

Also compared levels with Jaroon…we both set our ADR to GMT on the same pair and they were a full 20 pips different. I would expect a little difference as we have different brokers, but 20 pips on Cable? That is quite a bit, isn’t it?

So, I am at a loss, but I will be sticking with what I have seen to be successful on 16 trades to date (only 12 taken). Worth noting that USDJPY, EURJPY, and AUDJPY all put in viable set-ups tonight.

How to adjust? Play around with the ‘Time Zone Of Data’ in ‘Inputs’.

Oh ok i see, I’m in Dubai…they tend to block many things lol, that explains it

Before following the ICT techniques I never really paid much attention to pivots.

I quite often go back through charts, looking at M5, just clicking forward a bar at a time to see
how I would have traded (or not) The thing that always seems to catch my eye is the consistency
with which price bounces off the pivots. It sometimes almost seems like you could make a living just
taking pivot bounces, especially CPP. Price usually seems to either blow through the pivots in
grand fashion or make some kind of turning action. And the ones that don’t work out, it’s amazing
how often you could get out at BE or better with out getting too much DD.

Obviously there’s much more to trading than just pivots, just a curious newbie observation.

Flabberdous,
I completely agree with you, I never really paid much attention to Pivots or Fibs just because I felt they were imaginary S&R that people made. But I guess when everybody, including large institutions, use them, they become more concrete.

Regards,
Clark.

Took exactly the same trade for the same reasons.

Psychologically speaking, it was like trading on autopilot. Saw the setup, drew fib, looked for confluence, determined entry price, set limit order and stop, walked away.

Came back a bit later to see things well in profit, and watched the trade until it got stuck at PDH(*). I had my stop just under the DP at this point. When it retested PDH and couldn’t get through, closed for 50 pips.

Then went to bed. No further trading, no stress.

ICT - Thank you so much :cool:

(*) Update: OK it wasn’t Previous Day’s High, but it was the London/New York session high.

Markets are already pretty active… Price hit the EST R1 and GMT R1

Yeah I thought it looked like a “text book ICT trade”,nice trade it was.

It hovered around MR1 just below previous days high for quiet some time,It looked like a turtle soup reversal pattern because as soon as price broke through MR1 and tested previous days New York session high it tanked down to MS1 again?

Where to now for the Cable?
Any ideas where price might be heading if it breaks through resistance of 1.6400 or if it falls from resistance at 1.6400?
Personally i think its going for 1.6450 to complete the upward trendline and retest January 2010 high on the daily at 1.6450

I like your analysis there Shaunnd. Currently price 1.6420 and stalling (due to stops being triggered?) but with momentum so upside on all TFs and this much momentum I won’t be trying to catch the top.

I’ll be flat for the morning but I’ll have a punt at a prediction lol, 1.6400 to act as resistance and price consolidation between 1.64 and 1.6440, with maybe one push for 1.6450 to trigger stops again?.

Haha, rail road tracks, 1.6390, at least I’m flat, which is an improvement from how I usually trade in these volatile conditions.:38:

It’s friday so here are my weekly results as usually. It’s a pity I could not trade on Monday and Tuesday, anyway quite a good week for me.

5 trades, 3 winners, 2 losers, +5%, +132 pips

My goal is something between 5-10% per week, so I’m happy with the results.

I just picked two GU trades (one loser and one winner). Fiber trades were more or less the same.

Have a nice weekend.

BTW.: I made more than 20% in just 2 weeks and less than 10 trades. Everything with ICT tools only. Not bad in my opinion :wink:

I really like the exact definition of market flow. It helped me a lot. It gives the direction and where to look for trades without any guessing or predicting and that’s exactly what I needed. Thanks again Michael.

I found some website with very nice description of market flow and other related techniques:

Introduction to the Advanced Course � Invest FX

(I have nothing to do with the website, just found it interesting and useful.)

It is pretty similar to what Michael is teaching. Also very similar to Chris Lori materials.

Tough to predict Cable today, I am staying well away as the budget talks have broken down overnight, the two sides of Congress are struggling to agree a compromise. As the law governing funding for lots of public offices expires at midnight tonight, a compromise has to be reached today. So as rumours circulate ahead of a deal, and then details of the actual deal emerge, anything could happen, as this is likely to come down to politics at least as much as business. So I am out and watching from the sidelines, as I was yesterday for the various European announcements.

So while I like your underlying analysis for a ‘clean’ week, I would not touch Cable today. But that’s just me, I know some traders love predicting this stuff!!

ST

Me too…I am not gonna trade anything today that involves USD… Lol… Have no idea what is the impact nor result of the tug of war.

And so i ended this week… without any trade… lol… just a few paper trading though…

Well i guess that is why i am still a newbie… not seeing any good set up on the fiber to warrant a live trade this week ( too nuub to look at more than one >_<) with so many high impact news etc and not to mention my net broke down on wed…

Good morning, ST

(Well, it’s morning here, anyway.)

Regarding the haggling in Washington, and the prospect for a “government shutdown”, check out this thread from several weeks ago — 301 Moved Permanently

In my opinion, this whole thing is a bit of [I]kabuki theate[/I]r — political posturing, which will have very little effect outside Washington.

That being said, your caution regarding trading today is reasonable: forex markets can have knee-jerk reactions to things which don’t matter in the long run. I would say that “the long run” in this case will be [B]this weekend.[/B] No matter what happens in Washington today or tomorrow, I think the market will have moved on by Monday.

If there is a shutdown, the essential functions of government — starting wars all over the world, ushering millions of illegals into the U.S. across our southern border, harassing forex traders who want to trade overseas, etc. — will continue without interruption.

National museums and national parks will be closed, and the so-called “news” media in this country will scream about the irreparable harm being done to the poor American people.

When these “shutdowns” occur, the federal government furloughs “non-essential” government employees. It’s absolutely stunning how many of those folks really are non-essential.

The only thing wrong with this country is that we have way too many pigs feeding at the public trough.

I say, Cut the federal government in half, and watch the economy double.

Na, ok, I said enough, but took one more cable trade for this week.

Sold GU for 6396 with target 6323 (+spread). Let’s see:

EDIT:

lol, just came from theatre and checked the trade. OK. So final score for this week is 6 trades, 4 winners, 2 losers, +8%, +202 pips

[QUOTE=Manta;252868]Na, ok, I said enough, but took one more cable trade for this week.

Sold GU for 6396 with target 6323 (+spread). Let’s see:

Sir my brokers swing low traced at 1.63297, I guess one could argue a perfect trade would have a little more leeway but that was a spookily good prediction, hats off, respect is due:51:

BTW I’m not arguing, it was simply a beauty.

Looks very doable to me. Entered off the weekly at 1.6392 targeting 1.6150’ish for next week.