What hobbies do you have to unwind?

Smoking a J & reading a book or just working on my website. That and probably playing a good video game as well.

1 Like

yea, smoking definitely helps me relax, along with reading a nice motivational book. I’m going to get back into playing COD also lol

I used to smoke cigarettes back in university, if you could call about one pack per week smoking - and since then I’ve quit smoking altogether. I don’t regret it, I went through a pair of lung infections because of the flu in recent years and I am better off not smoking.

Oh dam. What causes lung infections?

Flu often causes all sorts of nasty complications, from lung infections (sometimes full pneumonia), encephalitis, heart inflammation, muscle inflammation, etc.etc. It can actually hit your nervous system too, a have a surgeon friend who had a partial paralysis of one of her hands after going through the flu. It’s a serious illness with serious complications and should never be taken lightly. This is why your doctor may actually prescribe you antibiotics when you’re going through the flu, even though they cannot cure the flu itself, as it is a virus and antibitiocs have no effect on it, but they do have an effect on the bacterial complications it leads to.

how do you feel about the flu shot? just curious

Raging on BabyPips :joy::joy::joy:

Holy crap. Didn’t know the flu could cause serious things like that for non-immunocompromised people. TIL.

@justshell I get mine yearly. Do you?

I used to get them, but I stopped. Need to do my own research on them before continuing to get them

How long since you stopped getting them? Have you noticed any changes?

After my experiences with the flu last year I went and got my flu shot about 45 days ago, and I convinced the rest of my family to do the same.

@purtle People with completely healthy immune systems can suffer from such complications, unfortunately. One should never underestimate the flu.

Yea, I have a vegan friend who hasn’t gotten sick in yearsss. I texted him last week and he told me he was sick as a dog, so yea, even healthy people can get sick out of nowhere.

I hope your friend gets better soon!

1 Like

thanks! I think he’s feeling better now

2 Likes

I am a vivid sports lover. I try to watch as many sports programs as i can. I also love to go to the gym. I go about five times a week. I can’t able to sit down for long period of time. I am full of energy and i exert it doing these sort of stuff. What do you do in your free time?

Do you practice any sport apart from going to the gym? What kind of sports do you like watching?

Lots of people I know are sick right now - and it doesn’t matter which country they’re from. It seems January is sick month for people I know at least.

Wow, that’s pretty frequent! Are you following any particular workout/program?

December through March are usually the worst months in that regard, although I’ve had the flu during April too and that was the first time I got the lunch infenction complication actually. :frowning:

Glad you’re a lot better. Hopefully that has beefed up your immune system by a lot! Do you know what caused you to catch that flu? Like was it from a party or like visiting someone at a hospital? Those are usually the culprits for me getting the flu. That or flying.

Thank you! I sure hope so too!
As for how I caught it, a family member of mine actually caught it first, brought it home, and within a week my entire family, including myself, was sick and extremely feverish. That was not a good experience.