What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I’m looking forward to read your blog… Thanks…

ahhh come on ICT you’re killing us :wink:

I would think a big shot trader like yourself would have some kind of 100mbps fiber optic connection :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps this is a lesson of patience. “Let the ICT come to you…” :slight_smile:

Patience is the word, I have been looking at s/r lines and supply/demand for a couple of weeks without any trade and it feels great, it seem to give at least some deeper understanding of the shadow of this market. Looking forward to next lesson.

Okay folks… I just finished uploading the latest video. I have been struggling to fit what I had hoped to upload to youtube, but the files are just too long to post there. So I have to edit and splice and compress… oh well… it’s just slower than I hoped for.

If you like it and the thread… vote on the Babypips thread rate option for this thread… I’d like the feedback and it’s private too. :rolleyes:

Anyways… GLGT!

Just uploaded:

[B]The Forex Projection Calculator[/B]

and

[B]The Ultimate Trader Worksheet[/B].

Enjoy and as always… GLGT! :slight_smile:

more great material !! thanks!

Great video again ICT, lots of information to digest over the weekend. Those excel files are really good too, they can take some time to make but you did all the hard work for us. Thanks! :smiley:

One question though, where can we find the 2, 5 and 10-year note yields in line chart format?

I knew about bond yields and currencies relationship but looking for divergence between them is bordering on genius :eek:

Another priceless tool from ICT, along with “Market Flow” and the Dollar Index :cool:

"[I]One question though, where can we find the 2, 5 and 10-year note yields in line chart format?[/I] "

The US Tresury website has a comparision of 2 bonds at a time chart, if thats any help?

Thanks ICT.

could you post the exact link, I couldn’t find it on their website :o

I’m on board and loving it. After completing pipsology I’ve been looking for some structured education as opposed to googling random forex sites, trying out more indicators on silly t/fs and blowing my demo roll, just like ITC said I would, spooky:)

Thanks ITC really looking forward to next week now the indicators have gone, provisional S/R levels are drawn and the need to enter a trade within twenty minutes of sitting down is abaiting.

Thanks a lot again ICT, anyone know were to find this Yields chart?

Have a peaceful X-mas and a happy new year.

Also how to we “guess” where the US dollar index is poised to go? If we were able to discern it’s future direction with any reasonable certainty then why not just trade the dollar index instead? would appreciate a bit of clarification ICT or anyone else…thanks

Patience Mozdef, I’m sure all will be explained in the fullness of time.

Here’s that treasury link US Department of the Treasury where you can compare 2 bonds at a time.
If anyone finds a better source can they post it for all of our benefit. Thanks.

Wally

possible one thing: do you have the chance to trade US dollar index with any position size, even as little as 1 pip/tick being only as little as 1 cent?
i dont think so.
if you know that if A happens, then usually B follows, like in the US dollar index case, you might just choose to trade it with the vehicle that gives you the most flexibility in your circumstances, which might be via forex. the least capital needed, a fair comission system, and the greatest flexibility to pick your position size i think.

hehe…you’re right. I got a bit too excited :wink:

thanks for that!

hah you’re right we can’t trade the US dollar index :o i guess what my point was how would it be any easier trying to determine the possible future direction of the index vs. a currency pair. Or maybe we’re just looking at it generally to determine the market flow using fractals or some such? Or maybe I should just wait for subsequent lessons and stop asking so many questions… :smiley:

Futures accounts let you trade the DX, and it’s $5.00 a pip.

PFG is the only one I’ve seen it on.

They don’t have it on their MT4, it only shows up on their Best Direct 8 platform.

That platform also has the 5 and 10 year bonds.

You can get the 10 and 30 year bonds on MT4 at GCI Financial.

[B]Interest Rate Overlay Tutorial [/B]Video posted on the thread’s first post.

Thanks for the ratings and votes on the thread’s poll. I’m sure some regular spotlight seekers will use it to vent… but that’s okay. I’m only interested in the overall viewpoint of the readers. :wink:

As a future feature of this thread… a weekly trade example on the tools in action and they will post as an archive on the first thread as well. This will be one weekly video not daily so it will highlight the effectiveness of chasing down the ideal prey and letting the little one’s pass us by.

Hope the tutorial helps… and as always folks… GLGT!